Notices

Class of August 2017 Part One

Old 08-03-2017, 11:48 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Oh hi Plenny, nice to see a familiar person on this thread. And Dee of course.
Let's make August stick hey. I really don't want to join another class down the track. I want to rack up 10 years like Dee
Old 08-03-2017, 11:51 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

This is the start of day three for me and Fridays are very hard. I don't know why as it's not like I hit the town at the end of the working week - I'm a secret drinker - but it's a trigger. Also I tend to go in cycles of a day or two sober then back.

But today will be different. I feel inspired by reading about everyone's efforts on here and for once feel as though I'm not doing it alone. I've got a plan and I have a mental counter to the nagging addict in my head. It's mainly swearing, but whatever works!

Have a good day everyone x
Old 08-03-2017, 11:54 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Morning all

Thanks Lily - we camped out last night which was actually great fun and brilliant to wake up with a clear head. Glad you had fun at the park with your grandson.

Glad your anxiety is reducing Jezzi. Mine is much better today too. I suppose it will come and go but I remmeber from last time I quit it was a heck of a lot less than when drinking.

Have a good trip PC. Glad the gardening went well Erratic

Welcome to all the newcomers

Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:56 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Good morning! Welcome Captain Haddock, linners, poppy. Looks like everyone is doing great!

I have done my usual commitment on the 24 hour thread this morning so no booze for me today. Who's with me? Have a fab day Augustians
Old 08-03-2017, 11:58 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Islingtonite View Post
This is the start of day three for me and Fridays are very hard. I don't know why as it's not like I hit the town at the end of the working week - I'm a secret drinker - but it's a trigger. Also I tend to go in cycles of a day or two sober then back.

But today will be different. I feel inspired by reading about everyone's efforts on here and for once feel as though I'm not doing it alone. I've got a plan and I have a mental counter to the nagging addict in my head. It's mainly swearing, but whatever works!

I know what you mean. I think Fridays are a psychological thing too, end of the working week., relax at the weekend etc. I just remember how every morning feels great working up sober but there is something extra special about waking up sober on a Saturday morning.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:08 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.

Welcome Linners and Poppy.

Islingtonite and ready at last - I get you. I guess a lot of people feel the same way, the weekenders thread always seems to be pretty busy.
I'm trying to make new weekend rituals to prevent me dropping off the ledge.
My thinking is if I see alcohol as a reward at the end of a hard day/week, I need to find new rewards to replace it.
Hey, I'm saving enough money a week by not drinking to make it happen.

Today needs to be a busier day than rest of this week - feeling restless
Thanks for the reminder Lily, I think I'm going to follow your example with this.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:20 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn everyone x its my 5th day detox again i feel like a sloth lol

I am up at the gardening place for little while again this morn to be there for the judges, then go get some food for my baby critters. I guess i will prob end up back in bed for a sleep. Anyway everyone have a good start to the day and will check on you all later today x

((((hugs all )) we can do this!
Old 08-04-2017, 12:23 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

I can identify with the swearing alright Is, my mantra in my head is 'I am not going through f******* withdrawal ever again so **** off!' whenever I get those thoughts! Keep going through day 3, it gets better
Old 08-04-2017, 01:11 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was exactly where you are one day in April 2007 Poppy - if I can do it...

Welcome aboard

D
Old 08-04-2017, 01:50 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Morning ,0940 here , was up at 5am to do my new duty of getting my son off to work , its only a 3 mile drive so its fine and gives me something to focus on , I also designated myself as the one who makes his sandwiches etc and to make dinner later on . Came back home and went to bed for 2 hours as I felt very anxious for some reason . Mood swings are an issue with me but I refuse medication but maybe I should re-think this stance .
Lilymaz although I have been drinking for a few months albeit relatively lightly it was the fear of going on a bad bender and having those F*****g nightmare withdrawals that brought me back to my senses and came back here for help and support .
Hope you all have a comfortable weekend .
Old 08-04-2017, 02:53 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Happy Friday team! Weekend is here, let's get a plan together for tonight. Think about how great it is to wake up on Saturday sober, rested and at peace. Alcohol is punishment. It makes lots of promises and it never ever delivers.

Post every minute tonight if you have to, cause getting through Friday night will set the positive momentum to get you through the weekend!

Let's do this.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:15 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone Day #4, and feeling good. I need to start exercising , been making plans to start but something always gets in the way. I will make an effort to start today. I am so happy to have you all here with me, Stay strong over the weekend. We can make it together.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:56 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Starting Day #6 here and feeling much better. Not so much of a sloth (thanks Erratic) lol.

I'm spending the day with my 8 year-old granddaughter. Love that little girl with my soul. I'm so happy to be a huge part of her life and she's one of the main reasons I need to be sober. We're school shopping today. Clothes, supplies, new haircut, etc., then checking out Festa Italiana later for the carnival rides and great food!

Welcome all newcomers!! Stay strong everyone. Let's do this!! Much love to all.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:31 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

man i am so with you on the weekend!! before i started this (August 1, so i'm on day 4), i was afraid of the weekend. but, today i am not! it is so helpful to come here and find like minded folks, to know you are not alone, and everyone here is cheering. and i, too, am a secret drinker. i put off being social, and drink at home. but, my kid knows, and that is the worst feeling. but, we got this. lets do this, one day at a time, one minute at a time, one thought at a time... whatever it takes.
Old 08-04-2017, 06:41 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

This weekend is particularly tricky as my town has a beer and wine festival going on, but hey, this is why we plan ahead - I'm going to go on a little trip instead, somewhere with less temptation.
That may be copping out, but hey, you do what you have to do.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:19 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Morning folks - congrats to everyone on another day. I'm on day 4. I know some of you have said Friday is triggering and I can see that. For me though I'm really looking forward to this work week being over, even though I'll need to make sure to fill my time this weekend with some interesting things to do.

Have a good one everyone!
Old 08-04-2017, 08:47 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

good job surrender lets hope im not that sloth tomo on my 6th day lol

i did pretty much everything i said i would do today but now its the dreaded friday evening and i need to take a deep breath (remind me to breath if i turn blue) and relax and that be 60 sec past for the evening lol now what to do?

anyway prob be back later if things get bit wonky x
Old 08-04-2017, 10:17 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Great going everyone! Stay strong and look forward to waking up with a clear, well-rested head tomorrow - Simple thing, but difficult to beat the serenity of an early, sober Saturday morning if you ask me.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:25 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Evening all, just past 9pm here on day 2, been a bit up and down emotion wise today, edgy one minute, at ease the next. Know the score now after going through this withdrawal business far too many times before- hope this is the last!

Feel positive tonight after getting through the 'Friday night temptations' of the pubs in town, over it now though and relieved I got through. I know they'll be ups and downs along the way but at least I'll be clear minded and sober to deal with whatever is thrown my way and not have to go through the horror of trying to figure out what the hell happened in those black out moments at the end of the night.

Had ex having a go on phone earlier and that would have been the green light to head straight out to the nearest pub, but remained calm and wont let anything or anyone sabotage my sobriety this time- no matter what.

Hope all is well for everyone here and that we all get through Friday night in one piece and sober. Stronger together.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:45 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Evening team augustians! Checking in on Friday night. Great choice on skipping the festival tea or coffee!

Friday is when we question the resolve we made on Monday morning. Stay strong, beat the AV tonight and look forward to feeling awesome tomorrow!

Thanks for all the posts, reading them and knowing we are fighting as a team brings strength for sure. We got this!