Notices

F.I.S.T. #3 (Insert Non-Acronymical Nonsense Expression)

Old 05-25-2017, 07:28 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
p***enger

I believe you have, tom. Do you also have the Knowledge of the Beard? (I'm trying to channel PJ but not doing a good job :/)
Old 05-25-2017, 07:35 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Secret men's beard knowledge. Books have been written about it. Films have been made on it. None of them have been seen- ever. They do not exist.
Interesting how serious (why so serious??) some take this stuff- there are web places- for beard manners, beard charts, motivational posters of strong- resilient men (with beards). For me- it is just me- always had one, always will. The way of the beard is a means of coping with life crap- with crappy humour. If you have read this far- you have fallen unto my beardedness.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:18 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

I pluck my beard. And moustache.

I find it satisfying.

I cleaned my house in 3 hours yesterday better than I have in weeks.
I had to arrange a home visit by an unbiased 3rd party to have signed and notarized to give to my lawyer. I had it arranged yesterday so little time to prepare. Not that my house is generally that messy- just trying to put my best foot forward. Pastor came, he is someone I have met through addiction ministries (is the best way I can put it) I was so grateful.

Some things seem to be.. .just falling into place. I am trying so hard to just let go of controlling the process and stressing over the outcome.

I am just scared.. which bleeds itself out of me in anger and resentment.
Let it go, Dee, let it go.

I am really ok. Sober and not at risk of changing that. NO MATTER WHAT the outcome of things are... I will not drink. I look back and see things fall into place for me, if I keep faith. Things don't always go my way but in the long run, if I keep on the right track, things will happen as they will.

I think things are going better with my problem child. Some days it's hard to see when I am trying to keep my own stress separate from dealing with the kids. I don't know if I am finding them all so willful, whiny and disobedient because I am so irritable. I really don't think it's just me. But. It's frustrating nonetheless because suddenly it seems like all of them.

And I don't know what happened, but one of my boys has gone. His mother came and took her boys out of school and back to the province where they live.
None of my business, how it all happened. Does strike up some concern.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:47 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Caring for even well-behaved kids is crazytown, Del. I'm glad the biggest monster seems to be improving ever so slightly.

It sounds overall like things are progressing well toward a good future. I'm so glad that you're determined to be at peace at every juncture.

If you were overwhelmed and panic-stricken the last two days, you're certainly not showing it today! Way to step up to your challenges!
Old 05-25-2017, 11:01 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Hi All,

DZ, GG said it so well, "way to step up to your challenges." In my simplistic view - I do try to keep it simple, you are doing the next right thing.

I find myself asking what is the next right thing to do often. It helps to reduce my stress about a decision. Also, like you said, DZ - no matter the outcome. Bravo to you!

In other news...I'm starting to stress about my trip north to sell my stuff, visit my girls and granddaughter and maybe even sell my house. Not a big stresser yet, its just that my life is so patterned and easy here now and I know my time up there will be hectic and busy.

We chose not to play rummikub last night. I have a good friend that owns a bar/restaurant in Tampa that has been bugging me for ages to attend trivia night, so the 3 of us, Team "Matt's Jersey Girls", went to test our recall skills. About 20 teams, lots with matching t-shirts, went at each other. It was a lot of fun and we finished like 8th. Young JG's summer job is at a lab in The Netherlands and we may remote link her some way if we play again.

Young JG leaves in a couple days, so we may not have a chance to play rummikub this time around. Not sure if I would have gotten my butt kicked, but it's likely. One bio-chemist and the other earning her PhD in the same field puts me at an intellectual disadvantage for a strategic game - haha, however, I do have some plans on how to level things when we do play.

Off to cook, relax, bodycombat then a big hockey game....no time or energy to do anything that would ruin the rest of my life. Join me.

SR Carlos
Old 05-25-2017, 11:09 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

I walked today. Not a marathon, but about 3/4 mile.

That's better than yesterday.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:46 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
p***enger

Rummikub bukimmur same backwards and forwards to me. I can read upside down and write upside down pretty well. And pronounce things backwards. How's the draeb, tom & pj?

Del, it's not a beard if you pluck it. Sometimes I wonder, if I were in a coma, would a nurse pluck my facial hair? Probably not. Shudder.

I taught my last class tonight for this term. For the given value of 'taught.' We chatted about the conceptual penis (look it up), romphims and mankinis, and the cost and labor of various kinds of braids for black person hair. Then there was something-or-other academic. I'm much sillier now than when I was drinking.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:32 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

^^^^
Old 05-26-2017, 03:47 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

I say, WAY TO GO, Peter and Jamie!

"RompHim"--good luck with that...
Old 05-26-2017, 06:00 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I walked today. Not a marathon, but about 3/4 mile. That's better than yesterday.

Good stuff. In no time you will be doing 5 miles.

Off to my Friday morning Happy Hour - well, bodypump.

Looks like a beautiful weekend on the SunCoast. Pop me that PM if you are nearby.

I started a Golf Tourney with my college buddies in 1990 on the Friday and Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. Today it is still going strong. Twenty four from all over US are about to tee off up north soon. I seem to miss more than go lately, but, it's nice that the tradition carries on.

Haaa, reading upside down is a required skill in sales.

So grateful knowing that I never have to feel that old way again - ODAAT.

Enjoy....

SR Carlos
Old 05-26-2017, 06:07 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

And is a "mankini" the thing Borat wore?

OH, LORD, NO!!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2017, 06:48 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

yes, sweet innocent Gilly. 'Very nice-a'.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:34 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Let me borrow from Ann of the Whiners' thread:

Old 05-26-2017, 08:03 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Gills- your pic? was blocked. BUT my beard is fine. Had a lovely time deconstructing my psychologist's new beard 9as usual). Bushranger with the short hair. Jet lack beard- underneath grey and greying on top. He is about 40. HA! Mine started the journey of the grey beard after burns. Thank god that wax left in it's bearded magnificence (?????). Long day- psychologist- 4 hours return with trams/walking. Then meeting- a bit weird today. Then TV/Microwave shopping, then counselling, then linking new smart phone to internet. Next unit- no TV. MW. WIFI. I now an addicted to SR. Keeps me sane. Only sleep about 3 hours a night. And being in a recovery place- in the middle of the city, like now- there is someone very close by screaming with that drugged out aggressive voice (escalating).
HUMOUR IS MY BAROMETER OF MY SANITY....
Old 05-26-2017, 08:15 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
p***enger

PJ, I've wondered myself that your beard survived the burns. Either the beard has the supernatural strength, or it was a divine intervention. Whichever, I'm grateful you have the beard, because it gives this thread so much joy.

There's nothing wrong w/being hooked on SR, as long as you're not trolling people or getting weird in PMs, -- as long as it has a recovery focus. It sounds like you're in a hard spot in a lot of ways. The housing alone sounds like a reason to reach out to SR often. ((PJ))

MW -- Completely unnecessary.
TV -- ditched it 9 years ago and never missed it a day.
WIFI -- never give it up.
BEST single thing about SR: it's silent. Living in the city, you crave silence.

Carlos -- it sounds like you're going to enjoy another sunny, healthy weekend. Yay you!!

Gilmer, I love the picture. Thx.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:36 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

My picture was of a Victorian woman on a fainting couch.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:49 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

ah- the damsel in distress- who faints because of whalebone corsets and using atropine to dilate her pupils to look more attractive to men (from the belladonna plant- beautiful lady- lowers blood pressure- causing fainting). Thus getting swooned with 'the vapours' And of course I do not troll or get pm weird. All my beardly weirdness is upfront and public....
Old 05-26-2017, 08:55 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

c2- my burns tracks where my fibreglass splint was. From upper right shoulder- down to below navel. Not manly parts. Across to belly-b (no right tit- got fried), all under the arm- and extending through to the back. Right arm looks like an overly microwaves reheated TURKEY DRUM STICK- SAME SKIN. mY LEFT AND RIGHT LEGS HAVE LARGE GRAFTING SITES ABOVE KNEE AND MY RIGHT LEG HAS 2 LARGE GRAFT SITES BELOW KNEE. oops caps lock. always get a little freaked by this, still. A'caring' doctor showed me very graphic photos of the burns- before shots (when I was still hallucinating on hospital prescribed ketamine- for awake surgical procedures))- down to fried bone, fat and muscle. So the way of the beard is essential.....
Old 05-26-2017, 08:58 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Wow, PJ.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:04 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

YES- it is a venerable beard.