Notices

Class of March 2016 part 44

Old 04-01-2017, 05:48 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Got a quote for painting, and it is less than I was expecting. He even complimented me on some of the patching I've been doing on the walls. I should have known better than to think he'd be looking at anything other than my walls...a little clutter here and there, wasn't even noticed He's building up his own painting business on the side of his FT painting job, so it's a win-win. Still, I'm feeling very grateful to have friends/neighbors who are willing to help out on top of their day job. Really stand up guy.

Also, ex stopped by to drop off a check for his 1/2 of child care. Also gave me compliments about keeping "our" home above water and that he notices how our daughter is thriving.

What the heck do I do with these compliments? I guess just feel happy.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:09 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Look what I found....just a couple hours from me!

KRaP Art Studios is in Downtown Lakeland
Old 04-01-2017, 06:15 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

I can relate, CH....I've never been good at taking compliments either.....who woulda thought it would be difficult to enjoy such a thing? What the heck? But we deserve it, dammit!
Old 04-01-2017, 06:52 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Love it, Purple! You're in charge of art. Someone's going to have to bring the biscuits ( pretty sure he means cookies).

CH- I'm not comfortable with compliments these days either. you've earned it - enjoy! You're doing an awesome job single parenting.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:53 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Thanks Purp- I like the approach to the art. And John said 'let there be KRAP' and there was- and he continued to be weird (actually I am not weird, I am gifted).
Old 04-01-2017, 07:20 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by clearlyheaded View Post
Happy April Fools day!! I woke up to vasaline on door knobs, food dye on the rim of the bathroom faucet (washed my hands in blue water), a plate of Oreos with toothpaste in the middle, and a dime taped to the kitchen sink faucet (don't need a shower anymore!!). DD got a kick out me falling for them....some I genuinely fell for. 6 years ago my friend had twins on April Fools day. Didn't find out she was having twins until 1/2 way through the pregnancy, too. Now THAT'S a cool April Fools day. Enjoy the sun for those who have it. It's going to be an outside day today.

Haha! That's awesome CH! I love April Fools day jokes!
Old 04-01-2017, 07:22 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Holy crap I'm such a scatterbrain....rushed out of work for an appointment to get the oil changed on my car.....luckily I had the coupon in the glove box 'cause I left my purse at work....told the guy I hope nothing else needs to be done 'cause I don't have any way to pay for it! Good thing they have coffee here in the lobby!!!

Lol Purp! I'm scatterbrained ALL day EVERYDAY!
Old 04-01-2017, 07:23 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Checking in this afternoon. Just had my first iced tea of the season...I am officially declaring it spring!! The sun is shining, its mild...just awesome. PJ - the tea is called Caribbean Crush and it's delicious.

Had a pretty productive day - groceries, laundry...and now just looking forward to a quiet night in. I have to work tomorrow so gotta be in bed early.

Well we are having Big Mac Salad for dinner tonight so I'm off to start that.

Happy Saturday!!❤
Mmmm! A Big Mac salad sounds awesome! I had this cabbage recipe that I've never had before. It sucked. Lol
Old 04-01-2017, 07:25 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
I agree with your Spring declaration Sam. I've got southern sweet tea in the fridge!
Hey BBG! Do you and Sam know if they make DECAF tea? I can never find decaf iced tea. I want some!
Old 04-01-2017, 07:26 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Hi everyone!

Day 30 and just want to say I couldn't have done it without all of you. Thanks for being here. Love you all!

Hubby and I are going out to dinner tonight, just the 2 of us. It's been awhile since we've done anything without the kiddos and we need it!!

Hope everyone has a great night

Woohoo!!! 30 days is AMAZING! You are doing so great!
Old 04-01-2017, 07:27 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Hope you are all doing well here.
I've not been feeling so great this past few days (ibs flare-up) but have been occupying myself with reading SR, movies, resting generally and eating very simple foods and liquids.
Take care all

Feel better soon Caramel!!!
Old 04-01-2017, 07:29 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Good night Phoenix and everyone else I didn't say hello to today. I hope you had a great day! Xo
Old 04-01-2017, 07:48 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Goodnight Marchers! I hope everyone is having a great weekend! Good job on 30 ladybug.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:08 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Good evening guys. Been super busy with my photography business. I blame having cancer and doing chemo last year for my business failing. In all honesty it was my drinking. I ruined many good relationships and burnt too many bridges. So really it's like I'm starting my biz all over again(sigh).
It's nobody's fault but my own. I'm fixing all the mistakes I have made in the past and pushing foreword. I have been sober for 108 nighs and the hard work is starting to pay off. I had a fear smoking mj would also become a problem and it is. I tried quitting that and only made it 4 days. When i did smoke again it bright up a lot of things for me. It was like I was sneaking or failing. I had the same feeling flood me like when I would slip up and drink. I hated it. I am struggling with that the same way I was wit Booz. That being said I am feeling great about being sober and want to continue.
I'll be checking in a lot because I think if I'm trying to quit smoking it can trigger too much.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:23 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

good effort keets.

good night slackers!

It is 1251, Sunday here- beautiful autumn weather.

SAM, SAM! I went to get some facy tea. Recently at a meeting I had a 'Twinings Chai' It was good. Other have (all looking very knowing0 agree to its taste. I looked at the ingredients- black tea, cinamoninamon and vanilla.
So I went and got said cinnamon and vanilla (the real stuff) and it is just as- of not even better.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:30 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Fancy- not facy
Old 04-02-2017, 04:00 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Hey BBG! Do you and Sam know if they make DECAF tea? I can never find decaf iced tea. I want some!
They do make decaf tea Kiki. I haven't actually used it myself but I know it is available.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:59 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Good morning, March people!!!

Time to get up and be awesome!

Have a great day! Off for adventures with Sophia.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:28 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keets View Post
Good evening guys. Been super busy with my photography business. I blame having cancer and doing chemo last year for my business failing. In all honesty it was my drinking. I ruined many good relationships and burnt too many bridges. So really it's like I'm starting my biz all over again(sigh).
It's nobody's fault but my own. I'm fixing all the mistakes I have made in the past and pushing foreword. I have been sober for 108 nighs and the hard work is starting to pay off. I had a fear smoking mj would also become a problem and it is. I tried quitting that and only made it 4 days. When i did smoke again it bright up a lot of things for me. It was like I was sneaking or failing. I had the same feeling flood me like when I would slip up and drink. I hated it. I am struggling with that the same way I was wit Booz. That being said I am feeling great about being sober and want to continue.
I'll be checking in a lot because I think if I'm trying to quit smoking it can trigger too much.
Hey Keets! Great to see you! Don't worry...you'll get your photo business back. Sobriety brings miracles. I don't have any experywith marijuana but I DO know that according to several things I have read, alcohol is the hardest drug to quit so if you can do THAT, you can quit anything! I'm glad you'll be checking in more! Love u!
Old 04-02-2017, 08:29 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
They do make decaf tea Kiki. I haven't actually used it myself but I know it is available.
Hmmm....I can never find the decaf ICED tea. Where do you find it?