Notices

Class of August 2017 Part One

Old 08-01-2017, 08:36 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hey all!

I had a very bad night last night in terms of binge drinking that ended with a hospital visit. It feels weird even typing that as I have always just told myself that I was a "partier" and I didn't have issues. Well last night was my rock bottom. I have no desire to ever put myself or my family through something like that again. I am done with alcohol and I want to join this class! Seems perfect to have August 1st being my first day of sobriety. Nice and easy to remember. Here is to starting my first sober month!
Old 08-01-2017, 08:45 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

This is already a busy thread! Great job to everyone!
Old 08-01-2017, 09:00 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Plenny and MNVikes4life

D
Old 08-01-2017, 09:13 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by MNVikes4life View Post
Hey all!

I had a very bad night last night in terms of binge drinking that ended with a hospital visit. It feels weird even typing that as I have always just told myself that I was a "partier" and I didn't have issues. Well last night was my rock bottom. I have no desire to ever put myself or my family through something like that again. I am done with alcohol and I want to join this class! Seems perfect to have August 1st being my first day of sobriety. Nice and easy to remember. Here is to starting my first sober month!
Sounds scary. I'm glad you are here and ok. Stick with us!

I just remembered a problem the first few days/weeks of not drinking. Insomnia! Gah! Will still feel better with only a few hours sleep than hungover.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:16 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Yeah...i think it might be a long night for me, but I know this will all be worth it in the long run to achieve real happiness. Not the fake happiness we think alcohol provides, It was scary. Too the point where I am actually worried that drinking will end up killing me if I don't stop and I'm still in my 20s...
Old 08-01-2017, 09:24 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you stay quit now MNVikes4life you'll have every reason to expect that you'll live a long and happy life.

I was 40 before I quit.

D
Old 08-01-2017, 09:28 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Yes, I know that if I stick to this like I intend to that I can recovery and be happy again. I'm sure everyone feels like this, but I really wish i could fast forward time and just be 30 days into sobriety already. These next few days are going to be tough. I just need to remember how tough they are so I don't ever put myself through this again
Old 08-01-2017, 10:43 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Learning to Live

Hello, I'm new to SR and hoping I can join this class. My sobriety date started yesterday and having other people going through what I am currently would help me a lot I think.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:51 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

welcome MNV and jezzi nice to meet you!

Good morning everyone! I just popped in to say hi, leaving for work in two minutes. Just wanted to say have a great sober day classmates
Old 08-01-2017, 10:54 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Jezzi

D
Old 08-01-2017, 11:01 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Learning to Live

This is my second time detoxing and I just know it will be my last. I am so angry with alcohol and how its made me feel over the years, how its controlled me. Not anymore! I'm sick of the guilt, constant anxiety and fear of panic attacks, the squeamish stomach every morning, the wondering when and where I'd get my next drink. And now feeling so terrible coming off of it. I want to fast forward to feeling good again.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:27 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Sorry to hear about your husband PC. At least sober you can really be there for him.

Congrats on day 5 kitty

Hi Plenny and Jezzi

Welcome MNV - hope you feel better very soon. That must have been scary. Although the first few days are rough they do pass and you won't have to go through the hospital stuff ever again if you don't pick up. Stay strong and on SR

Off to work soon too - have a great day everyone (or night )
Old 08-01-2017, 11:42 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Morning! 🙋
A big welcome hug to all our new sober friends! Hope everyone has a great day, stay strong, focused and positive!
Jezzi - I know those feelings all to well but I promise you, you stay on track and you will never feel that way again, im 11 days sober and all that anxiety, depression and real bad feelings are now becoming a distant memory. I feel great! Sun is shining, birds are singing, it's 7.30am here and I feel ready to take on the world, 11days ago It felt like the end of the world!
We can do this everyone, life's to short, let's go live it!
Off to work, will check in later!x
Old 08-02-2017, 12:18 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Good morning everybody and welcome to everyone who joined overnight. Seems like August is the time to do this!

Slept better last night, thank you exercise, but am still waking up with a dry mouth and really foggy every morning, but the giving into it on the first few days didn't work, so let's try moving instead.
I have some time off work at the moment, which is partly why I'm doing this now, easy to hide if I need to and just take things a little more slowly.

PC, hope that the support here will help you to support your husband and keep yourself sober at the same time. Keep posting.

Happy to be here, need to fix the plan to have a raft of excuses for why I can't go to the pub, etc. I have agreed to go out tonight, am thinking that I will poke my head in and have a reason why I have to be somewhere else so I get out quick.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:24 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

start of day 3 on my detox x

Great to see so many people and good to see some fellow scots people x

Today im going to hobby craft to see if i can find something to keep me occupied. This time around i am not actually thinking about drink as im refusing to and just getting on with it all.

Good luck on yet another free day from the demon xx speak to u all later x
Old 08-02-2017, 02:01 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hey Erratic - many of us in Scotland on here

teaorcoffee - I am drinking so much water it's crazy. I always drank a lot of water anyway even when drinking but I just can't get enough of the stuff now. It's not as though I feel thirsty but once i start drinking water I just can't get enough of it. I say i feel unwell and won't be going out-it's not a lie-I do feel unwell.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:53 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Good morning team August! Too many posts to respond to individually, so a simple welcome and big virtual hug will have to do!

Keep on moving forward through the tough first days, it will get better and be worth it. When we start to feel better is when we need to lean on each other the most. Checking in when you are out places and need support is key. We got each other's back here!

Make it a great day guys!
Old 08-02-2017, 03:14 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Well, I made it through another evening of cravings and alcohol being at the forefront of my mind and woke up in day 6! I am feeling bright and positive this morning. My husband has a day off today and we are playing on the floor with my little boy, laughing and feeling happy rather than me lying in bed with a thick head and feeling guilty. Today feels like a breakthrough day. I havent woken up wondering if I will get through the day without drinking, or thinking if it gets really bad I will just drink and start again tomorrow, I am actually feeling like, yes, I'm sober now, I'm doing this

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 08-02-2017, 03:23 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

That's great Kitty, glad you had a great day with your family.

Erratic - I'm playing with some craft projects as well, keeps me busy and stops me thinking about drink.

Thanks RAL - helps to know it's not just me.

Finding it hard to get going today, but not feeling any urges.
Old 08-02-2017, 05:41 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Day 5 in the bag. Had a few dramas being sick/lost voice etc. Will report in more detasy tomorrow.
Night team.