SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 part 46 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/407867-class-march-2016-part-46-a.html)

Dee74 04-15-2017 03:53 AM

Class of March 2016 part 46

last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-45-a-21.html

PhoenixJ 04-15-2017 04:09 AM

Thanks, Dee. Sleep peacefully.

Dee74 04-15-2017 05:28 AM

Thanks PJ you too :)

D

Ladybug2 04-15-2017 05:46 AM

Morning Marchers!

Busy day ahead here. The Easter bunny hasn't even started putting baskets together. She has everything for them, but just needs some time ALONE!

Wishing you all a peaceful and sober Saturday xxx

PhoenixJ 04-15-2017 06:06 AM

Same to you, lb

CaseyW 04-15-2017 06:22 AM

Good morning, Marchers! I'm off work today. Have to do laundry at some point. And also wash too many dirty dishes I let stack yesterday. I hate going to bed with dirty dishes but I just couldn't make myself wash them last night. My folks are out of town visiting my oldest sister so I need to feed their dogs too. AA meeting at 8 tonight. Probably a lot of Zelda will take up the rest of my day. And I'm not gonna take that first drink today no matter what.

ManInTheArena 04-15-2017 06:44 AM

Thanks, Dee.

Happy Saturday everyone. A little weekend excursion with plenty of fresh air and sunshine for me and Mrs.

Here's to a pleasant and peaceful weekend for us Marchers. Be strong, be happy and be awesome.

PhoenixJ 04-15-2017 06:50 AM

Same back mita

CaseyW 04-15-2017 06:53 AM

Enjoy your day, ManInTheArena.

PhoenixJ 04-15-2017 07:06 AM

B- does St-L have an old derelict Cathedral that has been turned into a skate-boarding space?

Bobbieka 04-15-2017 07:07 AM

Good morning! It's a beautiful spring day here!

Have a weekend full of birthday parties, weddings and babies. Feeling very blessed today.

Have a fantastic day, March people! Love you.

ManInTheArena 04-15-2017 07:36 AM

Keets, I LOVE your tat and the story that goes with it. The fact that it can continue to change, as you do, is fantastic.

Someone paid me a nice compliment the other day, about what I've accomplished and how far I've come. It was very nice and I really appreciated it, but I have to admit that the first thought that crossed my mind was "I'm not done yet".

Bobbie, I don't know what to say about your situation with Nathan other than my thoughts and prayers are with you. I know you will do everything you can and I know you will do it while staying sober - that's the only way you'll be able to do everything you can. Much love - MITA.

KiKi0615 04-15-2017 08:56 AM

Hi guys, checking in for my son's track meet. I feel calm today. I'm really trying to stay in the moment. It's nice to be sober and calm for a change.

Have a great day everyone! Love you all!

Today 37.

Keets 04-15-2017 10:37 AM

Feeling a little anxious today. Decided to quit smoking and can't run or work out till my tattoo heals up since it's on my leg running is out. Not supposed to do anything that will stretch my skin. That's already hitting me hard I find myself pacing and just anxious. My running and exercise are what I used to help me quit drinking.

Kiki I like when I fee like that. It makes life so much easier and easier to stay sober. I'm in need of some calm days till I can run again.

beerbgone 04-15-2017 10:38 AM

Hey gang. Just wanted to let you know I'm still here. Been busy, busy, busy!

Keets 04-15-2017 10:44 AM

Thanks, I really love the idea too. It's more meaningful than just some random picture.

I have had the same happen recently too. Several people have told me how great I'm doing and my response is I still have long ways to go. I also said the same thing I'm not done yet.
This just popped out but it stuck with me.
"I didn't quit drinking I just started something new."
Don't be done keep going

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena (Post 6411688)
Keets, I LOVE your tat and the story that goes with it. The fact that it can continue to change, as you do, is fantastic.

Someone paid me a nice compliment the other day, about what I've accomplished and how far I've come. It was very nice and I really appreciated it, but I have to admit that the first thought that crossed my mind was "I'm not done yet".

Bobbie, I don't know what to say about your situation with Nathan other than my thoughts and prayers are with you. I know you will do everything you can and I know you will do it while staying sober - that's the only way you'll be able to do everything you can. Much love - MITA.

PhoenixJ 04-15-2017 10:55 AM

:grouphug:

Keets 04-15-2017 11:39 AM

You guys are going to have to put up with me for the next few days lol. I'm sticking close because these minor changes are throwing me off bad.
Lol did I tell you guys I went and got my nose pierced in sept? It was just kind of an impulse. I think when I get anxious I get like that. I don't regret it and wanted it before. But I have to be careful because that's how my drinking starts. I find myself wanting something and cannot think about anything else. It becomes an obsession that just takes over. I got to get a handle on this now before it becomes drinking.
The little changes like not running is not so little to me it was my way of keeping me busy. So I can't swim or wear tight clothing either lol. The majority of my clothes are yoga pants so I can't even get dressed without it becoming an issue.
Man am I irritable lol av is trying really hard today to make me drink

Purplrks3647 04-15-2017 11:59 AM

My boys are playing a show today in Houston, TX ~ Sully posted a video from rehearsals and said "Houston, you have a problem....it's called Godsmack" :e058:

samantha14 04-15-2017 12:48 PM

Hey all! On my way home - woo-hoo!! It typhooned here earlier today but now the sun is out and it's gorgeous!! Tonight will be dinner, a walk with Charlie and maybe some TV. I hope you're all enjoying your weekend!! ❤❤