Notices

Class of March 2016 part 46

Old 04-18-2017, 09:01 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Biscuits are what old grandmothers make in the morning with buttermilk to eat with gravy. They're nothing like cookies. Or crackers.

Animal crackers are cookies but "animal crackers" sounds better. Especially when Shirley Temple is singing about them.

Nice day at work overall. And I'm off work tomorrow. I'm thinking about pulling an all-nighter with good ol' Zelda. I just finished the first major dungeon in the game. It's crazy how big and open this game is. I love it.

Thanks for keeping me sober another day, you crazy animal crackers.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:59 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

In bed so I'm going to count this another nite sober. Still at the in laws house but it's something. Tonight was a very discouraging night and Av was trying so hard to get me to drink. I had 2 auditions for for some dance groups and was turned down by both. They said I needed to tone up than come back. I was actually kind of expecting that because it's a common thing. It just kind of crushed me a little lol, but that's my own fault. I went into the whole thing kinda cockey to begin with so that didn't help. I passed by so many liquor stores on the way home. It was actually really close too. I was already thinking about what to tell my therapist. I was thinking about how I didn't have to tell anyone just a little. I haven't smoked mj today either so it's day 1 on that. Before that I had a good day. My dog lives where I'm staying so bonus. So this morning g I got at like 8 and ram 3 miles with him. Lol as much as you can run with a clumsy fat dog lol.

I barely made it today by the skin of my teeth
Old 04-19-2017, 12:38 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Keep posting keets.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:00 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Administrator

There will be other auditions Keets - you've been through the wringer illness wise and emotion wise, don't forget?.

There's time enough to work on your physical recovery as well as your addiction recovery.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:09 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Morning!! Up early...I have a meeting at 6:30am - what the heck is that about?!?

Animal Crackers are cookies for sure....or maybe they're cookie-crackers?? I saw cookie-chips at the grocery store recently so it's possible.

I have been feeling a little complacent lately and the thought of drinking has become pretty strong. No reason really...nothing specific to point to and say "ah-ha!" Also haven't been eating well or exercising...some obvious red flags. Anyways long story short....I haven't had a drink but I consider it every day. Just throwing it out there. (Wow that was a whole paragraph that basically said nothing)

Keets - you are so strong for staying sober with all you are going through. Hard work but worth it. Hugs. P.S. I agree with Dee...another opportunity....the right opportunity will come along.

Well I am off to get in a short run before leaving the house...and find some startin' fluid!! Love you guys! ❤❤
Old 04-19-2017, 03:57 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Startin' fluid time! About to go into work....hello friends!
Old 04-19-2017, 04:36 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Mornin' Marchers. Enjoyin' startin' fluid contemplating my day. Hope everybody has a nice one!
Old 04-19-2017, 05:52 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Just throwing this out there.....AV has already made an appearance this morning, trying 2 throw me off track. "Take a couple of days vacation....you can start over when you get back." Quit toying with my emotions!
Old 04-19-2017, 06:02 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Re-Member

As someone who got pretty far into the triple digits last year and then got complacent and decided to drink, let me just say from much personal experience, it's not worth it. There's no good to be had from us drinking. We're all here on a sober message board for a reason. Proud of everyone for speaking up and letting those thoughts out. Stick close, post often, remember that a drink is not the answer. Don't get back on that awful rollercoaster of continuous day ones that I was stuck on again until recently.

"Pulling an all-nighter" playing video games turned out to mean being asleep by 1 in the morning. I'm not the crazy party animal I once was, I guess. Off work today. My favorite used bookstore is still having their 75% off sale. They're only open Wed. and Sat. mornings. Thinking about going to that though I need more books like I need a hole in my head. And that saying really makes no sense--we already have tons of holes in our head, right? Ears, eyes, nose, mouth, pores?

Wishing everyone a safe and sober day. Remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what. Don't drink if you're happy, don't drink if you're sad, don't drink if you're angry, don't drink if you're scared, don't drink if you got good news, don't drink if you got bad news, don't drink if you're jealous, don't drink. It's not the answer to any of our life's problems.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:11 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Morning all!

I'm feeling pretty crappy today with a cold. Sore throat yesterday and now it has gone into a chest cough, etc. I sort of feel hungover, yuck. Wish I could just go to bed for the day, but no chance of that happening

Hope everyone has a good and sober day xxx
Old 04-19-2017, 06:23 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
As someone who got pretty far into the triple digits last year and then got complacent and decided to drink, let me just say from much personal experience, it's not worth it. There's no good to be had from us drinking. We're all here on a sober message board for a reason. Proud of everyone for speaking up and letting those thoughts out. Stick close, post often, remember that a drink is not the answer. Don't get back on that awful rollercoaster of continuous day ones that I was stuck on again until recently.

"Pulling an all-nighter" playing video games turned out to mean being asleep by 1 in the morning. I'm not the crazy party animal I once was, I guess. Off work today. My favorite used bookstore is still having their 75% off sale. They're only open Wed. and Sat. mornings. Thinking about going to that though I need more books like I need a hole in my head. And that saying really makes no sense--we already have tons of holes in our head, right? Ears, eyes, nose, mouth, pores?

Wishing everyone a safe and sober day. Remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what. Don't drink if you're happy, don't drink if you're sad, don't drink if you're angry, don't drink if you're scared, don't drink if you got good news, don't drink if you got bad news, don't drink if you're jealous, don't drink. It's not the answer to any of our life's problems.

Thanks, Casey ... I needed to hear this too. Like Sam, I have been having thoughts of drinking, but just keep saying "not today". It bothers me that the thoughts keep popping up, though. Maybe I need to add something to my recovery. I've gotten to 48 days because I've finally accepted that alcohol is not an option for me anymore. I am powerless over it and can't ever "just have a few" or "just one more night". Need to keep remembering this.

So, for today lets just not drink. Love you guys!
Old 04-19-2017, 06:39 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Casey said it the best, so I'll leave it there. Keets, Sam, LB, just for today. We do this together. You are not alone. It really does get easier.

Went to Al Alon last night. Good thing. Received a call from my ex right when it ended. My son broke into his house and stole $1400 in cash and weed. (I did mention my ex sort of dabs in dealing, right? ) He was on his way to Arizona. My ex called him and he turned around and came back. Called the cops on him for trespassing, they ran him off because there is not a warrant for him yet. Don't know where he is, but he is definitely escalating, as is his habit. So, hopefully he'll be in jail soon and start getting the help he needs.

My husband is out of town and he remarked that he was impressed that all of this hasn't made me want to drink. I laughed. Are you kidding? Of course the thought has popped in my head that I'd not hurt as much if I were drinking. But guess what? I'm not that girl anymore. I face my problems. And ultimately I can deal with the problems better. So, breathing, posting, mindfulness, all of that crap? It works. I'm calm. I'm not crying and of course I am worried about my son, but I have my peace to get me through this.

Just want you guys to know - it's not all cupcakes and puppies - but it is okay.

Love you all. You are my favorite people in the world. Sometimes, you are my breaths went I feel like I can't breathe.

Have a great day, friends!!
Old 04-19-2017, 07:01 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

“The struggle you're in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow.”

Man, sometimes I think I'm being prepped to be Iron Man.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:04 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

BROTHERS IN OUR DEFECTS
We recovered alcoholics are not so much brothers in virtue as we are brothers in our defects, and in our common strivings to overcome them.
— AS BILL SEES IT, p. 167
The identification that one alcoholic has with another is mysterious, spiritual—almost incomprehensible. But it is there. I "feel" it. Today I feel that I can help people and that they can help me.
It is a new and exciting feeling for me to care for someone; to care what they are feeling, hoping for, praying for; to know their sadness, joy, horror, sorrow, grief; to want to share those feelings so that someone can have relief. I never knew how to do this—or how to try. I never even cared. The Fellowship of A.A., and God, are teaching me how to care about others.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:08 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

National Hanging Out Day
National Garlic Day
National Amaretto Day (this one is not for us)
National Oklahoma City Bombing Day
Old 04-19-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Sore today from all my activity yesterday lol. Left my running shoes at home last night no running the dog today. Getting ready to go back home and start talking. Technically he kicked me out and he wouldn't leave either so j just left. Just easier to do it that way. His mom is 88 and lives alone so she is lonely and loves the company. She even made me breakfast and dinner lol. He doesn't know I'm here and she doesn't know what's going on so it's easy right now.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:40 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Hugs, Keets. and prayers. lots of prayers.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:18 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Checking in. Going to AA meeting soon. Starting Alanon Friday. I think Alanon will really help with my mother issues & detaching from her controlling claws! I talked to a woman from Alanon for a long time yesterday & she's sure it will really help me! Also starting Yoga & marriage counseling. Man....I'm gonna be the healthiest person in the world pretty soon! Lol.

Sticking close to my sponsor. Despite my little bump in the road she still sees tremendous growth & FIGHT in me so that's good.

Keets....glad you didn't drink! Not worth it. Hang in there!

Sam...tell your AV to shut up! She's a liar & stupid!

Bobbie....sorry about your son. Still praying for him (and you). And I feel like I'm being prepped to BE the Ironman too! Fine with me!

Ladybug....I hope you feel better!

Casey....I agree! Stay off the hellish roller coaster!

Purp....tell your AV to shut it!!! Stupid hag!

BBG....hey! Enjoy your day!

Dee....thx for the links the other day and unconditional love & support

Phoenix....have a great day! You ARE the iron man!!!

Have a good day everyone.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:28 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Garlic and Hangout Days don't seem like they go well together.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:35 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Garlic and Hangout Days don't seem like they go well together.
Yeah but on the bright side there won't be any vampires.