Notices

Class of March 2016 part 46

Old 04-19-2017, 03:52 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Bobbie and Phoenix you're so strong, it's really admirable.
In all honesty seeing people actually deal with their problems makes me annoyed at myself that I used my dads death as an excuse to eventually drink one last time, because that's definitely what I did. Told myself I'd been so good, so responsible and there for everyone else and never once cried on anyones shoulder (as if thats something to be proud of? obviously I should've reached out when I needed it) so when I was depressed a month or so ago, I felt I 'deserved' a break. Weird logic.
Anyway, back at my long walks, lots of cooking, yoga. It feels great to be looking after myself again. I wanted to start running but I don't want to leave my dog at home and poor thing can't keep up
Old 04-19-2017, 04:03 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

strength in unity- alone I am not a happy camper
Old 04-19-2017, 04:38 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Superheroes of March 2016

I really should read first before posting all my whiny crap. Sorry I don't have any advice or words of wisdom, I mostly speak dog. You guys are so awesome! Thanks for all of your superhero strength!
Old 04-19-2017, 05:16 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Superheroes of March 2016

I really should read first before posting all my whiny crap. Sorry I don't have any advice or words of wisdom, I mostly speak dog. You guys are so awesome! Thanks for all of your superhero strength!
I call dibs on the pink one with the crown!!!!
Old 04-19-2017, 05:30 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Keets - thinking of you

Kiki - glad you jumped back up and are taking action around that the things that need attention

Casey - I used to love watching my brother play Zelda (old school version). I sucked at it.

Bobbie - Whatever happens with your son, I hope it's what he needs to get on the right track. Proud of you for pushing through and feeling the feels.

Sam - recognizing complacency is the first step toward doing something about it.

Purp - how are the drums treating you?

Had a good couple of days at work. Long full day meetings where I learned a lot. Tonight DD announced she and her friends are going to try a 7 day vegan food challenge. Oh, boy.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:26 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Nitey night Marchers. It's BBT time.

Thanks for keeping me sober today!
Old 04-19-2017, 06:26 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Been a nice day off. Bought some good books this morning. Progressed a decent amount in Zelda. Took a nice nap. Ate a delicious steak with mushrooms. Took a nice long bath with a good book or four. New season of Fargo starts in a bit. I'm very excited about that as I absolutely love that show. Thanks to everyone for keeping me sober one more day!
Old 04-19-2017, 06:42 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Good night everyone! Sweet dreams.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:52 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Well it's official I'm moved in with my mother in law. My husband and I talked a bit today. Over dinner his mom and I had the chance to talk about how I was here because he is drinking. She wasn't surprised and went on to tell me about duis in the past that I already knew about. She is 98 and is a widow, she is really really enjoying my company. This may sound cheesey but I feel I may have been put here for a reason . I'm not getting all religious but I feel this is all part of the plan somehow or another. Or maybe that's just me trying to stay positive. I feel I'm in a safe place though and am less likely to drink while I'm here than at home.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:04 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

I just have to add I keep thinking oh tho irony of this situation living with the mil. She used to ate me and here we are eating ice cream and talking and actually laughing
Old 04-19-2017, 07:40 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Sorry about my ongoing posts lol I'm super on edge and need to keep busy. I don't have all my stuff with me so I'm bored and when I get bored I drink. Thanks for just putting up with me guys.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:48 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Don't ever apologize for posting, Keets. Post once a minute if that's what you need. I'm glad you have a safe place to stay while you figure out your next move and I'm glad you know drinking ain't an option.

One little question that I can't help but ask because I'm nosy as can be--is your mother-in-law really 98 or is that a typo?
Old 04-19-2017, 08:04 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Don't ever apologize for posting, Keets. Post once a minute if that's what you need. I'm glad you have a safe place to stay while you figure out your next move and I'm glad you know drinking ain't an option.

One little question that I can't help but ask because I'm nosy as can be--is your mother-in-law really 98 or is that a typo?
Lol oops didn't even catch that it is a typo she is 89 lol but still
Old 04-19-2017, 08:43 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Re-Member

89 is still a lot of years. I figured you were going to say 59 or maybe 69. I lived with my great-grandmother when she was in her late 80s/early 90s. Very inspiring woman. Hope I can be that together and as good a person when I'm that age.

Anyways, I'm glad you're in a safe place, Keets. Really going to bed now. Sweet dreams, Marchers!
Old 04-19-2017, 08:49 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
I've heard the cauliflower pizza crust is delicious even from carb eaters.
Is califlower pizza crust the new thing? Mrs. Tiles made cauliflower pizza last weekend. It was great. She said the secret is to squeeze all the water out first, and bake it on parchment paper.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:07 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Well I'm off to bed now and sober. Night everyone
Old 04-20-2017, 12:18 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Well - had counselling. I am doing very well with everything. Just not feeling the love today. Hope all are okay.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:58 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

2:51 am and I'm up for some reason. It doesn't help that my mother in law keeps her house cold and I'm always cold now especially since I dropped 5.lbs in the last week from the stress.
lol thinking about cauliflower pizza? When I go back home tobtake care of the kids for night I might make some and just bring the leftovers with me. I'm trying to be as little as a nusance as possible here. I wonder if my kids will like it lol I might not even say anything and just let them eat it lol
Old 04-20-2017, 02:42 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Keets I'm glad you're getting along w/ your mil and have a safe place to stay. Keep posting!

Hey Phoenix!

Thinking of you Bobbie

So good to see everyone posting ~ nice to keep in touch with all of you, plus it helps hold my butt accountable! I'll be back a little later to catch up....now I must find some startin' fluid.....

Quote for the day: "Change how you see and see how you change"

<<---- (This guy cracks me up!)
Old 04-20-2017, 03:18 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

hi purp- you have used the banana before. I know.....I watch- from the shadows. How are you?