Notices

Class of August 2017 Part One

Old 08-02-2017, 11:49 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn all im on my 4th day of detox. off to the gardening group later this morn. still feeling very tired but still refusing to dwell on alcohol. Having a little tension and anxiety but not going to let that grow into anything big either.

My moto for today is or even the week is not dwell and let things go, new strategy for me lol

will speak to you all later again, have good day x
Old 08-02-2017, 11:57 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Good morning! Welcome to the class Georgie and denise, nice to meet you

Kitty, I hear you on the tea thing, I am the same. A nice cuppa, there's nothing like it. PC, boiling the water in the microwave is sacrilege lol

A day off for me today, off to get the car serviced and while I am waiting for it will be visiting my precious wee grandson who just lights up my world. I popped over to the 24 hour recovery thread and committed to another 24 hours sober. I like doing that in the morning, kind of sets me up for the day.

The weekend is just around the corner troops, we need to start planning for that. I committed to overtime on Saturday. That will keep me productive and earn me some extras. Weekends with no plans were always my downfall, so I need to plan for the rest of that time as well.

Hope you all have a fabulous sober day. Stay strong and fierce Augustians!
Old 08-03-2017, 12:24 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Morning all

Quick check in as at work. Welcome to all the newcomers and congrats to all on your milestones whether day 1 or more. Day 7 for me.

I had an awful sleep last night-my anxiety was through the roof however, things don't seem as bad in the morning-just tired but at least no hangover.

Driving to England after work today which is a bit of a trek but seeing family at the weekend will be nice.

Enjoy your time with your grandson Lily. enjoy you gardening group Erratic. I work in a garden and fine looking at the colours and growth very therapeutic. Enjoy the bear picnic kitty.

Pc-your post about the British and tea and kettles made me chuckle I think I'm the only Brit who can't stand the stuff! Coffee all the way for me

Catch you all later.x
Old 08-03-2017, 12:43 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, hope I can join this class even though I quit in July. Hadn't checked in before but at day 24 and I guess I could use some friends

I stayed sober for now (haven't had a stretch like this since 2015) by reading, making a puzzle, being a better mommy to my dogs and obsessing over all the baby fish in my pond instead of drinking and smoking. Some other mindfull activities in my plan include colouring, gardening, cleaning, fixing my car, and eating, because I rarely did that while drinking and could stand to gain some weight. Also I have been wanting to make a sweater from scratch, sheering a sheep, hand spinning the wool, colouring it with plants from my garden, and of course knitting. Still so much to learn, hopefully leaves little time to think about drinking.

Good luck all
Old 08-03-2017, 01:07 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome evienne

D
Old 08-03-2017, 01:12 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Checking in feeling happy and sober . The Mrs says I need some new clothes so I must be looking a bit scraggly lol . Off to the shopping centre or as you call it in US the mall , whatever its called ,clothes shopping is not an activity I enjoy haha but needs must haha . I said to her "Come to think of it I have a notion of buying a pair of hiking boots " she said " that's not Clothes .
Old 08-03-2017, 01:48 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Morning everyone

Welcome Georgie, Denise and Evienne.

Welcome back Mike, that's the mistake I made when I drank - didn't come back, just kept on drinking. Hopefully you have a gentle restart.

I am sleeping so much, it's a good job I'm off work at the moment. I'm crafting away to keep busy and cleaning up the flat, room by room. It has basically been a disaster while I've been drinking, so needs so love.

Everyone seems to be keeping really busy, which is great.
Evienne, you won't have time to drink with all that going on. You have so much more energy than me at the moment.
Erratic - pleased you have found an activity that calms your anxiety.

PC - as you can see I'm on the fence as regards tea or coffee. I tend to start my day with coffee then move onto tea later and I'm definitely not a purist - I'm a milk first kind of gal.

Thomas, your post made me laugh out loud, that's exactly my approach to clothes shopping.

Dee - I hear you, my tipple was wine, so beer gardens seem to be ok for me, I'm am watching it carefully though and planning my exits before I enter.
I have more problems with supermarkets and restaurants. Can't really avoid the supermarkets, but am avoiding the wine aisles and avoiding the one supermarket that has stuck the wine aisle right in the middle of the shop, so you have to go through it to get to the till.
I do hear you though and promise that I am keeping it in mind.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:44 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday and welcome Denise and evienne! Slept well and am finally not beating myself up as much. This monster is really easy to underestimate, so I am seriously thinking about my plan for future challenges. Have folks coming over Friday night, will be a challenge but I am planning for it. Will be leaning on you guys! First weekend around the corner, so let's plan some healthy and fun activities augustians!
Old 08-03-2017, 02:51 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Quick check in at the end of Day 6. Still no time to write up a full post. Will report back tomorrow team.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:24 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Meow

Good morning everyone, and welcome to our latest Team August members! I'm happy to report that the new sheets and the My Pillow led to a good night's sleep. (For those of you not in the US, the My Pillow has a zillion commercials on tv - and I don't even watch tv much lol.)

You probably won't hear much from me over the next five days. I'm going to the mountains and cell service is sketchy there. So I am going to promise in advance to not have anything alcoholic today, tomorrow, Saturday, Sunday or Monday.

I hope you all have a successful weekend. Stay strong, tell that AV to go take a hike, and enjoy your tea/coffee/sparking water!
Old 08-03-2017, 07:17 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Have a great time purplecat .
Old 08-03-2017, 07:21 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teaorcoffee View Post

Thomas, your post made me laugh out loud, that's exactly my approach to clothes shopping.
I ended up with 3 pairs of socks on my clothes shopping expedition
Old 08-03-2017, 07:52 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

It's a start Thomas!

Enjoy PC
Old 08-03-2017, 07:57 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Good morning/evening all! Welcome all newcomers!! The class is growing for sure.

As I mentioned earlier, I ended up dumping the bottle of wine down the drain as soon as I came home. There were even 2 beers left in the back of the fridge that ended up going down the sink as well. It didn't bother me as much as I thought it would... actually felt pretty good.

I slept better last night, but I'm still pretty tired and unmotivated. Hopefully, this doesn't last long. Maybe if I give up the chocolate and get back to the gym a few times a week, it would help.

We have a beer-garden party to attend on Saturday. It's worrying me a little, so I'm making my plan for an early exit if the AV starts screaming.

Hope everyone has a terrific day (or rest of your night)... stay strong!

Day #5
Old 08-03-2017, 08:00 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Morning folks. Day 3 just starting for me. I'm working from home today and already feeling a little squirrelly, but reading your replies and stories is helping.

I hope you have a good one everyone
Old 08-03-2017, 08:02 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Didn't realize there was a class of August. Rookie mistake I suppose.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:08 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard LukeStanley!
Old 08-03-2017, 08:14 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Welcome LS, we've only just started, so you haven't missed much.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:19 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Hi all, well I'm back having been beaten well and truly by the alcohol AGAIN. The last few months have been really bad- blackouts, illness, missed time with my girls etc.

Day one for me so still really weak and anxious- lost two stone in weight but for bad reasons- not eating much when drinking. In contact with two friends who relapsed after a couple of years sober - they took their eye off the ball and thought they could try and control it and like me they lost control. Thankfully their relapses only lasted a matter of days and not months like mine.

Hope to get to know you all here, recognise a few familiar names. Started smoking last November at the age of 36 after being involved with a girl who smoked and offered me one, that was it- hooked, I can't do moderation- in anything. Hope to quit the smoking as well but feel so panicky in early days that I feel I need it to calm me down a bit.....
Old 08-03-2017, 08:32 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Welcome back 1stepup!