Notices

Class of August 2017 Part One

Old 08-04-2017, 02:04 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

I am in! Fourth day sober today, looking forward to more.

Claudia Joy
Old 08-04-2017, 02:06 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Welcome Claudia. Great start with 4 days.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:08 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Evening all. Look at us on a Friday night, all sober and sensible! Isn't it amazing? Err, just hang in there. You know we are here if things get wonky lol. Breathing is good!

1step, what a great post, thank you!

Deter, Haddock, your posts are so encouraging and true.

Tea, you made a plan to avoid the temptation, I salute you.

Surrender, have a lovely day with your grand-daughter.

Starting over, ghost girl, well done on day 4

Everyone, well done for today. You are all such a great help to me. I too drank in isolation, hiding away and pretending everything was okay. Drinking ended up being a dark and lonely place. I thought recovery would be too, but I was wrong. Thank you all so much. It's early days but I know I never want to back to where I was and you are helping me with that. Thanks again
Old 08-04-2017, 02:12 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

x
Old 08-04-2017, 02:22 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teaorcoffee View Post
Welcome Claudia. Great start with 4 days.
Thank you very much teaorcoffee
Old 08-04-2017, 02:22 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CJHolden View Post
I am in! Fourth day sober today, looking forward to more.

Claudia Joy
welcome Claudia x
Old 08-04-2017, 02:31 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Welcome Claudia and all other folks who joined today and yesterday

Congrats to everyone on their days.

so it's 10.30pm Friday night here in the UK and I'm sober. Been drinking water all evening and eating like a hungry horse today Family party tomorrow at my mother's house. My plan is to have SR open, I can leave at any time and go for a walk or drive, I can go upstairs to another room, go into the garden. just a few people coming and although some will drink some wont and none drink like I ever used to.

I realise it was me who was the crazy drinker at family parties filling up glasses, trying to force alcohol on people, thinking people were boring or odd having 1 or 2 glasses.

I did quit 4.5 years ago and lasted 3.5 years till I started again so have attended many family gatherings sober so no one will be asking me why I'm not drinking. It's no big deal to them. I don't see them often so they won't have seen me drinking over the last year - not that I'm lying to them pretending I've been sober for 4,5 years but it just won't be brought up as an issue, if that makes sense. People really don't care do anyway they - we just think it's a big deal to them because it is such a big deal to us.

I'm in charge of food so that will keep me busy and maybe children's entertainment too!!

Anyway, sleep well everyone and just think how brilliant it will be to wake in the morning sober, fresh and clear headed x
Old 08-04-2017, 02:48 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  
Administrator

great decision teaorcoffee - you too 1step

welcome CJHolden

Congrats to everyone for successfully negotiating a Friday, or those with a plan to tackle it soon.

Remember there's support here and in the Weekenders thread, all the way across the weekend

D
Old 08-04-2017, 02:55 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Hello Team August!

Hope everyone is doing okay getting through this Friday!

It's day 8 for me, I've found it physically quite hard today, I've been having some bad headaches and aches and pains. Again, I had cravings around 8-9pm, that panic feeling of *omg what if I never drink again?! How rubbish is my life going to be?*

I've been sleeping awfully all week so am heading to bed now (nearly 11pm in the UK) to do some sleep meditation. I am planning a very relaxing, family orientated weekend spending lots of quality time with my husband and little one (remind myself what lifes all about, why I'm doing this).

Have a great weekend, Augustussssessss
Old 08-04-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Glad you made it through. Have a great day tomorrow with your family AK
Old 08-04-2017, 08:10 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Evening folks. Day 4 is coming to a close. Had some squirrelly-ness earlier but things seem to be going alright now.

I wish you all a good, relaxing, sober friday night
Old 08-04-2017, 08:53 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Just checking in welcome to all the new comers , everyone have a great weekend and stay strong,
Old 08-04-2017, 10:48 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn all again x well done to everyone getting past the friday evening x

In the end i just went to my bed at 6pm and woke up at 6am so had very long sleep. plans for today is try not to go back to bed and do something constructive, as its still early i will think about it, but just need to just let all my feelings go x oh and its day 6 for me.

check in later x have good morning
Old 08-04-2017, 11:08 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. RAL, you have that whole party thing sussed and cooking entertaining the kiddies will be way more fun that drinking ever could be.

Kitty, glad you got through the panic stages, hope you got a good sleep. SONW, LOl @ squirrelyness what a great word!

Err, what a sleep! I am glad you are taking things as they come today.

Me, I slept well but getting up early is becoming normal for me. I have my OT shift today till 6pm and will probably be around this place a lot when I get home till bedtime( or at least till the offies close!)

Well done everyone for making it through Friday. If anyone is reading who did succumb, please don't let it put you off from posting here. We are all in this together, no judgement here, if anyone understands your fellow Augustians do! Let us help.

Have a great Saturday all.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:37 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Morning all -HAPPY SOBER SATURDAY you're right captain haddock-nothing beats sober saturdays

Determined- thanks for your post. Being part of a team really helps me too. It's great to know we're not alone and other people understand.

Starting over-hope the squirrellyness subsided and you have a better day today.

Kitty - hope you got a better sleep last night. Sleep will return eventually and when it does it will be decent, restful sleep. have a good day with your family.

erratic - sounds like you needed the sleep. hope you have a good day.

teaorcoffee-great decision skipping the festival. Hope you feel good this morning

1stepup- great job on avoiding the pub and dealing with your ex calmly. It's so difficult with exes isn't it. I used to have problems with my ex husband but now I just tell myself I can't control what he says or does but I just need to stay calm. Hope you have a better day today.

startingover-hope you have a restful weekend after your week at work

Thanks Lily just off to the kitchen soon to make sure everything is in order. going to have a relaxing morning then start to do the food later on. Hope you have a great Saturda.y

Denise, Claudia, linners, plenny, poppy, islingtonite,startingover, PC, sober81, jezzi, ghostgirl, surrender, thomas, MNV and everyone else have a great day. and of course Dee for looking after us all. Sorry if I've missed anyone
Old 08-04-2017, 11:47 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Learning to Live

It's 11:43pm here in cali, I had a very busy and very fun day today with my kids and my family. Around 5pm I had slight thoughts of "never drink again? WHAT?" but it passed without much of a fight.

Welcome to everyone who's joined since I've posted

Day 5 is done! I'll be checking in again tomorrow. Good night/day Augustians!
Old 08-04-2017, 11:51 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Good Morning All,

Feeling a little fragile this morning, tired, headache and starving hungry.
No idea why, it will go away later, just need to continue on
Old 08-05-2017, 12:16 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teaorcoffee View Post
Good Morning All,

Feeling a little fragile this morning, tired, headache and starving hungry.
No idea why, it will go away later, just need to continue on
Sorry to hear that Can you take it easy today, rest, drink water, eat, listen to what your body needs.
Old 08-05-2017, 12:38 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Morning all. It really is great to wake up sober and not hungover on a Saturday. I'm going to work hard at remembering that for today/tomorrow too. There are triggers all over the place but I'm trying to think ahead and plan. Some good ideas on here, thank you. Have a great Saturday everyone x
Old 08-05-2017, 01:42 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Morning all , checking in sober and fresh . Weather is fine so going for a walk .

Take care