Notices

Class of May 2017 Support Thread Part Two

Old 05-23-2017, 02:12 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Welcome ee1979...

This is a great support system. Available 24/7 and no judgement.

I'm feeling crappy but will keep posting here. I have so much to keep me busy after work that I put off because of drinking.. This is a horrible cycle.

I will check in later . I have a busy day with an important meeting this morning.
I'm determined to do this.
Thanks for listening...

Happy sober Tuesday everyone xo
Old 05-23-2017, 02:59 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Day 18. Thanks for that lovehoops.
I feel like I'm hungover today. Headache, sweating, shaking so much I couldn't get the fork to my mouth, scrambled eggs everywhere in cafe. I even have pain in my liver.
I'm seeing doc later by coincidence. Might have to come clean. I seem to have hurt my beautiful, long-suffering body more than I thought. Also, mentally I seem to be staggering around in a heavy fog.
Don't know what to feel. Sorry not so upbeat.
Does this mini withdrawal happen to some people?
Old 05-23-2017, 04:03 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weev1l View Post
Day 18. Thanks for that lovehoops.
I feel like I'm hungover today. Headache, sweating, shaking so much I couldn't get the fork to my mouth, scrambled eggs everywhere in cafe. I even have pain in my liver.
I'm seeing doc later by coincidence. Might have to come clean. I seem to have hurt my beautiful, long-suffering body more than I thought. Also, mentally I seem to be staggering around in a heavy fog.
Don't know what to feel. Sorry not so upbeat.
Does this mini withdrawal happen to some people?
That does not sound good Weev - I am glad you are seeing your doctor. Could it be a cold? I had something similar earlier this year- sweating and shaking with stomach pain.
I hope you get it figured out, please let us know.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Not in a good place. I don't want to be a "Negative Nelly" here. I already vented on the Newcomer's board if you want to read it.

Just a rough night, more fighting with my husband and then my son was out of control last night. Bedtime was a nightmare. I just want us to be a happy, calm family and I feel like we are a walking mood disorder. It started with me yesterday- I was out of control with my emotions, then my son started the same and at the end of the night my husband was yelling his head off. I feel like if we can't handle our emotions as adults, how do we expect our children to?

I need some outside support but don't know what kind. Insurance kicks in June 1st.

21 days ago today I woke up hungover and hating myself and drank all day to stop the feeling. I will never drink again, I will never feel like that again and I will never change my mind.

Grateful for my sobriety. Just want everything else to fall into place.

Hope you are all well.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:09 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovehoops View Post
I am here again after a bad weekend . Starting day 1 again. I won't get into details but I am determined to stay with this group.

My family will all be home this weekend and I can't sneak drinks with everyone here! I want to stop drinking.

Welcome Elian...maybe like you, I will choose AA meetings wisely this time?

Sunflower, I'm glad you're making new friends in your neighborhood,

Thanks everyone
You can do this LoveHoops. Keep trying. Next time your AV kicks in can you post here or in the main group or chat room? Do you wan to stop once you hear that voice? Or have you already decided you are going to drink once it starts haunting you?

You deserve happiness. You deserve sobriety, health, freedom. Isn't it time to give all those things to yourself?

Glad you keep coming back, that is a huge step
Old 05-23-2017, 05:18 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovehoops View Post
Welcome ee1979...

This is a great support system. Available 24/7 and no judgement.

I'm feeling crappy but will keep posting here. I have so much to keep me busy after work that I put off because of drinking.. This is a horrible cycle.

I will check in later . I have a busy day with an important meeting this morning.
I'm determined to do this.
Thanks for listening...

Happy sober Tuesday everyone xo
Thanks for that.. have a good day.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:39 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Thanks for the shoutout ee, we've and sunflower...

Unfortunately, I know what sobriety is like and how good it feels and how good life can be. I'm good at seeing it in other people and encouraging them yet I can't fight fr it myself .

Sunflower...things WILL get better..when I had a few years of sobriety my life sucked. My husbands business was a mess, my father was dying and I had 2 teenagers which is a total nightmare. I didn't drink thru all of that and I didn't even think of it. Yet, here I am today struggling?

This disease is awful...stick with it..your family si worth it. I know AA says you can't get sober for your family or anyone else BUT I DID and it worked. Unfortunately, it didn't stick but I'm still trying.

Life sux and being a parent is really hard!! BUT a drunk parent is worse. I think my kids have forgiven me but they remember my drinking and that hurts badly...

Take today as it is and be sober..your kids deserve it and you deserve it...
Old 05-23-2017, 05:07 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Day 5.

Got a couple of challenges coming up in July. A Stag Do and a Wedding.

Plenty of time to prepare and a couple of friends know what I'm doing, but any advice would be appreciated.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:51 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

In all honesty I'd avoid the stag do. They're all about one thing, really..

As for the wedding if you think you might be tempted you can always go to the ceremony and skip the reception.

I know the usual reaction is 'I can't miss these things'...but I did.

I was at the point where nothing was more important than my recovery, and I'm glad I missed them because I might not be here today if I hadn't.

We all have to make our choices tho...

if you decide to go? if nothing else have an escape plan.
There are some other good ideas here.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...val-guide.html

D
Old 05-23-2017, 06:46 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I would like to join as well

Originally Posted by herculana View Post
Hey All! I joined this site yesterday, but didnt know about the class. I am at Day 2. And I just wanted to make sure to put myself here in the may class!
Happy Sobriety Everyone <3
Today -May 23rd- I am two days sober.
This is Karen22 😋
Old 05-23-2017, 07:50 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I'm the guy formerly known as FixItDad. That screen name never felt right. Couldn't tell if I was supposed to fix something or fix myself. I didn't display my usual screen name because you never know who you run into online these days but I'm known as "TheClaw" on a number of other boards, my email, hobbiest type forums etc. So I'm kind of coming out so to speak. I hope it's not confusing anyone.

There's a story behind the name but I'll save that for another day.

Finishing up Day 7. I've had a headache on and off since forever. Work/Life/Biz stress unchanged. Anxiety/depression rearing it's head. AV was just SCREAMING at me the other day. Felt like telling my shrink to Foff and just have a drink, but I'm still sober. Made up some alcohol calories with cake this evening.

Sorry I've been off the grid for a day or two.

jk
Old 05-23-2017, 07:55 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Not in a good place. I don't want to be a "Negative Nelly" here. I already vented on the Newcomer's board if you want to read it.

Just a rough night, more fighting with my husband and then my son was out of control last night. Bedtime was a nightmare. I just want us to be a happy, calm family and I feel like we are a walking mood disorder. It started with me yesterday- I was out of control with my emotions, then my son started the same and at the end of the night my husband was yelling his head off. I feel like if we can't handle our emotions as adults, how do we expect our children to?

I need some outside support but don't know what kind. Insurance kicks in June 1st.

21 days ago today I woke up hungover and hating myself and drank all day to stop the feeling. I will never drink again, I will never feel like that again and I will never change my mind.

Grateful for my sobriety. Just want everything else to fall into place.

Hope you are all well.
No worries Sunflower, I think you deserve a little venting. You've been so encouraging I think you get a hall pass. Besides, this is a lot like group. If you can't open up, good days and bad days , it's not going to work for you.

jk
Old 05-23-2017, 08:01 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

It reminds me of Get Smart, The Claw, which is no bad thing - even if it is a little non PC these days

D
Old 05-23-2017, 08:44 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Welcome Karen

Day 7
The last couple of days were pretty good but I had a pretty strong craving today. I kept thinking of how much I don't want to go back to where I was a week ago. I got a couple of iced teas on the way home, and a lemonade. I'm trying not to drink my calories but I needed something tart. Anyway, the craving is gone and I am glad I am sober.

I'm going to finish scooping the litter boxes, wash my face and then go to bed and listen to some of my audio book, and hopefully sleep good so I am not so tired tomorrow.

I hope everyone is well
Happy Wednesday
Old 05-23-2017, 09:09 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Mid way through Day 8 & feeling fresh as. No anxiety and no desire to drink. Woot
Old 05-24-2017, 12:34 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Struggling to stay recovery focussed today. I'm not well - I was sick sober. I'm feeling lonely and unloved and tearful and a bit what's the point? I never get ill. Demoralized. Angry too because why won't this effing nightmare end. It's like doing an endurance race dressed in a potato costume. Sorry all you lovely people. I guess I'm just not there yet. Not all there full stop.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:10 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

You may not feel like it but illness passes Weev - you've got this - take care of yourself and take it easy until you're well again

D
Old 05-24-2017, 03:12 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
You may not feel like it but illness passes Weev - you've got this - take care of yourself and take it easy until you're well again

D
I like it's the end of the day there, and winter.
My sponsor caught me before I pressed the F it button. Anger seems to be directly related to the drink. I'll have to watch that one. I could almost feel it running thru my veins. She's a bleedin saint for listening to the whining this morning! I have to stop certain old behaviours but you have to do that when there's nothing else to turn to, and that's frightening.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:18 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think being sick kinda brings to mind a certain frustration, even anger, cos if you were like me you always drank through illness to feel better.

Not only do you feel poorly and POed about that but you're also annoyed that you can't do the thing you used to do for years.

It's a whole other skill to try and be patient and just let the illness take its course, but you'll learn it, like I did

I hope it won;t be more than a couple of days for you Weev
Old 05-24-2017, 03:43 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
It reminds me of Get Smart, The Claw, which is no bad thing - even if it is a little non PC these days

D
I'm old enough to remember Get Smart. How is "TheClaw" non-PC?