Notices

Class of August 2017 Part One

Old 08-02-2017, 05:49 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Meow

Team August. I like that.

Woke up an hour late. Oh well. Still time to get to work if I jump out of bed now. So short and sweet - I promise, Team August, that I will not have an alcoholic beverage today. Please, feel free to join me.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:55 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
I'm on day 16. I never thought it would be possible for me. It's been hard, but very much worth it.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:57 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Just starting Day #4 and I promise that I am not going to drink today. Everybody in? Let's do this!

Still waking up most of the night... seems like I wake up at 2:00 a.m. and toss the rest of the night. Ugh... another sleepy day for me. Hope it goes fast.

PC... So sorry to hear about your hubby. My Hubby and I have been drinking buddies for the last 30+ years. It's just not working for me either. I can't make him quit, but I'll keep hoping that someday he joins me. It helps to know we're in similar situations.

Welcome everyone new!! Team August is growing!!
Old 08-02-2017, 06:58 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hi everyone - I have 1 day and would like to join this class. I'm running late because I had bad insomnia last night from staying sober, but will read and post more later. Best wishes Augustians.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:05 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Good morning! Checking in on day 3 for me. Hit the snooze button too many times, but I know I slept well. Made myself boiled eggs and iced coffee last night so I could have some breakfast this morning. My plan is to always have my own back like that. I want to minimize decision making and hassle.

Going to hit the desk now and prepare for a big and intimidating project. Here's to another productive day!
Old 08-02-2017, 08:09 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

First day sober

Hello, I'd like to join the thread please. x
Old 08-02-2017, 08:42 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

welcome isling x

well i went to hobby craft and couldnt decide on anything blah lol had lovely 2 and half hr sleep though, but i can't rely on doing that and i need to keep going. Tomorrow i promised i would go to the grove where i do some gardening with some others which is from a organisation who deals with people like me and other problems. so hoping to stay for a few hrs if i can.

So still in with PC to stay away from alcohol again today x
Old 08-02-2017, 09:48 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hi all , I am back after a long time off the forum but thought about you all very often . I haven't been completely sober during my absence but I didn,t have huge binges either ,YET ( I was taught to add the word yet when I said I hadn't done this or that a long time ago ) . My problem is that I decided to retire in March this year and sometimes have to much time on my hands even though ive got the garden looking well ( given out crappy weather in Scotland ) . As I said I have managed to keep my drinking to what normal people do but its creeping up and I see something not so nice coming up so I haven,t drank since Saturday which was just a 4 hour spell in the garden with family but as I say I am beginning to get greedy , drinking an extra one in the kitchen when I come in for a top up etc , you know how it progresses ,
I hope people who are struggling manage to cope and thanks Dee for having me back and hope you are well . I am now going to scout for some of the guys/gals who were around when I was more regular here .

Love to all
Old 08-02-2017, 10:11 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Learning to Live

Good morning everyone. Today is day #3 for me. I slept well once I was finally able to fall asleep; around 1 or 2am. I had a lot of dreams, including one where i was drinking a lot. I woke up telling myself "you didn't drink! It was a NIGHTMARE!" lol. I have a headache and still feel tired, but I was able to eat some eggs and a banana for breakfast which is the most I've eaten in 4 days. I actually got up and made my kids breakfast which really helps with the guilt I've been feeling for being bed bound. I am worried about my anxiety because I've always struggled immensely with panic attacks and knowing I don't want to drink to solve them (which in turn makes them worse), brings me the fear they will keep coming, even after fully detoxed. I'll just have to hope for the best. xoxo
Old 08-02-2017, 11:22 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Ha. Drinking dreams are scary! I also get smoking dreams. So real!
Old 08-02-2017, 11:44 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Evening all. Welcome Islingtonite, Thomas, StartingoverNW, (love the 'Augustians'!) Flinders, well done on 16 days! and sorry if I missed anyone.

On the subject of sleep, I am on day 8 and it's MUCH better than days 1-4, in fact it's normal sleep now (for me anyway). It's great to see so much determination in the posts today. I'm so in, NOT drinking this evening, sipping on my tea and counting my blessings.
Old 08-02-2017, 11:49 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Me too, I am in for another night without regret! Who's in Augustians? High fives out to all!
Old 08-02-2017, 12:02 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I'm in.
Went and met people in the beer garden today, had a coke and came back.
All was fine - no pressure, no-one said anything - it was nice and cheaper than it would have been if I'd been drinking.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:07 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Welcome Islingtonite, Thomas, StartingoverNW, Flinders. We are a busy growing group.

Jezzi, hang in there - it will get better - if you suffer from anxiety generally, would it be worth seeing if the doctor could prescribe anything?
Old 08-02-2017, 12:14 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Meow

The process of surfing urges can also be used to help anxious feeling pass. I used to have bad anxiety, but it rarely bothers me any longer as I used CBT to help me with it.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:22 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teaorcoffee View Post
I'm in.
Went and met people in the beer garden today, had a coke and came back.
All was fine - no pressure, no-one said anything - it was nice and cheaper than it would have been if I'd been drinking.
well done for that tea.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:24 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PurpleCat View Post
The process of surfing urges can also be used to help anxious feeling pass. I used to have bad anxiety, but it rarely bothers me any longer as I used CBT to help me with it.
meditation apps like headspace can help too. My anxiety was terrible after drinking and more so recently. One of the many reasons I decided to stop.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:18 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Learning to Live

Originally Posted by teaorcoffee View Post
Welcome Islingtonite, Thomas, StartingoverNW, Flinders. We are a busy growing group.

Jezzi, hang in there - it will get better - if you suffer from anxiety generally, would it be worth seeing if the doctor could prescribe anything?
I used to take a med for it that I still have, I started up on those again. It takes a few weeks to get a benefit though. Addict me quit taking it when I decided drinking was better medicine
Old 08-02-2017, 01:21 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Learning to Live

Originally Posted by lilymaz View Post
meditation apps like headspace can help too. My anxiety was terrible after drinking and more so recently. One of the many reasons I decided to stop.
I'll definitely try that out!
Old 08-02-2017, 01:41 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Night all. Very tired. Fell asleep this afternoon for an hour which isn't like me. Catch up tomorrow. X