SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   F.I.S.T. #3 (Insert Non-Acronymical Nonsense Expression) (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/408853-f-i-s-t-3-insert-non-acronymical-nonsense-expression.html)

Dee74 04-30-2017 04:58 PM

F.I.S.T. #3 (Insert Non-Acronymical Nonsense Expression)

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...niques-21.html

D

PhoenixJ 04-30-2017 05:02 PM

bang

PhoenixJ 04-30-2017 05:04 PM

just caught your comment about exercise and fitness G. Just remember the look of the first ancient Greeks - Olympics. No weed wackers for them.

SoberLeigh 04-30-2017 05:18 PM

Thanks, Dee.

SoberLeigh 04-30-2017 05:19 PM

I will not drink today.

SoberLeigh 04-30-2017 05:19 PM

Hello, all.

stargazer016 04-30-2017 06:03 PM

Gilmer, I remember Rodney Dangerfield saying something like " When I'm dead, I will be as healthy as the next dead guy." All things in moderation, not that any of us know what that is!

Glad that you had a fun weekend at the house Glee. There was a point in early sobriety where I wasn't sure if I could ever have fun again without slamming down drinks. Who knew how good it could be?

Carlos, is there a mock mint julep drink that you and JG could enjoy Derby Day? I have to admit that I never had a julep and don't feel that I missed out in life because of it. I hope you will dress the part of landed gentry to impress your new lady.

Have a good night all!

Gilmer 04-30-2017 06:18 PM

Rodney Dangerfield!

"Iwenttomypsychiatrist hesaidyou'recrazy

IsaidIwannasecondopinion

HesaidOKyou'reuglytoo."

courage2 04-30-2017 08:00 PM

Thanks Dee!

Title: F.I.S.T. #3 (Insert Non-Acronymical Nonsense Expression)

stargazer016 04-30-2017 11:51 PM

Morning all!

Woke up to no hot water this morning. Great way to start a Monday. I could go over to my in laws but I don't want to scare the heck out of them barging in their house at 3:00am. It's a small thing in the arena of life, but one that probably would have called for a drink in my previous life. Now I can sort of shrug it off and move on.

Have a great day all!

stargazer016 04-30-2017 11:59 PM

I miss Rodney!

"I'm so ugly, my father carries around the picture of the kid who came with the wallet.
I'm so ugly, my mother had morning sickness after I was born.

Hey, I don't get respect from anyone. Why, American Airlines thanked me for flying United."

Couldn't help myself!

courage2 05-01-2017 03:23 AM

With good luck I'll be home for lunch. :)

A safe refuge is one of the best sobriety supports. I intend to spend as much of the next 24 hours as possible under the blankets.

Have I mentioned before how much better my life is since I stopped drinking?

tomls 05-01-2017 05:18 AM

Speaking of courage, did you know the cowardly lion's costume in the wizard of oz was made from real lions' skins?

biminiblue 05-01-2017 05:50 AM

I've watched the Wizard of Oz eleventy million times, it used to be my favorite movie. There are two glaring gaffs I always notice (pretty good for a 1939 movie) and one of them involves that costume. Such a good movie.

C2, I'm glad it's almost over. You held up like a champ.

IWLSAST 05-01-2017 06:44 AM

Happy Monday All,

Thanks a new clean sheet, Dee.

Courage headed to a duvet day. Wow, that sounds kinda nice.

Looking for a cool down of sorts - hit 97 here yesterday...that's even hot for a summer day.

Well, time to get this thing rolling. Monday is work, gym and AA...I make the worst coffee ever and they say it's good - not.

Feeling a sober thing for today - good day, all.

SR Carlos - hey, I see real Carlos tonight.

badgerden 05-01-2017 09:30 AM

Hello All! Staying busy with the Basefit program, starting to feel the effects of exercise and being smarter about food choices. Having to log everything everyday is kind of a pain, but I know its what I need.

stay happy all!

Badge

Delizadee 05-01-2017 03:55 PM

You guys are so much awesome:)

I went and settled up the vet bill today. Still feeling heavy hearted and kind of empty and cry randomly. Got to a meeting tho which was good.

4 months today! I saw my counselor this morning which was so great.
Bittersweet days but I've come through my storms still standing so I'm doing good.
Grateful and clinging to happy memories for now.
Xoxo thanks for always being here and being so awesome you beautiful people.
Del

Gilmer 05-01-2017 04:01 PM

I guess it's been a bittersweet day, Del.

Congratulations on your four month mark.

Job well done. You've shown a lot of grace under stress.

courage2 05-01-2017 04:33 PM

Deliza-full-of-grace. I like that! Congratulations Deliza on 4 months. If you can stay sober through these days, you can stay sober any day & every day.

I've slept 7 hours so far today and hope for another hour's nap before dinner.

And then early bed.

Dee74 05-01-2017 04:40 PM

Del :hug: