Notices

Class of March 2016 part 46

Old 04-19-2017, 09:04 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

I once made chicken with 40 cloves of garlic and didn't even use the 40 cloves and the next day my ex called me asking WTF did I feed our son because he stunk

I've never made again.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:06 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

B- you are coping very , VERY well. The emotions with me- creep up and surface when I least expect them to, do not want them to. A scent in the air, a noise- a visual will set my silly brain rewiring, rebooting blah. Just be careful to look after yourself. BASICS. HALTS. Especially food, rest and hydrate. Be careful with the running- no injuries please. I do not cope well with friends with injuries- it takes all the attention off me. Crap about your s. But as you know (in theory) you need to look after you first. Still sucks. Support and hugs and empathy and compassions and words of comfort and admiration and stuff and things. Finished my last m/p. The avatar. In it- are the words 'Spark of Life- for hope, for love'. I wonder what might have inspired the first part?? (der).
Took my mind of faceless govt. woman person. 10 hours today doing this. Much better than drinking. Still freeaking a bit about divorce. Sent (probably a final) email to ex- just saying 'hoping you and (sons) have a peaceful and safe Easter'. Maybe sub-c saying 'HELLO? It has been nearly 20 months- WHAT TF IS HAPPENING????'. But no reply. Sigh. I guess I am to her- a very to be avoided person. I can respect that. BUT the div. stuff really is putting my life on hold. Can't get govt. housing - because of the house I cannot go near- or make any finance from- but ex has done nothing it seems to move on with sales. Sigh.
Bloody serenity prayer. If I do any more mindful breathing- I'll turn into a blimp.
Support to all.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:16 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
“The struggle you're in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow.”

Man, sometimes I think I'm being prepped to be Iron Man.
Iron Man is one of us. He's been sober since 1979.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:16 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Bloody Serenity prayer helps.

I learned last night that the original author wrote it a little differently than we know it now.

by Reinhold Niebuhr

God, give me grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed,
Courage to change the things which should be changed,
and the Wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
Taking, as Jesus did,
This sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it,
Trusting that You will make all things right,
If I surrender to Your will,
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with You forever in the next.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:32 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Just as I was feeling justifiably miserable and having a pretend whine- you have to go and spoil it by sharing something productive I can relate to ,B.
Thanks- or rather thnaks.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:44 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

sorry, not sorry.

I'm all about grace these days.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:49 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

(:-)>
Old 04-19-2017, 10:09 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Oh yeah day 125 here! Staying sober through all this is probably harder than all this in it's self. Grateful to have you guys rooting for me
Old 04-19-2017, 10:19 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Lunch break here....Serenity Prayer indeed....just looked at today's date & realized I have less than a month left to be in my 30s....No need to panic, Purp!!!
Old 04-19-2017, 11:23 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Lunch break here....Serenity Prayer indeed....just looked at today's date & realized I have less than a month left to be in my 30s....No need to panic, Purp!!!
Purp 30 isn't the end lol I just turned 31. I took that and used to help me stay sober. My bday is on Jan 1st so it makes it neat. I can say j haven't had anything to drink all year or while I have been 31. I like the sound of that when I say it and it makes me feel proud.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:09 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Pfft I'm going to be 43 next month......HOW THE HECK DID THAT HAPPEN??????

Well we are having a pizza party lunch today. My kiddos did amazingly at swim class today so we will celebrate. I swear I fall off the Paleo wagon more than I do the alcohol wagon. I'm off the wagon today so I'm going to enjoy every bite of my pizza!! 🍕
Old 04-19-2017, 12:52 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

My sister is texting me from the pub....I miss hanging out there but not all the other crap that goes along with it...haven't been to the gym in a few days; I'd better get my butt back there before I do something stupid!
Old 04-19-2017, 02:11 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Pfft I'm going to be 43 next month......HOW THE HECK DID THAT HAPPEN??????

Well we are having a pizza party lunch today. My kiddos did amazingly at swim class today so we will celebrate. I swear I fall off the Paleo wagon more than I do the alcohol wagon. I'm off the wagon today so I'm going to enjoy every bite of my pizza!! 🍕
Omg I do the low carb thing and have done amazing on it and love the results.......but I miss pizza . I wish I could have both lol
Old 04-19-2017, 02:15 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Hey all. Checking in on my way home from work. No tea today and no intentions of stopping anywhere along the way.

Purplrks - pubs aren't where we hang out anymore...we are more refined...maybe the book store for an extra special coffee?

PR - I'm having the same issue sticking to my diet. I complain because I'm not seeing any results but I'm not really putting in the effort (hmmm....I guess that's the same principal as sobriety)

Keets - day 125!! You rock!! P.S. Have you ever tried cauliflower pizza?

Bobbie - your post hurt my heart...I can't even imagine how yours is feeling. You are an amazing mama to be able to see what's best for Nathan and follow that path rather than doing whatever your heart is begging you to do. Thinking of you both and love you.

Well I'm off. Going to shower and put on my pjs as soon as I walk in the front door (no need to go anywhere tonight) Then I suppose there's a hockey game on...lol...man I will be glad when the playoffs are over.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:36 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Hey all. Checking in on my way home from work. No tea today and no intentions of stopping anywhere along the way.

Purplrks - pubs aren't where we hang out anymore...we are more refined...maybe the book store for an extra special coffee?

PR - I'm having the same issue sticking to my diet. I complain because I'm not seeing any results but I'm not really putting in the effort (hmmm....I guess that's the same principal as sobriety)

Keets - day 125!! You rock!! P.S. Have you ever tried cauliflower pizza?

Bobbie - your post hurt my heart...I can't even imagine how yours is feeling. You are an amazing mama to be able to see what's best for Nathan and follow that path rather than doing whatever your heart is begging you to do. Thinking of you both and love you.

Well I'm off. Going to shower and put on my pjs as soon as I walk in the front door (no need to go anywhere tonight) Then I suppose there's a hockey game on...lol...man I will be glad when the playoffs are over.
No but now I'm going to have to look it up
Old 04-19-2017, 02:57 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

For anyone feeling tempted - I'll be the cautionary tale after thinking "I deserve this" over Easter weekend:
What I got out of my *very few* drinks over the weekend was a regaining of 5 hard-lost pounds - unwise food choices, you know how it goes - and I could feel the beginning of the deterioration in my complexion. And I could sense the elevated blood-pressure, and gastric irritation, and general lack of motivation to exercise, and the dissatisfying feeling of not being in control of my choices. Not what I looked for when I thought "I deserve this."
Day 4 now; feeling good and positive.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:07 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keets View Post
Omg I do the low carb thing and have done amazing on it and love the results.......but I miss pizza . I wish I could have both lol
I've heard the cauliflower pizza crust is delicious even from carb eaters.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:24 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Man, cauliflower takes the place of everything.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:25 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Dear friends, just want to let you know I'm still here. Not operating as I would like, but here.

To those struggling, keep pushing,

To those with milestones, you are doing it and providing the path for many more.

My prayers to all, especially Keets and Bobbie. Your grace and ability to deal with things are seriously awesome.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:27 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Just need to add that cauliflower sucks, but if it replaces alcohol, I'm all for it.