Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 11

Old 12-07-2017, 02:34 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Oh Jo, it will be lovely to have you with us over the weekend.
Thank you Arp for bumping up our thread, we've been lacking a bit. Enjoy the snow.

Nothing exciting happening here. Oh, yes of course... tomorrow is FRIDAY.

Wishing you a sober FRIDAY
Old 12-08-2017, 01:29 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Yes Elke I'll be here! Got the day to myself now and I must admit it's nice to have a bit of quiet. Recharge my batteries and rest I think. Have a lovely day everyone!
Old 12-08-2017, 12:24 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

it's just after 8pm and I'm tucked up in bed, wonderful, happy weekend everyone.
Did you have a good day Jo? All nice and chilled out?

Back to my house moving project tomorrow. I can't wait either, I'm ashamed to admit it but living with MIL is taking it's toll and the AV is trying to take advantage grrrrrrr.

North Wales had quite a bit of snow today, we're still ok. How's the snow with you Arp?
Old 12-08-2017, 01:23 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Snow. Snow Snow Snow Snow Snow. We got Snow...

Up around these parts, we sometimes get it by the foot. My plow guy did my driveway yesterday, and this afternoon you could barely see my tire tracks from heading out earlier this morning. When it's snowing really good, everyone who's not a complete moron turns on their headlights while driving, and sometimes you still can't see them coming at you until they're eight or nine car lengths away. Then if the wind blows really hard, we get sideways snow that's even more blinding! Whee! What the hell, still better than a raging forest fire racing toward my home...jeezus, can you imagine? How scary...

Here's to a good and sober weekend for all my little Mayfly friends!
Old 12-08-2017, 03:05 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Not long now Elke.......weird isn't it the things that set off the AV? No need to feel the slightest shame dear. You've told on it and that's the main thing!
I did have a very quiet day. Plenty of rest and then got all of my Christmas presents wrapped tonight. Phew! A good job done!
No snow here yet. I think Sunday is the day we'll get some. Bring it on I say! 3 foot of snow and a day snuggling on the sofa bliss!
Time for sleep I think. Night night everyone xxx
Old 12-10-2017, 05:02 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

It's Sober Sunday; how was everyone's Sober Saturday?

Today is a favorite annual church service: the performance of the kids' Christmas Pageant. The plot doesn't vary much from year to year...no surprise endings or cliffhangers. Speaking parts go to the 8-10 year old demographic, and younger ones will fill in as sheep and angels. Free-range sheep, of course, as they generally don't stay where they're supposed to; and our little angels can sometimes engage in territorial disputes over who stands where. Our biggest suspense comes from waiting for one of the smaller ones to fall off the "stage" (our altar is raised about two feet off the floor, but everything is carpeted, so there's usually no bleeding involved.) And the best part: they all sing their songs with a CD accompaniment, so our piano player has time off to enjoy the show!

So I guess it's finally time to say it: Merry Christmas, Mayflies!
Old 12-10-2017, 03:16 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Oh Jo, you are so good, getting all the presents ready, I'm impressed. I haven't even bought any, scary but true.

Merry Christmas Arp, I hope the church service went well and none of the kids fell off the stage.

We had a bit of snow here today but luckily it didn't stay.
You're right about the fire, that must be so terrifying,

Good night you lovely people. Have a good, sober Monday!
Old 12-10-2017, 03:41 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good week everyone

D
Old 12-12-2017, 09:27 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Just when I thought I was okay I've been allocated a rock hard job at work and bam! Anxiety through the roof. It's so hard to keep coping when so much is going on isn't it?
Won't drink that's for sure. Can't start this whole journey again so it's one day at a time and do my best.
How on earth do you explain what's going on to your boss who would probably fire you if he found out you are alcoholic? Tough isn't it sometimes?
Ho hum.....off to Melly's Christmas play tonight so that should help take my mind off things.

Love to all take care Mayflies xxx
Old 12-12-2017, 03:48 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe you can just say you're struggling with the job you've been allocated and it's causing stress Jo?

D
Old 12-13-2017, 01:38 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Dee miraculously he decided to tell the client we're not prepared to do it! Just like that it's gone away! Sooo relieved it was like flicking a switch back to normal. Phew!
Lots of love all. Nice early night and a good sleep for me xxx
Old 12-13-2017, 02:29 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Good night Jo, I know how you're feeling...completely overwhelmed etc... when this happens I try to concentrate one one small part of the job at a time and that seems to help me. Similar to one day at a time here. You can do it Jo. You're raising 2 daughters, just the thought of it gets my anxiety through the roof.

I can feel my energy going this week, couldn't be asked to do anything, have to force myself. The weather doesn't help, it's very wet here and high wind tonight. Anyway, most important I'm sober

Good night Mayflies xxx

Great to see you Caramel, thanks for popping by...
Old 12-13-2017, 04:17 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Administrator

really glad Jo

Hi Elke

D
Old 12-13-2017, 04:22 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

24 more.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:36 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elke516 View Post
I'm sober
Yes you are Elke!!!!!!!

Do you know? Sometimes I think when we get side-tracked by the day-to-day stresses of life it's easy to forget that amazing fact.
We fought for our lives and so far, one day at a time, we've made it!

Super important for us to give eachother the support we need to get through the festive period so I'm in! PM me, post here, have a rant, anything! Let's get to 2018 sober gang!

Lots of love xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 12-15-2017, 02:11 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Wonder how Ben and Sim and Tootiesdad are?

Sending some love just in case....miss you guys!
Old 12-16-2017, 03:18 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Yes, we've really become a rather small group of regular participants around here, haven't we? I'm guessing many people just get busy; that seems to be going around (well, not at my house, but in general...)

I'm the opposite of busy...I'm very good at napping, and shirking responsibilities...my favorite phrase: "I don't feel like it!" Large, petulant man-child, how charming. I remember a Dilbert cartoon (set in an unspecific office) where the lazy loser character said "My philosophy is, 'Anything worth doing is too hard!'" A coworker responded: "That's not a philosophy; it's a character defect!" Oh well...it's a good thing I'm funny!

It's the middle of the month, time to take a count: yesterday was nine months since I quit drinking. My anniversary is St. Patrick's Day, in March; is that celebrated in the UK or Australia? I enjoy the irony of getting sober on a day honoring an Irish patron saint, observed here in the US by drinking copious amounts of green-tinted beer, usually in loud, rowdy taverns. That 'holiday' passed by quite unnoticed in the detox facility where I was briefly housed! Not even green tea...hey, maybe I'll get a shamrock tattooed on my ass this year to commemorate! Ehh, no, probably not.

Okay then! Y'all enjoy your weekend, what's left of it. Peace and joy and love and crap...
Old 12-16-2017, 04:03 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think its world wide Arp - lots of Irish everywhere
congrats on the milestone

D
Old 12-16-2017, 04:05 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Morning Arp! Yes it's one or the other in many cases. I'm rushing around like a mad woman moaning about having no time yet I'm acutely aware there are so many people who would absolutely love to have my "problems" (not problems at all I just sometimes forget to appreciate my full life).
Got both girls today and it's clean bedroom day! Ooh I'm m a bossy mum!
Better join them or I'll get a telling off!
Have a great day and OH EM GEE 9 months Arp!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2017, 01:38 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

um...Bump, y'all...those crickets sure are loud...Echo Echoo Echoooo...

Oh, like I've got anything worth posting; the dog is still alive, and I'm still fat. So