Notices

Class of May 2017 Support Thread Part Two

Old 05-25-2017, 12:34 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Originally Posted by Sober81 View Post
NOoo! 9hrs into Day 9 and I've come down with a cold!
You poor thing. You beat me by ten days. I went down with my cold on day 19 and it really tests your resolve. It took me a day to even realise what was happening. I shouldn't be going to exercise this morning but I depend on it so much.

Take good care of yourself and I hope it clears up soon. Moan about it here and get some sympathy x
Old 05-25-2017, 02:38 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Still feeling crummy but here...
I hoe you all have a great Thursday.

I'm rushing out to work...I will try to check in later or tomorrow
Xo
Old 05-25-2017, 03:32 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Day 9 starting here.

I don't know why but talking to my counselor, going to SMART are big triggers for me. To top it off, we had a big setback in selling our house. Nonetheless I managed to stay AF. I'm beginning to feel the headaches are now more stress related than withdrawls.

So much crap going on it's almost comical. The only way I can keep my act poop together is by staying away from booze but part of me feels thats the only way to cope. Inside I know its not.

Talked a lot about emotions vs thinking with my counselor and in SMART. I need to keep my issues on the thinking side, slip into the emotional side and it's trouble.

Hope you all have a great day, hang in there, do what's good for you.

jk
Old 05-25-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Administrator

Being uncomfortable was a big trigger for me and I expect SMART meetings and counselling aren't that comfortable TC?

I hope you'll stick with it tho - it's the way through

D
Old 05-25-2017, 04:08 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Keep Going

I have PMS on top of the cold now. I'm picking up resentments left, right and centre. I'm mean. I really don't like anger because it shifts my focus from recovery. I'm tempted not to go to my lunchtime meeting and I already decided not to go tonight. Hoping someone can get some sense into my thick skull.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:03 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weev1l View Post
I have PMS on top of the cold now. I'm picking up resentments left, right and centre. I'm mean. I really don't like anger because it shifts my focus from recovery. I'm tempted not to go to my lunchtime meeting and I already decided not to go tonight. Hoping someone can get some sense into my thick skull.
Ugh, PMS is the worst! You will feel better in a few days from the cold and the hormones- just hang in there and do your best! Why not go to 1 out of the 2 meetings? Maybe go at lunch but take it easy this evening?
Hope you feel better!
Old 05-25-2017, 07:33 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Slept like a baby!! Heading to a 20 min work out. Son was a award the most valuable player at JV volleyball yesterday.😊😊😊 Mom's genes😁.
Have an awesome day y'all!
Old 05-25-2017, 07:54 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Present!

Hi everyone,

I just arrived in class. Day 3! I'm doin' this!
Old 05-25-2017, 07:55 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Ugh, PMS is the worst! You will feel better in a few days from the cold and the hormones- just hang in there and do your best! Why not go to 1 out of the 2 meetings? Maybe go at lunch but take it easy this evening?
Hope you feel better!
Sunny you always make me feel better xx I shared at the meeting about how frightened I am about this anger and some old-timer said, Resentments are like piles. They only hurt the person who's got them.
(Apologies this is a bit bad taste) but the meeting turned into a funny, upbeat, healing, laughy hour. I'm happy and I hope you are too!
It's also glorious sun all across Britain, even Scotland. Everyone else is also happy. Lots of ice cream being eaten.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:56 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Originally Posted by healthme View Post
Slept like a baby!! Heading to a 20 min work out. Son was a award the most valuable player at JV volleyball yesterday.😊😊😊 Mom's genes😁.
Thats a pretty awesome award, Proud Mom x
Old 05-25-2017, 08:43 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Tomorrow is my first big test. It's Friday, it's due to be warm outside and it's payday. I'll be in town doing my food shop.

In the old days, I used to go for a pint or two before I started. Obviously that is now a big no no.

I've promised myself a coffee.

The people in the pubs aren't my friends, they are just people who sell alcohol.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:18 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Day 5

I don't know if it's this warm weather we're having in the UK (not accustomed to it) or if I'm still suffering with withdrawals but I've got an awful headache, dizziness, aches in my body and nausea.

I'm well hydrated and have eaten. I'm currently not feeling hot although I'm not feeling too well at all.

I didn't sleep very well last night so I'm guessing this is part of it.

Absolutely no danger of me drinking. I feel awful.....

Hoping tomorrow is a better day and that my bed brings me restful sleep in a few hours.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:10 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weev1l View Post
Sunny you always make me feel better xx I shared at the meeting about how frightened I am about this anger and some old-timer said, Resentments are like piles. They only hurt the person who's got them.
(Apologies this is a bit bad taste) but the meeting turned into a funny, upbeat, healing, laughy hour. I'm happy and I hope you are too!
It's also glorious sun all across Britain, even Scotland. Everyone else is also happy. Lots of ice cream being eaten.
Awesome Weev, and I like that analogy. It's like this one which I've heard often: "Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die." So True

I'm so glad you had a great meeting and that you are happy!
I'm having a decent day over here as well, the sun finally came out!
Old 05-25-2017, 01:20 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Doing okay over here- another playdate this morning and some more errands in the afternoon. Now I'm just waiting for the little maniac to wake up from his nap.

I have been thinking so much about my sobriety and the fact that I am going to need some outside help in order to get better. I am still really, really angry that I am an acoholic. It doesn't run in my family, my parents never suffered from addiction and neither did their parents or siblings. My siblings are "normal" drinkers so WHY ME? I know the why may be irrelevant- I just wonder why I chose this life struggle. I had a reading done a while back with a guy who channels the spirit world and he said I will definitely end the cycle in this lifetime (apparently I've been an addict for many.) He said I never actually found it satisfying to begin with. I think he's right about that. I mean it was fun when I was younger but never truly satisfying. Just like the binge eating isn't satisfying either, otherwise I wouldn't keep wanting more.

Anyway- I want to share something that alcohol did to me that caused me pain. I feel like if I give myself a daily reminder of the mess it created in my life, I will never ever be tempted to give it another chance. Drinking robbed me of my innocence and integrity. I would probably say that I wouldn't have had sex with 3/4 of the men I slept with if I hadn't have been a drunk. That's both sad and embarrassing but I need to be able to say it out loud. I probably wouldn't have been in half of the relationships I have been in if it wasn't for alcohol. I choose toxic people with drinking problems- I chose drinking buddies. I chose people I could get drunk with. I often wonder how different my life would have been- who I would have chosen had I been a sober person or a normal drinker. I guess I'll never know.

Anyway, I hope you guys don't mind me sharing these negative things. I just need to get them out there so I can start healing.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:22 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mystified View Post
Day 5

I don't know if it's this warm weather we're having in the UK (not accustomed to it) or if I'm still suffering with withdrawals but I've got an awful headache, dizziness, aches in my body and nausea.

I'm well hydrated and have eaten. I'm currently not feeling hot although I'm not feeling too well at all.

I didn't sleep very well last night so I'm guessing this is part of it.

Absolutely no danger of me drinking. I feel awful.....

Hoping tomorrow is a better day and that my bed brings me restful sleep in a few hours.
I'm sorry to hear that Mystified- I don't know much about withdrawal but do you feel you may need to see your doctor? Just want you to be safe.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:24 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tynesider22 View Post
Tomorrow is my first big test. It's Friday, it's due to be warm outside and it's payday. I'll be in town doing my food shop.

In the old days, I used to go for a pint or two before I started. Obviously that is now a big no no.

I've promised myself a coffee.

The people in the pubs aren't my friends, they are just people who sell alcohol.
Good luck tomorrow and stick to your plan! Maybe you can have a coffee and a small snack so you aren't hungry as well since your body is used to filling up on liquids at that time.

Yeah, people at pubs love us drunks but they don't truly care about our well being. Sad, but true.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:25 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by healthme View Post
Congrats to your son! I bet you are very proud
Old 05-25-2017, 06:35 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Today is day 7 for me. It's also a week since I joined SR but since I'd already drank that day I couldn't call it day 1.

Can't thank this place enough for being here.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:52 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
Finishing day 9. I had a pretty good day today, no real cravings which is good. I was busy all day, which I think helped.

I hope those that aren't feeling well feel better soon.

Happy Friday everyone
Old 05-25-2017, 09:38 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome BatholithBabe

Hope everyone has a good weekend ahead

D