SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 part 44 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/406571-class-march-2016-part-44-a.html)

Dee74 03-21-2017 04:47 AM

Class of March 2016 part 44

last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-43-a-19.html

D

samantha14 03-21-2017 05:29 AM

Morning all!! Heading out the door shortly to the gym and then breakfast afterwards with some girlfriends. And I can happily affirm what we all already know...I am very glad that I did not drink yesterday. Well the sun is shining and I am off! Love you all. ❤

samantha14 03-21-2017 05:30 AM

Dee - thanks for the new home!

beerbgone 03-21-2017 06:34 AM

Good morning Marchers. A significant day for me. Day 21. 3 weeks! I won't drink today so I've beat my 3 week jinx!!!

I still haven't been hit by my Tsunami AV but maybe that's because I'm been so focused on relapse prevention.

My goal now is to finish out the month. Then on to triple digits!!! Then on and on and on.

Thank you all. I couldn't have done this without you.

Bobbieka 03-21-2017 06:49 AM

Thought for the Day

In A.A. we forget about the future. We know from experience that as time goes on, the future takes care of itself. Everything works out well, as long as we stay sober. All we need to think about is today. When we get up in the morning and see the sun shining in the window, we thank God that He has given us another day to enjoy because we're sober, a day in which we may have a chance to help somebody. Do I know that this day is all I have and that with God's help I can stay sober today?

Meditation for the Day

All is fundamentally well. That does not mean that all is well on the surface of things. But it does mean that God's in His heaven and that He has a purpose for the world, which will eventually work out when enough human beings are willing to follow His way. "Wearing the world as a loose garment" means not being upset by the surface wrongness of things, but feeling deeply secure in the fundamental goodness and purpose in the universe.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that God may be with me in my journey through the world. I pray that I may know that God is planning that journey.

Bobbieka 03-21-2017 06:51 AM

Good morning, March People!!

BBG - this is it! You got this.

Sam - gym and girl time. Sounds like the perfect morning! Have a great day!

Thanks Dee.

Have an awesome day everyone!!!

KiKi0615 03-21-2017 06:57 AM

Thanks Dee!!!

Congrats BBG! Keep going!!!

Morning everyone! Day 12. I had a close call yesterday but I used by tools and got through it! Thank God. Can you imagine how horrible I'd feel right now if I had drank yesterday? Never again.

Have a great day! I'll check in later. Xo

clearlyheaded 03-21-2017 07:05 AM

Morning friends. Sun is shining, it's going to be a great day!

samantha14 03-21-2017 07:51 AM

BBG!!! Woo-hoo!! Love the positive attitude!! You are amazing!!! ❤

Hi Bobbie and CH!! Have a great day!!

Bobbieka 03-21-2017 08:09 AM

Way to flex those sober muscles, Kiki!

Have a great day, CH!

Ladybug2 03-21-2017 09:58 AM

Hi everyone!

Great job on 21 days, BBG! This is your time, you've got this!

Sam & Kiki, glad you made it through your cravings. We never regret NOT drinking, do we?

I'm doing pretty well. Yesterday I went to an AA meeting and got a sponsor. Feeling a little nervous about it, but I think it's what I need to stay sober long-term. Today is Day 19 and I want to keep going. I know it's just a matter of time before my AV tries to ambush me and I have to have a plan.

Anyway, I couldn't do this without all of you. Love you all :grouphug:

beerbgone 03-21-2017 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 (Post 6376450)
Hi everyone!

Great job on 21 days, BBG! This is your time, you've got this!

Sam & Kiki, glad you made it through your cravings. We never regret NOT drinking, do we?

I'm doing pretty well. Yesterday I went to an AA meeting and got a sponsor. Feeling a little nervous about it, but I think it's what I need to stay sober long-term. Today is Day 19 and I want to keep going. I know it's just a matter of time before my AV tries to ambush me and I have to have a plan.

Anyway, I couldn't do this without all of you. Love you all :grouphug:

LB lotsa' good relapse prevention videos on YouTube!

PhoenixJ 03-21-2017 10:13 AM

Good for you LB.

Bobbieka 03-21-2017 10:28 AM

LB - Awesome job!

Phoenix - I'm digging the new avatar.

PhoenixJ 03-21-2017 10:35 AM

I laboured over that visual image for an agonising 9 seconds, B.

Caramel 03-21-2017 12:55 PM

I hope everyone is having a good day, or at least dealing more or less easily with the annoyances and setbacks that inevitably happen.
Remain calm :)
Take care, check in here often.
:grouphug: xx

Bobbieka 03-21-2017 12:56 PM

Hey, Caramel! Hope you're having a great day!

Purplrks3647 03-21-2017 03:27 PM

Everyone sounds so upbeat ~ I love it! Watching a Bette Davis movie....evidently, she must have been such a witch to deal with...but her movies still fascinate me for some reason :e058:

Purplrks3647 03-21-2017 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by beerbgone (Post 6376154)
I still haven't been hit by my Tsunami AV but maybe that's because I'm been so focused on relapse prevention.

:agree I like that BBG, I need to remember this too.....I should look at some more homework. Nice job passing the 3 week mark! :scoregood

samantha14 03-21-2017 05:35 PM

Evening!! Quiet bunch tonight...how's everyone doing??

Good day here...gym and then breakfast and then a new recipe for dinner...yumm!! My AV is pretty active lately with all the free time I have but I am getting used to it for what it is...boredom or loneliness or whatever. Much easier to deal with once I identify it.

Kiki - great job on making it through the day yesterday!

LB - 19 days is awesome!!

PJ - love the new avatar!!

Hey Caramel!

Purplrks - I don't know if I have ever seen a Bette Davis movie?? Okay...just Googled it...I have seen Return from Witch Mountain and Wicked Stepmother!!

Well I am off to bed soon....time for some tea and maybe a chapter of my book

Night class!!