Notices

Class of May 2017 Support Thread Part Two

Old 05-26-2017, 10:37 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
love is the answer

I'm glad to be back Dee.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:08 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Pretty damn'ed near caved yesterday. The AV was pounding on me. It's Friday, I'm working late, then get home, snap at the wife and she flips. WTF

I'm ok tho. Didn't drink. I think I'm on Day 10.

I have dual commitments today, can't do both. One is an activity with some old friends and my son, the other in the business. I decided since my son is graduating HS next week, he moves on, that spending time with him is more important. Business is just business. I can make it up (maybe). I think what would I regret more, missing this time with John or going on these estimates. the event is a charity workout in memory of two Medal of Honor recipients.

https://www.facebook.com/events/4406...A%22null%22%7D

All of the entry fees go to support the Midwest Shelter for Homeless Vets in the town next to me.

https://www.facebook.com/MidwestShelter/?fref=mentions

As ****** as things are these days financially if I don't spend time with John now, we can't get that back.

I hope you all have a dry/clean day and safe start to the US holiday.

jk
Old 05-27-2017, 06:09 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hiker4life View Post
going on 19 days without using. This weekend will definitely be a challenge for me because i know that there will be some temptation. I need to be strong ���� wish me luck!
Good Luck!!!
Old 05-27-2017, 06:32 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Hello everyone!
Just checking in to wish you all a safe and sober holiday! I am on day 27, and no urge to drink. I am grateful for SR, and my sobriety.

Cheers to a sober weekend!
Old 05-27-2017, 07:39 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

My first post. I have tried to temporarily quit a few times now, but after years of daily drinking I've realized it might be time to do this for real. I'm on day 6. I feel pretty good about it actually. I had 99% decided to have a drink Wed night during a very high anxiety period at work, but somehow managed to avoid it.

Like I said, I'm feeling pretty solid today. But, that's where I usually let my guard down an cave. So, I wanted to post here for some group support.

Thanks.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:28 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Welcome aagj
Old 05-27-2017, 02:34 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Welcome AAGJ!

Hope everyone is doing well. This place gets so quiet on the weekends

Fighting the urge to (food) binge so badly right now. Same AV, same damn voice and tempetation but I am trying really hard not to give in. I am playing the tape through just like I do with alcohol since the withdrawal, hangover and mental anguish will be the same as drinking if I give in. The guilt will feel the same too.

Chugging water like crazy. I've eaten tons so I'm not physically hungry - not sure where this is coming from.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:12 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Day one and would like to join class of may. Reading you all get through one day at a time is helping me today. Today is minute by minute for me. A practice of distraction. I want this. And I know the only one way out is through. Looking for ward to checking in for support and hopefully I can provide some support to. Hope you all have a good (and sober) night
Old 05-27-2017, 05:08 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can do this SFL - you too The Claw - keep posting - you're not alone

welcome aa and wilde8673

D
Old 05-27-2017, 05:27 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Hello everyone.

Today is my day 1. I have had no temptation to drink or smoke today (quit cigs also). Bad feelings are still present.

Spent all day laying on my bed watching Netflix. One movie about alcohol/drug addiction. The other about loss of love. Figured now is the time to let these films soak in. Today was an easy day compared to the train wreck i was last night.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:35 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
Welcome to everyone new Glad you are here.

I drank last night. I don't know, I had a good day but thoughts of drinking started in the early afternoon and I know my downfall is I need to find things to do besides drinking. I really hope it is sunny tomorrow, I need something to lift my spirits. My brother and sister in law are home so I don't have to watch their cats anymore. One of them hates me, he will growl and hiss at me if I so much as look at him. It's kind of funny, I like cats with attitudes.

I hope everyone is having a happy & sober weekend.
Old 05-28-2017, 03:01 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by emme99 View Post
Hi everyone,
Welcome to everyone new Glad you are here.

I drank last night. I don't know, I had a good day but thoughts of drinking started in the early afternoon and I know my downfall is I need to find things to do besides drinking. I really hope it is sunny tomorrow, I need something to lift my spirits. My brother and sister in law are home so I don't have to watch their cats anymore. One of them hates me, he will growl and hiss at me if I so much as look at him. It's kind of funny, I like cats with attitudes.

I hope everyone is having a happy & sober weekend.
Oh Emme, I'm sorry to hear that. Perhaps next weekend you can plan things to do so that you are not tempted again?
Glad you came right back here- make today a beautiful, sober day- you deserve it!

I would not like a cat who hisses at me! You are braver than I am...
Old 05-28-2017, 03:07 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
You can do this SFL - you too The Claw - keep posting - you're not alone

welcome aa and wilde8673

D
I gave in. It wasn't a terrible binge but it was mindless eating regardless of the amount. Saturday night is obviously a trigger for me since hubby works and the kids watch movies and snack at night. I might try a sit down dinner next week instead OR a protein shake- I think when I haven't had enough protein my carb cravings increase.

At least I am sober. For that I am very grateful. One of my best friends from Greece is here in the States now- he's drinking a bottle of vodka a day. He lost his wife, his business and kids because of his addiction. We texted last night- he is going to get help and for that I am also grateful.

I hate this disease.
I hate that it has the power to take our soul from us.
I hate the things is allowed me to do over the years- the situations I put myself in, the drugs it led me to, the promiscuity, the stupid mistakes, the stumbling and passing out, the constant black outs, the mystery bruises, the food binges the next morning, the anxiety, the hangovers, the emotional and physical pain.

I am relieved to know I will never EVER have to feel that way again or be that person again.

Who's with me on that? What did drinking do to you that you will never allow it to do again?
Old 05-28-2017, 03:14 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

One decision away.jpg
Old 05-28-2017, 03:40 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Attachment 32014

Last edited by BatholithBabe; 06-11-2017 at 06:04 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 03:47 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

The last straw came for me when I completely forgot I spoke with a customer of my part-time business and I can't recall one second of the conversation. It was so embarrassing!!! Black outs are bad!!!! I am so glad I have let go. It is so freeing, I sometimes feel like I am dissolving into happy little bits of sparkle shining on the inside and the outside!. Crazy, I know, but the best ones are, darling.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:49 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BatholithBabe View Post
The last straw came for me when I completely forgot I spoke with a customer of my part-time business and I can't recall one second of the conversation. It was so embarrassing!!! Black outs are bad!!!! I am so glad I have let go. It is so freeing, I sometimes feel like I am dissolving into happy little bits of sparkle shining on the inside and the outside!. Crazy, I know, but the best ones are, darling.
Ugh- lost phone conversations are the worst- I still to this day do not know how my brother proposed to his wife because I was black out drunk when he told me over the phone- sad.

Glad you have let go too- and I get what you mean about dissolving- it's like peeling back the pieces of emptiness to let the true you shine through- it's amazing!
Old 05-28-2017, 07:45 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

I got really close last night. But since we were having a rare dinner with all four of us together I held off. Then I just stuffed myself and crashed. Played some meditation tapes. Got through the night.

Another big trigger, Sunday afternoons. Need to come up with something to distract myself from the usual.

jk
Old 05-28-2017, 09:18 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunflowerlife View Post
ugh- lost phone conversations are the worst- i still to this day do not know how my brother proposed to his wife because i was black out drunk when he told me over the phone- sad.

Glad you have let go too- and i get what you mean about dissolving- it's like peeling back the pieces of emptiness to let the true you shine through- it's amazing!
exactly!
Old 05-28-2017, 09:23 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheClaw View Post
I got really close last night. But since we were having a rare dinner with all four of us together I held off. Then I just stuffed myself and crashed. Played some meditation tapes. Got through the night.

Another big trigger, Sunday afternoons. Need to come up with something to distract myself from the usual.

jk

Oh gosh, Sunday afternoon and here I am Day 6 and I almost caved an hour ago as my friend cancelled at the last moment to go see a movie and I was coming home from church and had to stop and get hubby two tall cans of beer. I thought, this would be perfect, my bottle of wine, and I can relax with him in the garage just like old times. Wouldn't hurt, I've done five days, but before I stepped out of the car I made up my mind, the AV would not take over. The new voice is getting stronger and I thought about how great I will feel tomorrow morning upon waking and that changes are happening for the good now. I even had the stirring of revulsion for putting alcohol in my body. Yeah, me!!! I won this one and I know the more I knock down, the easier it becomes, just like quitting smoking. Hang in there, TheClaw, hang in there!!!