View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 05:26 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
joandmelandhan

Morning Arp!
I'm so glad to see you back Ben. It takes guts to start again.
I hope you managed to have a nice Christmas with the family though. It's such an intense time and of course alcohol is everywhere.
Truth is Christmas was never a big drinking time for me. It was afterwards when the girks went away to be looked after so I could work that I went mad drinking. It's been on my mind this week. Not a craving to do it just the sickening memories of what I used to do. Just gross.
I know it's important to keep going forward but only natural to recognise memories and have a little think too.
Girls are back in a couple of hours I can't wait to see them!
Ben I know you've not asked for advice but my little twopenneth would be this. Have you tried the online crash course on AVRT/ rational recovery? Its a really great way to kick start early sobriety. I was sick when I finally put the bottle down. Physically and mentally heading down fast. I dived into anything I could read or watch. "Rain in my Heart" is a very sobering (pun intended) 10 part documentary on YouTube. Scare yourself into it if that's what it takes. Sorry I know you didn't ask but of course we all care about one another.
Take care Ben and if you feel a crave come here first. I'm never too far away and neither is anyone else.
Right better get off and tidy up a bit.
Lots of love xxx