Notices

Class of March 2016 part 58

Old 10-02-2017, 04:46 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.
I had a really tough week last week and was really full of self pity so this week I am focusing on my blessings and keeping my recovery first. I’ll be 9 months this month and I feel like I’m becoming complacent with my sobriety so I’m gonna step it up a bit.
Anyways have a nice day everyone and I will check in again when I get to work this morning 😊
Old 10-02-2017, 04:50 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Drool with superpowers, Dee.
This guy was so cognitively dyfunctioned- it was sad. He had a lot of knowledge- but could not string together a coherent sentence. He linked my arm to the Grenfell towers fire in London- because of fire...then went to a street in Adelaide with that name and then went somewhere else..
Yep- I just wear it one the cuff. The biggest annoyance are people who NEED to know how I got the burns (as I always wear a burns glove). They really do not want to know the story..reactions are usually very uncomfortable. That alcoholic bit. It is not a nice sotry- not like a saving a kid from a burning car..
No probs- but some people just will not give in..
Old 10-02-2017, 06:31 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Good for you, Cristina. I remind myself every day complacency for me will lead to relapse.
My sponsor (an 'old timer'), once told his sponsor, after a long day doing service work- on a very cold, windy and rainy wintery night he was too tired to go to a meeting. His sponsor replied 'there was a time you would have crawled over broken glass and braved this weather to get that bottle'.
He went to a meeting.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Starting' fluid in hand - busy week ahead.

Dee and PJ - well meaning people can be a pain, but they are well meaning. Drool a little, smile, waive, etc. All good. i don't know what to say about people asking about your burns, PJ - more information than they really want, I'm sure.

Christina, good for you on recognizing you might need to be a bit more active in your efforts - I love that story PJ ... very fitting.

Good morning Purps and Sam. Thanks for the love

Have a great day everyone, I'll check back in later!!
Old 10-02-2017, 10:16 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Good for you, Cristina. I remind myself every day complacency for me will lead to relapse.
My sponsor (an 'old timer'), once told his sponsor, after a long day doing service work- on a very cold, windy and rainy wintery night he was too tired to go to a meeting. His sponsor replied 'there was a time you would have crawled over broken glass and braved this weather to get that bottle'.
He went to a meeting.
So true!!
Old 10-02-2017, 12:25 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Hey guys!

Quick check in. When people get too curious, I love making them uncomfortable. When I say, "well, none for me, I'm an alcoholic" is my favorite.

Am doing a lot of face to face stuff. Have an application in to do AA meetings at a women's prison here. Pretty excited about that. Trying to find the best course to get certified to become a substance abuse counselor. I think I found an accelerated program.

Finished step 9. Made amends with every person I could think of for everything I could think of. There were some tears, but it was so worth it. Had to be one of the most "freeing" things I have done. I emailed an old friend with no response and that doesn't bother me. My side is clean now.

Keep doing it wonderful people! You are worth it. As many day 1's as it takes MITA, keep doing it.

Love you guys. Will probably be around more .... got a lot of crap done while I was away.

Don't drink. It's dumb.

And if you want to know.....it is soooo much better this way. (P - great job - 87 days. )
Old 10-02-2017, 12:29 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Hi Bobbie 🤗
Old 10-02-2017, 12:45 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Hey, Cristina! Great job, recognizing the complacency. 9 months is amazing! Sorry last week sucked. Hope this week is better.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:52 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Hi,B. Onwards and upwards, girl!
Old 10-02-2017, 01:18 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Trying to be as awesome as you, PHX.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:25 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Is is not nice that the world bathes in the glow of our collective awesome-ness?
Old 10-02-2017, 04:05 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you Bobbie

D
Old 10-02-2017, 04:39 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Bobbie's back!!!!

So glad to see everyone ~got some exercise & meditation done after work so hopefully now I can relax......gonna check in around SR so I won't be far!

Marching forward we go!
Old 10-02-2017, 05:45 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Great to see you Bobbieka!!

I will never give up. One of these "Day 1s" will be my last day 1 - hopefully this one

Anyway, today has been a pretty crappy day all around but I am having some ravioli and iced tea for dinner. Tomorrow will be better.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:59 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Counseling first. The temp suggested something I was NOT going to do. To invite humans (like her and other recovery staff) to an opening of my humble little art exhibit next year. A good feel moment for them. It won't be for me- but out of respect, am going ahead and doing that. Then city library to change over my doco's. I go thru about a night at present. Been like that for months now. About .0000000000000001% is retained in mem. The guy at the library calls me by name now. The last person to do that ran the local bottle shop. Then a meeting. OK- I am doing them be-c so many with long term sobriety iterate the importance in early recovery to persist with meetings..even if they seem callow and repetitious. Which they do. I have got to the point where I count the metaphors and cliches certain speakers use...the ones who repeat the same narrative. I respect these people and like them- but it is like watching the same episode of the same sit -com.
Old 10-03-2017, 02:41 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

We should take a class trip next year to Phoenix's art exhibit! Good point about the meetings too....I found myself getting bored; one of the reasons I stopped going. AV having its way with us, I suppose?

It's tomorrow, MITA! Let's make it better
Old 10-03-2017, 03:13 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Morning!!

Startin' fluid in hand and on my way out the door. Day full of training and meetings. Meh.

"It's tomorrow - lets make it better!" - I love that Purplrks!! Thanks for the reminder that we get to wake up each day and choose how we are going to approach it.

PJ - I too would love to see your exhibit. I'm on board for a class trip! And good for you for stepping outside of your comfort zone (again!) and including other humans in your successes. ❤️❤️

Hi Bobbie!! Great to see you!!

Well I better be off. Have a great day all!!
Old 10-03-2017, 03:26 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Morning BBG!! How are you??
Old 10-03-2017, 03:37 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

yes, how r u BBG?
B- I forgot to say how much I admire you for puruing the proactive prison thing. Also the study. I tried late last year- BUT my brain was too cooked. Will see later.
Hope the training and meetings ok Sam. Is the training interesting?
MITA- you are posting. Your posts are always valuable.
Purp- I still go to meetings (5 a week now, 2 by default..as I run them, 2 to support- or so I like to think). I make myself go- as if I do not I will get bored, then complacent- then relapse.
To keep sane- my latest trick is to imagine what superhero the scratched record shares would be.
3 solid hours walking today. I get an extra hours sleep for one walking, so tonight I should get 6.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:58 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!!

Phoenix I’m with you. Meetings are a big reason I’m sober so I go even when they are boring and I don’t want to. I’ve made a commitment to go to an evening one with a friend tonight. It keeps me accountable.
Check in if you haven’t. We are missing a few peeps. 😊