Notices

Class of August 2017 Part One

Old 08-03-2017, 08:47 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Thanks surrender2win, hoping to make it work this time, just trying to get through the horrors of day one but know it will pass and things will get better IF I don't drink, if I do they'll get even worse- simple as that!
Old 08-03-2017, 08:47 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Hello. I'm on day 2 I suppose. I feel anxious and scared I'll drink - particularly tomorrow. But I really have to stop thinking about it as a done deal and say no to the addict me. What is AV, btw? Is it addict voice?

Good luck to everyone today.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:48 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

welcome to the new and even the coming back ones. I am always coming back, dee can never get rid of me lol jk

i had nice time gardening today was bit tiring but made it through for a couple of hrs and wil be going tomo aswell due to we have some judges coming to thought would help out.
This evening its just me and the dogs while hubby is out for few hrs so was thinking of a bath or shower and get some nice juice and see if i can watch a bit of tv before heading to bed like i have been.
My meds have been reduced once again today but im dealing with it and also she took my blood pressure all week and once again it has lowered so will be interesting how low it will go tomo.
PC have a nice time away and everyone have a good evening or day if its starting x
Old 08-03-2017, 10:00 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Hell everyone thanks for all the welcomes , Day 3 for me and feeling hopeful. I am so thankful to be here. I am soo much better with your support. none of my family drinks and me doing so has caused many problems. I am looking forward to more peaceful days . Everyone have a wonderful day or night , and stay strong we are able to do this together.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:08 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

i'm in! how many stops and starts later? i quit for almost a year, picked up again, quit for several months, picked up again. i'm in it for August. i need to feel normal NOT drinking!! so far, i'm on my third day sober. i pretty much had been drinking heavily every single day. ouch! thank you for the support. coming on here is so helpful.

Last edited by ghostgirl; 08-03-2017 at 10:16 AM. Reason: re-type
Old 08-03-2017, 11:05 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Day 1 for me!

I've quit before but always go back. Not anymore!
Old 08-03-2017, 12:12 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Learning to Live

Day 4! Everyday that accumulates is so exciting . Yesterday evening I found my AV whispering a few times. I know that whisper will become a scream eventually, but for now it's manageable. And when it's not, I have you guys!

Today I feel more bright eyed than I have in a while. I have a little anxiety but it's not bad. Coming on SR and reading everyone's posts helps so tremendously. Last night I wrote a blog entry on my experience so far, and it really helped as well. Feel free to pop by and read it if you like

I'll be checking in throughout the day. Let's make this another 24 hour sober day!

xoxo
Old 08-03-2017, 12:19 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Welcome 1 step, Courtney and Ghostgirl, nice to have so many friendly voices around.

Hang in there Islingtonite, can you make plans to keep busy and away from alcohol for the weekend. It might help bolster your resolve. Don't give up on this.
People will be here if you need to reach out.

Jezzi - glad you had a good day.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:00 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Evening all. welcome to all the new classmates, 1step, Courtney, ghost girl and anyone I may have missed (the thread has got so busy it's hard to keep up!)

Days 1 and 2 suck, I was so ill for those two days, worse than ever before. Not just physically just...everything. Ugh. BUT, realising that I never have to go through that again and that it's in my own hands is what brought me here so in a strange way I am grateful. Life's funny.

I've had a magical day today, just wonderful. Park, grandson, his first time on a swing, cuddles, lunch, sunshine.

I've read through quickly and just want to say well done everyone!

RAL, PC hope you have a nice time away..

Day 10 tomorrow, double digits for me. I'll take that. Have a lovely evening/night/day wherever you all are.

Nice socks Thomas
Old 08-03-2017, 01:02 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Wow, August 3rd and you guys have racked up 8 pages already! Well done and may the sobriety continue into and beyond the weekend!

Good on you for returning teaorcoffee. I was with you in the Oct 2016 class, but also lost the road a bit earlier this year.

I have just reached 1 month sober and will be checking in on and following this thread.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:09 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Hey Captain, good to hear from you. So glad you're back on track as well.
I'm only 6 days in, but doing ok at the moment and glad to be back.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:13 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

hi all, thanks for the friendly welcomes- it really does help to feel not alone anymore. Just past midnight here so made it through day one. Also went back to an AA meeting tonight with a good friend who is in the same boat as us and although I felt weak and anxious I was glad to be back in recovery.

Hope everyone is getting through these early days and we can do this one day at a time.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:33 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I posted a thread earlier but thought I'd pop in here as well, since this seems like something I need. Day 1 for me.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:22 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome LukeStanley 1 step, CourtneyLove, Linners and Ghostgirl

Bon Voyage PC.

I understand we all have busy loves but I really urge everyone to make time to post, check in and read everyday, whenever possible..

Your recovery is exactly what you put into it

D
Old 08-03-2017, 08:28 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Today was huge.

Woke up to a thunderstorm (always a good omen for me), and took my time getting up because I was up so early. I had a huge to do list and a huge project to get started. So I followed my silly list to the T. I even included 'eat breakfast,' 'brush teeth,' among the other items, but I do that so that I can coast through my morning without having to think at all. Just be and do.
I even went out for an early morning rainy bike ride to get things for the house so I could work through the day without being distracted. Very important for me.
I did a quick but very good yoga session. I had prepared myself a big healthy breakfast, I ate, got dressed, put my studio in order, and went to space for about eight hours straight in hyperfocus.
Then I realized I'm still on planet earth and I cleaned up and ate a simple dinner and now I am exhausted and I'm going to sleep.
To me this is an ideal day.
This is not how I behave if I am drinking! lol
Old 08-03-2017, 09:03 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Happy to be involved in such a large class of people trying to get happy and healthy! Day 3 is in the books!
Old 08-03-2017, 09:37 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Good night everyone at the end of Day 3
Old 08-03-2017, 11:25 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Hey all, joining this class and on day 1. I was/am in November 2016 class and racked up nearly 9 months of sobriety, then had a slip up 2 weeks ago which turned into a relapse.
Determined to get back to the happiness I felt in those 9 months.
Alcohol hates me and I hate it!
Anyway, I look forward to being supported and giving support.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:27 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Hi Poppy I'm here with you. Hang tough over the next couple days babe
Old 08-03-2017, 11:29 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Woke up in the middle of the night starving. Had to make toast and peanut butter and honey! Hoping this will help