Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 10

Old 07-17-2017, 02:42 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Can't say much more than feeling horrible but I'm not drinking.

Also I've been reading everything and I'm thinking of all of you but I do have no energy to reply to anything just now. Sorry.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:29 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Hey Kev, you sound like how I did last week. Maybe it's a normal part of this stage of recovery?? Look after yourself and these feelings will pass. Lots of love xxxx
Old 07-17-2017, 04:39 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Thanks Ananda and Dee for your replies. One of the people who left me out on Saturday is now texting me. I don't know why??? I don't understand people. If you're going to be nasty and leave someone out, fair enough. But don't then start texting to see how the victim of your nastiness is doing. Have people always been like this?? I didn't notice so much when I was drunk. Being sober really highlights the nasty side of human nature. I'm going to keep a low profile and stick with people I know I can trust. And be so darn grateful that I have people in my life that I can trust. Hope everyone is ok xxxxx
Old 07-17-2017, 05:00 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Hi Kenton!

Maybe she's texting you cause she likes you and feels bad for how things went? Could be it wasn't her who wanted to leave you out but she wasn't brave enough to say anything against it to the others.

I don't know any of them or what exactly she said so it's hard to tell.

I feel horrible because I had another fight with my BF on Saturday night and it ended with me trying to jump out of the window after he broke up and treated me really horrible afterwards. He said the next morning that he still wants to be together and that he's sorry for how he treated me but I don't know if I can continue with him. He was being extremely nasty and stating everything I do or say was a lie, that all my tears and what not is just one big act to get my will and he was making fun of me crying and did all of that cause he wanted to 'prove a point'. Can't understand why he's so horrible
Old 07-17-2017, 05:30 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kev

in all honesty (and as, I hope, words from a friend worried about you)...if a relationship is leading you to a point where you try to jump out a window, it doesn't sound like a situation in your best interests.

maybe it's time to move on?
Old 07-17-2017, 05:39 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Hi Kev

Sometimes it doesn't matter if it's me or if it is the other person .... maybe it is even just the combonation. which eve it is ... sometimes it is called a toxic relationship.

I also feel as Dee does. I know all the things I can tell myself about why I should stay when I need to go ... it just makes it worse.

It doesn't have to be someone's fault or someone's failure for a relationship to end. It can just end.

I'll be thinking of you today, and hope that you will check in as you can. I'm glad you are reading even if you don't post. Sometimes I'm a lurker too

Old 07-17-2017, 06:12 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Oh my word Kev!!! You tried to jump out of a window?? That's not good Kev, you could have really hurt yourself or worse. How high was this window? When it gets to the point when you are risking your own safety, something has to change. But I know you already know that. You are working so hard on your sobriety Kev, you are so incredibly strong. If it's time to move on, you will be absolutely fine Kev. Better than fine, you'll be giving yourself the best possible chance of finding true and lasting happiness xxx
Old 07-17-2017, 10:25 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Went to see my Psychiatrist for a med check today.

She asked me if I was having any hallucinations, and I said yeahhhh....

And described it:

attack of the kiler potato.gif

She prescribed another medication....

(Just kidding you guys)
Old 07-17-2017, 11:10 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

It won't let me open your killer potato attachment Ananda! Might be because I'm on the phone. Hope you are having a good day. My 2 youngest kids are digging in the garden looking for treasure and they just found a beautiful, ornate, old fashioned key. I wonder what it opens?? This find has hugely encouraged them and now they're really digging and one of them just said "we'll dig right through to Australia by bedtime at this rate!" Steely, Dee, Poppy, Phoenix ... If 2 little kids covered in mud pop up in your gardens, tell them to get home, it's time for bath and bed!! Xxx
Old 07-17-2017, 11:11 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Aahhhh!!! Just managed to open the killer potato attachment. That's terrifying!!! Poor Big Ben doesn't stand a chance xx
Old 07-17-2017, 01:13 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Are there people you can pay to do makeup like this?

I want to get this done if I ever get to do something special!

Floral-Eye-Makeup.jpg
Old 07-17-2017, 01:48 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Kev, this dude doesn't sound like a right fit for you. To be honest, I never thought he was, based on your past posts.
How you are staying sober while going through this mess of a relationship is amazing. I certainly couldn't.
I hope the above (and below) isn't too harsh and I write it with much love and concern.
But you deserve better. Much better. And when you start to believe that, you will remove yourself from this toxic relationship. I promise you will be MUCH happier after you get over the hurdle of the 'breakup'. Even breakups that need to happen suck big time.
Kenton, I just saw your munchkins in my backyard I've told them to toddle off back home.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:52 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Blimey, I have to jump through hoops to open your attachments Ananda. First I press on the attachment, then it tells me to log in so I do. Then it kicks me out and tells me log in again so I do. Then I have to post something and then I can see the attachment!! I'm going to post this so I can see floral eyes .....
Old 07-17-2017, 02:58 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

It must be an American attachment thing. ... I think Europe and Australia are trying to keep American communications from infiltrating their culture!
Old 07-17-2017, 03:10 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Dammit! Still not letting me see the attachment. Kev, how you doing? And how are things with you Poppy and Ananda? I'm having a great evening. Hubby's out playing sports which means I get to watch stuff I love and he hates on tv which tonight is the Real Housewives of New York. These ladies can argue!! Never really watched this before and it's fascinating. I think this will become my new Monday night addiction. Lot more healthy than drinking wine in secret. Got to go. Two of the "housewives" are shouting at each other. Again. They were telling each other how beautiful they both looked and how much they loved each other a moment ago. I can't keep up xxxx
Old 07-17-2017, 04:19 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

I use to watch all of the housewives shows, NYC, Orange County, Atlanta, New Jersey, Potomac, Melbourne, Sydney LOL. There were more but I can't remember them haha. Cattiness is a word that described them all down to a tea. Quite amusing to watch. These days I'm obsessed with true crime.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:03 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

True Crime is a staple in our house.

It freaks K out
Old 07-17-2017, 07:32 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

My other half thinks I'm morbid haha. I find it fascinating, serial killers and how their minds work (or don't work) lol.
I do find myself looking over my shoulder on my morning jogs though. Can't wait for summer and daylight in the early morning. Jogging in the dark is a wee bit scary and I don't help the cause by watching shows about kidnapping and murder victims who vanish doing daily tasks.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:16 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Computer screwed. Sober. Be back.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:34 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you get it fixed soon Steely

D