Notices

Class of March 2016 part 44

Old 04-03-2017, 09:27 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Woohoo! The band's back together! Makes my heart happy. We need to hear from a certain goat too, I think.

Got in a short run, going to bed. The meeting was good. Different than what I'm used to. Getting out of my comfort zone means growing. Whatever - it sounded good.

Have a great day Aussies! Have sweet dreams sober people!
Old 04-04-2017, 02:21 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Morning class!! Very busy day in my world but up and attem' and ready to face the day....startin' fluid in hand.

Have let the exercise portion of my recovery lapse a little so mini goal for today is just to reach my step goal...then tomorrow back to the gym.

It's going to be a rainy and grey day here but not gonna let that ruin it for me...

Happy Tuesday!!
Old 04-04-2017, 02:43 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Sam is this 100 days for you? High Five!

Hi Casey! Glad to see you back in class!

I must've been super tired yesterday.........skipped the gym and all I wanted to do was sleep...Glad to see everyone here....I've got a lot of work to do and you all help me keep going! Can't thank you all enough!

Oh and the Phillies won yesterday ~ my guy pitched over 5 innings & scored an RBI triple at bat! I can't believe I even know what that means!
Old 04-04-2017, 02:50 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Thanks Purplrks! Our Blue Jays didn't win...I'm not a baseball fan but I work with a lot of people who are going to be sad today.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:44 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Mornin' Marchers. I'm so glad to see everybody coming back! Gonna' be a good day here. Got my startin' fluid and plannin' things out.

Gotta' make a quick trip to the grocery and then shoot some cookin' videos. A new hobby of mine. Gotta' make lifestyle changes!

Have a great sober day!
Old 04-04-2017, 04:52 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Hi Casey, glad you are back with us!

Sam, 100 days, woohoo!

Rainy and dreary here today, but at least it's going to be warm. Need to do some grocery shopping and laundry. Fun, fun! Ah well, could be worse. Day 33.

Wishing you all a sober and wonderful day!
Old 04-04-2017, 05:41 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 5. Rhymes with alive. Which is a good thing to be.

I went to bed before 9:30 last night and slept all the way until after 7 this morning. Guess I needed it. Just finished a couple of morning meditations I'm trying to get in the habit of doing and now I'm staring at my coffee mug anticipating that first sip.

I'm not working any evening/night shifts anymore. Trying to lead a more "normal" life, whatever that means. So I have to be at work in a couple of hours. Definitely going to an AA meeting this evening. Best thing I heard at last night's was "If you don't stir that poop up, the smell won't last." Only the old redneck spouting this wisdom didn't use the word "poop" of course.

Thanks for the welcome back everyone. I'm not gonna drink today. I can speak from personal experience that it's still dumb.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:52 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Oh yeah, when I moved back to this town, I was able to move right back into my old duplex. Best news though--my neighbors with the loud kids and squawking in the morning birds moved out! I've never even seen and seldom hear my new neighbor since I've been back. Makes for much more relaxing mornings.

And I just made my first "Oops, I posted in the wrong March thread" post. I have a feeling that's going to be a frequent occurrence for me since I'm posting in two of them now.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:52 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Good morning!!!

Sam!!

BBG - cooking videos? You can't just drop that in so casually and not explain.

Purple- woohoo! Glad your crush came through for you.

LB Hope your day is awesome! 33 - what a very cool number!

PHX - had cuppa Naughty Vicar this morning. Tastes like a fruity Earl Grey. Do whatever you want with that information.

Casey - nice phrase you picked up at your mtg. Mine was about if you take away the higher power bit - what keeps you sober? Service work came up a lot. I totally agree with that. Hard to leave something you are taking care of.

Hope everyone has an incredibly awesome day!!!
Old 04-04-2017, 06:55 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

There was a lady at a meeting the other day- 900,000 years sober. She said she used to get 'intoxicated at the thought of getting intoxicated'. Like the moment before the first drink- that anticipation of reward and release, was far better than the real thing. After that it was always second place catch up. That resonated with me.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:59 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Yeah, I've been trying unsuccessfully to recapture that "first drink/drunk" sensation for 18 years now. What's the definition of insanity again?
Old 04-04-2017, 07:05 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Thought for the Day

When I came into A.A., I found men and women who had been through the same things I had been through. But now they were thinking more about how they could help others than they were about themselves. They were a lot more unselfish than I ever was. By coming to meetings and associating with them, I began to think a little less about myself and a little more about other people. I also learned that I didn't have to depend on myself alone to get out of the mess I was in. I could get a greater strength than my own. Am I now depending less on myself and more on God?

Meditation for the Day

You cannot help others unless you understand the person you are trying to help. To understand the problems and temptations of others, you must have been through them yourself. You must do all you can to understand others. You must study their backgrounds, their likes and dislikes, their reactions and their prejudices. When you see their weaknesses, do not confront the person with them. Share your own weaknesses, sins, and temptations and let other people find their own convictions.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may serve as a channel for God's power to come into the lives of others. I pray that I may try to understand them.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:08 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

I suppose we all know what insanity is- just as we are probably all very good at reading other people (defence- do they know I am drinking?).
Old 04-04-2017, 07:28 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Morning class. Feeling really good today despite not wanting to get out of bed. A comfortable mattress equals good sleep, but also makes it hard to get up for this non-morning person. But now that I'm at work and my day is underway I feel fantastic. I'll catch up a little later. Good to see so many posts today already. The band is back together indeed. We just need a few who haven't checked in in a while to stop by!
Old 04-04-2017, 07:58 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Morning class, starting the day off healthy and trying to keep that mindset for the rest of the day. We are currently having a blizzard lol so I'm going to go drive around in a canyon to take pics. Spring time in Colorado sucks it's not very spring. How was everyone's Monday?
Old 04-04-2017, 08:00 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
BBG - cooking videos? You can't just drop that in so casually and not explain.
Bobbie I've always loved to cook and I have video equipment so I just thought making cooking videos would be a nice hobby!

Made one this morning. Gotta' edit it. Shootin' the video is the easy part. Editing eats my lunch!!! LOL.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:02 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

0031 Wed here Keets. Good weather, productive days fighting government red tape. Be careful in your blizzard.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:04 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Cooking videos sounds better than videos about flags around the world, beerbgone.

Heading to work. Have a nice day everyone!
Old 04-04-2017, 08:11 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

A while back- some one put a live feed online- of the cheese in their fridge, just that. It went viral.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:30 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

I bet it's beautiful, Keets.
CH - Have a great day!
PHX - Avatar is on point today!
Casey - Why is yours upside down?
BBG - are you going to share your videos? They could go viral.