View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 05:31 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
ghostgirl

Originally Posted by Islingtonite View Post
This is the start of day three for me and Fridays are very hard. I don't know why as it's not like I hit the town at the end of the working week - I'm a secret drinker - but it's a trigger. Also I tend to go in cycles of a day or two sober then back.

But today will be different. I feel inspired by reading about everyone's efforts on here and for once feel as though I'm not doing it alone. I've got a plan and I have a mental counter to the nagging addict in my head. It's mainly swearing, but whatever works!

Have a good day everyone x
man i am so with you on the weekend!! before i started this (August 1, so i'm on day 4), i was afraid of the weekend. but, today i am not! it is so helpful to come here and find like minded folks, to know you are not alone, and everyone here is cheering. and i, too, am a secret drinker. i put off being social, and drink at home. but, my kid knows, and that is the worst feeling. but, we got this. lets do this, one day at a time, one minute at a time, one thought at a time... whatever it takes.