Class of March 2016 part 58

Old 09-27-2017, 09:41 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Hey BBG!
Old 09-27-2017, 11:20 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Hey BBG!
Hey Kiki. Just got back from the cardiologist. I wasn't ignoring you! LOL.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:15 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Everything ok?
Old 09-27-2017, 12:19 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CristinaN View Post
Everything ok?
No troubles big bubbles Cristina!!!
Old 09-27-2017, 01:51 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Hey all! Checking in. On my way home and just treated myself to a Larabar. It was yummy. They are compliant on my diet but still feels naughty. Lol.

Casey - glad you're here! ❤️

BBG - glad to hear you're okay!!

No plans tonight. Just going to make dinner and read some of my book. The peacefulness of my evenings now is pretty amazing.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:46 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

WELCOME BACK Casey

KK- do I detect a brit influence? I think 'arse' sounds much more effective than 'ass'. That's wot us 'strains say.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:14 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Well today was better than yesterday....I still have a job (knock wood) so that's a plus!

It's only been a week since I started studying Chakra meditation, but so far I'm enjoying it. Turns out each one of mine have been blocked so I have lots of work to do. I just did the one for "Throat" which is supposed to help express myself and communicate.....definitely something I've needed to do all my life.....

Drum therapy this evening

Dunno what's happening to my pics....the one's I've posted have disappeared.....first tinypic, now the upl website doing the same shenanigans.....internet jerks!
Old 09-27-2017, 03:28 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Administrator

Looks like my post didn't 'take' - welcome back Casey
Hows it going Sam?

hope today was a better day PJ

D
Old 09-27-2017, 05:52 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Everything ok at the cardiologist BBG?
Old 09-27-2017, 05:52 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Looks like my post didn't 'take' - welcome back Casey
Hows it going Sam?

hope today was a better day PJ

D

Hey Dee!
Old 09-27-2017, 05:53 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
WELCOME BACK Casey

KK- do I detect a brit influence? I think 'arse' sounds much more effective than 'ass'. That's wot us 'strains say.
Well I WAS born in Germany! Ha. Do they say that there?
Old 09-27-2017, 05:56 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Well today was better than yesterday....I still have a job (knock wood) so that's a plus!

It's only been a week since I started studying Chakra meditation, but so far I'm enjoying it. Turns out each one of mine have been blocked so I have lots of work to do. I just did the one for "Throat" which is supposed to help express myself and communicate.....definitely something I've needed to do all my life.....

Drum therapy this evening

Dunno what's happening to my pics....the one's I've posted have disappeared.....first tinypic, now the upl website doing the same shenanigans.....internet jerks!

My day was better than yesterday too but I didn't leave my house until 5:15 pm! Ha! I completely avoided humans! I had to wait for a delivery that I had to sign for. I was supposed to go to a meeting but the delivery didn't come til late afternoon. Kinda glad...wasn't in the mood for humans today.

Your meditation and drum therapy sounds cool. I need to beat the crap out of some drums! Sounds therapeutic!
Old 09-27-2017, 06:21 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Thanks Kiki.....it really is therapeutic, though I don't bash the drums either (like I should) ~ my teacher has been trying to get me to dig in and gain confidence.....hoping the meditation will help with that too.....I'm now starting to learn "Paradise City"

My boy Shannon is featured in Drumhead Magazine and the new issue is finally in the store! I bought two copies

I hope everyone is having a good night/morning.....gonna try and wind down with Sleepytime tea.....Thank you SO much everyone for being here!
Old 09-27-2017, 06:42 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Thanks Kiki.....it really is therapeutic, though I don't bash the drums either (like I should) ~ my teacher has been trying to get me to dig in and gain confidence.....hoping the meditation will help with that too.....I'm now starting to learn "Paradise City"

My boy Shannon is featured in Drumhead Magazine and the new issue is finally in the store! I bought two copies

I hope everyone is having a good night/morning.....gonna try and wind down with Sleepytime tea.....Thank you SO much everyone for being here!

That's awesome about your son Purp!

Are your drum lessons like "therapy drum sessions"?
Old 09-28-2017, 12:27 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Morning!!

Early one here and I'm already tired. Lol. Grateful to not be hungover that's for sure.

Purplrks - I meant to respond to you yesterday and I'm sorry I didn't. Work stress and the feeling like you have "messed up" somehow is the worst. I don't know about you but what I think people are thinking of me when situations like that arise is always way worse then reality. And if it had happened to someone else we would be way more willing to cut them a break than ourselves. The reality is mistakes happen and sadly like everyone else we are human. Hope you're doing okay. Love you.

Hi Dee! I'm doing okay. How are you?

Well I'm off. Need more startin' fluid

Happy Friday Jr!!
Old 09-28-2017, 12:49 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Purplrks - I meant to respond to you yesterday and I'm sorry I didn't. Work stress and the feeling like you have "messed up" somehow is the worst. I don't know about you but what I think people are thinking of me when situations like that arise is always way worse then reality. And if it had happened to someone else we would be way more willing to cut them a break than ourselves. The reality is mistakes happen and sadly like everyone else we are human. Hope you're doing okay. Love you.
Way too early to be up, Sam, except for us insomniacs. Second cup for me already.

Those are wise words above, Purps. We are often our own worst critics, so we need to keep things in perspective. CBT stuff can be a pain in the butt but it does sink in after a while.

Wishing all a good and sober day. Another long day for me ahead, which is good I suppose. Still SO much to get caught up with in sobriety. When I drink I let everything slide.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:08 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  
Administrator

all good here thanks Sam

D
Old 09-28-2017, 02:32 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, yeah I'm definitely my own worst enemy.....I need to remember to move on, but not just blow it off so it doesn't happen again.....I get so flustered sometimes it causes me to make even more mistakes!

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
That's awesome about your son Purp!

Are your drum lessons like "therapy drum sessions"?
Thanks Kiki, .....I should've said 'crush' rather than boy Sorry for the confusion....but yeah it helps use other parts of my brain that need to wake up. I hope your therapy sessions are going well for you too!

Time for some startin' fluid
Old 09-28-2017, 02:44 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Went to the ;aunch/exhibit of the art/story cubes I supplied 4 things for. Snapshots of peoples experiences/connections in the city. They were serving catered ladeda food and good quality bottled wines. On being offered- just asked for soft drink. Not even a theoretical thought to feel stressed at booze being there. I spotted the token alcie. So easy to see- without trying. The behaviours, the pretend pause before accepting the booze...staying away from the booze. I do not think anyone else noticed. He had 4 very full glasses in 30 minutes. Do not even judge- just noticed. Interesting tho- this is the first official function as an invited guest where I have not drank booze. Literally- the need/want has been burnt out of me.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:10 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Hoping everyone's alright, this thread's gone a bit quiet...