Notices

Class of March 2016 part 58

Old 09-24-2017, 02:17 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Howdy Marchers.

Chores today and now I'm pooped. Was going to make curried chicken, basmati rice, etc. for dinner but I'm shortcutting and picking up some sushi instead.

I did get out for a 5 mile walk early this morning and saw that fall is gathering steam.

Have a good evening everyone. Enjoy your day off, Sam!
Old 09-24-2017, 04:41 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Checking in tonight. Quiet. Feels like we are dwindling in numbers here. Wishing anyone out there who might be lurking would check in. We need you!!

I am feeling very grateful this evening for this class (big or small) - you're all a huge part of any success I have on this journey. Love you guys.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:54 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Old 09-24-2017, 05:26 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

boo- Sam
Old 09-24-2017, 07:32 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Monday- 0200. Brain is not tired. Brain just made me mop the floor. I see- around me, at SR and at meetings, for those who take recovery seriously- a determination to heal. To grow...not to look at the incidental days of depression or sadness- but loyalty to keep trying and learning. Damaged people who make the effort accomplish more than any other people I have seen.
Amen!!!
Old 09-24-2017, 07:36 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Sorry for the weekend absence. Missed you guys! Was super busy running around like a chicken with my head caught off! H. (Do chickens really run around after their heads are cut off? I've always wondered where that saying came from...hmmmm)

Off to bed. Night everyone! :-)
Old 09-25-2017, 02:07 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

LOL Kiki! I've wondered the same thing.....

Hello class! Sam's right, it has gotten really quiet ~ I was looking at my list wondering if we should take roll call March 2016

It's so nice to wake up on a Monday not hating life....meditation has been helping, slowly getting back to the gym....I haven't done any journaling lately, tho. I need to open that portal back up.

It is that time again!
Old 09-25-2017, 03:16 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Well humans, another action packed few days (and what else is not new?). The more I try NOT to get involved with other people in recovery- the more I seem to. Apparently 9according to my counselor), the change others see in me (my 'aura') attracts them- I drip compassion and reek of empathy. I just do what I think is right...rarely feel good about it. One old guy at a meeting today- old biker- huge gut from an enlarged liver- warned me it is not the done thing to run 2 meetings. I try to explain it was default- no one else around..but his brain has shrunk as much as his liver has enlarged. I asked another sober veteran (one of only 3 who, after 20 months have my phone number) about this..and we have targeted someone to take over one of the meetings. No skin off for me...I do not matter- it is a bout the meeting running, not personalities. So if someone else can benefit and the biker is kept happy (this guy is seriously strange)- why not? Supporting lots of people anyway- out of meetings. One girl (only 37) who started a new job today. First one in several years. She is in the recovery program with me. She is doing really well- we walk a lot together..I talk incessantly, she ignores me and plays Pokemon- I lose weight, she stops escalating..so all happy. I am very much looking forward to be finally out of this program..excellent as it is. 8 addresses in 24 months. Long term goals- such as networking, budget, work- blah will come with a place of my own. No idea what the ex is doing with the home- re sales. At present my recovery is more important to me. The least I can do is give her space. Slowly beginning to get used to other humans again.
All 4 now.
TTFN.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:43 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! I have a huge TO-DO list to tackle today. Fun!!! Lol

How is everyone?
Old 09-25-2017, 06:13 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Morning folks!!

PJ - humans are a double edged sword aren't they? Sounds like you're doing amazingly! I need to take a page from your playbook and learn to drip compassion and reek empathy. ❤️

Hi Purplrks and Kiki!!

Well I have already started some food prep for the week. Other than that it's just getting the house in order and laundry. I feel so much more peaceful with a clean house. Weird I know.

Anyways on to my second cuppa startin' fluid.

Happy Monday!!
Old 09-25-2017, 06:43 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Morning Marchers. Sorry I missed the weekend. Hope everybody had an enjoyable one!

For those who don't know about the headless chickens. Yes they do run around! Well they hop and jump and flutter around for a few seconds. I remember watching my grandmother butchering chickens!!!
Old 09-25-2017, 06:57 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

That's so sad BBG! Poor chickens..... :-(

SAM....I'm the same way about a clean house. Messy house & clutter causes a TON of anxiety for me!
Old 09-25-2017, 10:56 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Just checking in for Monday. It would be nice to get everybody back in here again wouldn't it? I hope everyone is doing well.

Another hot day, something like 15-20 degrees above normal. I'm not complaining too much, it will be cold soon enough.

My wife read an article, something like "6 Reasons Not to Clean Out Your Garden for Winter." Apparently it's good for butterfly chrysalises and critters of all sorts to leave it be. Something like that. Well, go ahead, twist my arm!

I wanted to raise chickens once, but then I saw them being . . . umm, dispatched. DIYer's use "killing cones" these days (prevents running around) but you still have to do the deed. And I'm a wimp. I avoid stepping on ants.

Have a good and sober day everyone. I hesitate to say it, and don't want to jinx it, but sobriety is beginning to feel like the new norm. I want to make this stick, for keeps, for whatever comes my way, even though I can still feel how close it is. Keep an eye on it, one and all.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:32 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

It's hot here too. Like crazy hot. 40 degrees today. Yuck.

Also I don't know about you guys but the chicken I buy is grown in vats somewhere....it's definitely not alive and then....well I'd rather not talk about it.

Made some cabbage rolls for dinner with ground turkey (again grown in vats) and riced cauliflower. They were yummy!! Now I'm just going to make some tea and play a bit of my computer game (I know I'm a dork)

Hope you're all having a great night!
Old 09-25-2017, 05:05 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Pelagic that's so awesome you've reached that point....something to look forward to! And it's good to recognize the balance we need to keep at it so we don't get complacent.....we Marchers must stick together!

Spent two hours at the gym....wasn't planning on it, but just as I was cooling down an instructor talked me into taking a class. I may be doing the "robot" tomorrow! LOL
Old 09-25-2017, 06:03 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Just watched Young Sheldon. Not nearly as good as BBT. Prolly won't watch anymore!
Old 09-25-2017, 06:12 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

I'm a wimp too Pelagic! I feel guilty killing anything but spiders and mosquitos. Hate those 2 insects!
Old 09-25-2017, 06:14 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Just watched Young Sheldon. Not nearly as good as BBT. Prolly won't watch anymore!
I thought of you earlier today when I met a guy who is a chemist and guess what his absolute favorite show is??? BBT! Ha. Did you watch the new one tonight? He said there was a new one on at 8:00 tonight.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:16 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Pelagic that's so awesome you've reached that point....something to look forward to! And it's good to recognize the balance we need to keep at it so we don't get complacent.....we Marchers must stick together!

Spent two hours at the gym....wasn't planning on it, but just as I was cooling down an instructor talked me into taking a class. I may be doing the "robot" tomorrow! LOL

Lol Purp! I was a robot today too! Got wayyyy to much exercise last weekend! Over 40,000 steps on my Fitbit!!! In 90 degree heat!
Old 09-25-2017, 06:18 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
It's hot here too. Like crazy hot. 40 degrees today. Yuck.

Also I don't know about you guys but the chicken I buy is grown in vats somewhere....it's definitely not alive and then....well I'd rather not talk about it.

Made some cabbage rolls for dinner with ground turkey (again grown in vats) and riced cauliflower. They were yummy!! Now I'm just going to make some tea and play a bit of my computer game (I know I'm a dork)

Hope you're all having a great night!
You said you didn't want to talk about it but what's a "vat"?