Notices

Class of March 2016 part 44

Old 04-02-2017, 04:26 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Sam- that is crud- feeling crud. Go out and buy the most ridiculous labelled weird tea you can- one that causes you to laugh. Make the whole journey to home's end- a dramatic story worthy in the telling. The journey, the first meet- the first raw encounter of teabag and taste bud.

Gather 'round me shipmates! Listen now- to a tale of the high teas. Of a teabag- so strange, it only lived in myth. Until the chosen one once again bought it forth into the light of a new morn.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:59 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Try not to worry Kiki. I do agree that maybe you should have a talk with your son. He is old enough to know that alcoholism could end up being a problem for him if it runs on both sides of his family. My mom tried to have that talk with me but unfortunately I was about 22 and already an alcoholic in denial by then. You are in my thoughts. I know parents will always worry. I worry about my son becoming an alcoholic and he's almost 2

Sam, maybe reread some of your posts where you hated alcohol the most, to remind yourself of how awful it really is, and why you wanted to quit in the first place. 98 days is so amazing but I understand the place where you are at right now. I am much more freshly sober than that, so my wounds are more fresh too. I have that to motivate me. Because I very nearly ruined my life a few short weeks ago. And it's easy to do if you pick up again. All it really takes is one bad night and all the misery, shame, guilt, fear, and problems come right back. It's no fun at all. It's a nightmare. I'm rooting for you, and am so proud of your sober time. I would hate to see you make any of the same mistakes I have made. Learn from mine and others'. Love you.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:24 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

How's everyone doing? Sam r U ok?

Hugs Kiki.....I'd say don't worry, but all I do is worry, and I don't even have kids, so what the hell do I know? Glad you're still here with us....staying sober is the best example for your son.

Phoenix tell us more 'tales of the high teas'!

Well, I spoke too soon.....made it down to the island and then, oh yeah, it's still tourist season!!! I am reminded why I never go to the beach!

Pedi was nice, tho....can't complain.....sober another day, thanks to you all!
Old 04-02-2017, 05:25 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Autumn Lover - Really great post. I hope you are doing well. Hope your little guy is doing well too!
Old 04-02-2017, 05:28 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Another sober day thanks to you guys. It's BBT time now. A good night. 8 episodes.

See ya' at startin' fluid time tomorrow!
Old 04-02-2017, 06:08 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Just checking in before bed. Today was a bit of a roller coaster for me as well. Just feeling moody and blah. My AV even tried the ol' "well if you're this moody sober you may as well drink again". Ugh. It never gives up, does it? One day at a time and for today I stayed sober.

The highlight of the day was taking our 7 yo to see Beauty and the Beast ... it was really good

Sam, hope you're doing ok and feeling better. I know what you mean about being sick of fighting some days. 98 days is so amazing, though. Keep fighting. Love you!

Hope you are all having a good night. Sweet dreams
Old 04-02-2017, 06:37 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Hi guys, checking in.
Sam I hope you feel better soon and get through it without drinking, it really will only make everything so much worse. I'm on day 17 and I'm still dealing with the physical and mental effects of drinking for just one week. It sucks. Do literally anything else.

Ladybug I saw Beauty and the Beast the other day too! I loved it, the animated one was my absolute favourite when I was young, it made me so happy and nostalgic to see this version.

Lots of housework to do today before I get to some paperwork, groan. I'll check back when I've cleaned and put some washing on
Old 04-02-2017, 07:37 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great advice here today guys - I van;t better it...but I am pulling for anyone struggling...the best wisdom I can pass on is it won't always bee this way...it gets better

D
Old 04-02-2017, 09:30 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Support guys.

A TALE OF THE HIGH TEAS.

He looked at her with comtempt Dar (he Jeered) ling!' , he said- 'why are you RUSSIAN, to that CARAVAN?' SHE REPLIED, VEXED- 'BECAUSE THE LADY IS GRAY.' I thought she was 50 shades off- who pekoed her? I-rish we could do something for her, he thought.

AND THEN I RAN OUT OF CRAPPY TEA PUNS. AND CAPS lock
Old 04-03-2017, 02:42 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Another hangover-free morning! Nice feeling for a Monday ~ I have to be careful not to get complacent, tho......it's easy to have an "I got this" mentality then let my guard down.....

Annnnnd....it is Opening Day! My favorite baseball player is the starting pitcher today for the Phillies....#58.....He used to pitch for the Rays, but then got traded a few years back so I don't get to see him as often.....another member of the 'Purplrks Eye Candy Collection'

Ok....Time to track down some startin' fluid and march through this day....let's do this!
Old 04-03-2017, 03:06 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Morning!! 99...that's a weird number. I have work today and not much else. Thanks for all the love yesterday...hoping today is better. ❤❤
Old 04-03-2017, 03:51 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Mornin' everybody.

Sam glad you made it through yesterday. You did make it didn't you?

Sippin' startin' fluid here beginning day 34.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:02 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Morning all!

Wanted to check in first thing this morning since I've gotten out of that habit. Day 32 and feeling much better this morning. I guess we really do just have to ride out the ups and downs because the downs are definitely still much better without the hangovers and other crap that drinking brings.

Need to try and find some Easter dresses for the little bugs and then going to an AA meeting this afternoon. Going to keep a positive attitude and make it a great day. Hope everyone else does the same. Love you all!
Old 04-03-2017, 05:04 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Great job on 34 days, BBG! I'm enjoying some startin' fluid too

Sam, glad you made it though. Knew you would On to 100 days, my friend.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:46 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Hi all. Posted 2 more arty things. One my avatar.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:22 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Good morning! We are racking up those days!

Great job BBG and LB!

Sam 99. It's a cool number. Rather aesthetically pleasing. Great job.

Phoenix - great art work!! Terrible tea puns!!

Purple- we won our home opener yesterday - good luck to you!

Have a great day, class!!
Old 04-03-2017, 07:33 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey March 16ers. I'd like to join back in here. I need more support and you guys were the best I've ever had. Got to head to work now but will try to catch up with at least the last ten or so pages when I get home.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Checking in for day 109 wohoo going to make it great. I know this is a bit personal but would any of you be interested in trading ig names? I have a separate private account my family doesn't see for my recovery. I know some would like to remain annon so if not I understand.
Hope everyone has an amazing day
Old 04-03-2017, 07:52 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Welcome back Casey!!! I've been hoping you would return.

So sorry for your relapse. But hey. That's a part of gettin' sober forever. At least in my opinion. You're back and that's what's important!

Glad you got a car. Evidently you moved back home, huh?
Old 04-03-2017, 08:09 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

B- the art of terrible puns is one of cleansing. To purge one's soul of something.