Notices

Class of March 2017 Support Thread Part Two

Old 03-26-2017, 10:31 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lava256 View Post
Yes, I too always need to have a glass or cup of something at hand. So to avoid it being alcohol, I'll quickly pour myself a tea or sofa and have that instead.
I meant soda. Usually watered down, though.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:36 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Made it through the weekend!

I did make it through my first sober weekend. It wasn't as hard as I'd thought but definitely had several moments of weakness. I'm just embarking on day 7 today. Going in to see the doctor tomorrow with the results of a full blood work that I did. I hope that goes well. I'll be so happy to report to him that I stayed sober all week. Happy and productive Monday everybody!
Old 03-26-2017, 11:23 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Sounds like you're doing well, Lava256.
Best wishes, everybody
Old 03-27-2017, 02:14 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I`m sad to report that this weekend went to ****.. Back on day 2, feeling absolutely rubbish..
The plans I had for Saturday fell through, and then everything just went sideways.

I am so disappointed in myself, it’s like I lost all the self-control I had been holding so firm on for 13 days.
Well, not much else to do but dust myself off and going at it again. For what it’s worth, 13 days is the longest streak I’ve had in years.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:30 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Tronics.. sorry to hear.. Im just finishing day 1 again too.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:34 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nia1971 View Post
Tronics.. sorry to hear.. Im just finishing day 1 again too.
Sorry to hear that as well, it realy sucks..
lets make it work and stick this time okay?
Old 03-27-2017, 02:58 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tronics View Post
Sorry to hear that as well, it realy sucks..
lets make it work and stick this time okay?
fingers crossed !
Old 03-27-2017, 04:11 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcoem back Tronics and Ni
Use what happened to go back to your recovery plan and beef it up...if you need to make more changes make them...iuf you need to find more support or use the support you have better, you can do that too

Recovery 2.0. = better faster stronger

D
Old 03-27-2017, 04:59 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Oh what a day. Day 8 out of the way thank god. Nite nite darling Marchers.
We are a team....Don't ever forget that. It doesn't matter if you reset to Day 1, you are part of the Marchers and we are a force to be reckoned with. AV stand aside!
Old 03-27-2017, 05:06 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Hi. I have one day down, starting day two and would like to join the class.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:34 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Welcome Lucyjane. Stay with us darling xxxx
Old 03-27-2017, 06:33 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 3. Getting ready for work. I'm not gonna drink but I just can't get motivated to do much of anything, including reading in here. I need to snap out of this. Wishing everyone the best today.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:46 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

If it's of any help, I'm on Day 22 and have been TIREDDDDD most of the time. It's way better than being hungover though and it's starting to improve.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:00 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Day 1 again for me. I was almost at 3 weeks I am so incredibly mad at myself and disappointed. I didn't get drunk like I normally would but I did have a couple beers. I hate the fact that DH has to have beer at the house. I hate that I have no one to text when AV decides to show up. I know I could have came on here but a text is so much faster. I just absolutely hate myself today..
Old 03-27-2017, 07:25 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Onlylovetoday View Post
Day 1 again for me. I was almost at 3 weeks I am so incredibly mad at myself and disappointed. I didn't get drunk like I normally would but I did have a couple beers. I hate the fact that DH has to have beer at the house. I hate that I have no one to text when AV decides to show up. I know I could have came on here but a text is so much faster. I just absolutely hate myself today..
Beating yourself up serves no purpose. Forgive yourself and move forward. Have you told any family or friends of your struggle? It may be helpful to let someone know so that you can talk to them f2f. There is no shame in needing support and help from others.

Are you able to talk with DH about the alcohol in the house? This is an issue that needs the most care and the most respect to recover from.

What is the plan for next time? There is always someone here on SR who is willing and able to talk you down from the "Drinking Cliff"

Here for you and rooting you on!
Old 03-27-2017, 08:32 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mizzuno View Post
Beating yourself up serves no purpose. Forgive yourself and move forward. Have you told any family or friends of your struggle? It may be helpful to let someone know so that you can talk to them f2f. There is no shame in needing support and help from others.

Are you able to talk with DH about the alcohol in the house? This is an issue that needs the most care and the most respect to recover from.

What is the plan for next time? There is always someone here on SR who is willing and able to talk you down from the "Drinking Cliff"

Here for you and rooting you on!
I have told DH that alcohol in the house makes it very hard for me but he doesn't care. He says he should be able to have a beer or 2 at night after work. He's also told ne I don't have a drinking problem, that I just need to learn how to drink..

And no I haven't told anyone because nobody besides DH knows . I have decided to go see a therapist. I unfortunately have no one around me to talk to about my problems and I think keeping everything bottled up inside isn't helping..
Old 03-27-2017, 09:03 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Day 8 for me.

Kind of pissed that my MIL keeps coming over, making a mess in my kitchen, cooking, and then leaving half drank bottles of wine when she leaves.
I have asked her to not leave any alcohol here- I don't mind if she drinks, just don't leave it here.
I'm also sick, so I've had a migraine, cough, congestion, and chest pains since yesterday. I'm going to try and sleep it off, but I can't sleep.
So far, so good with quitting cigarettes.
Now I need to get a hobby so I can stop constantly thinking about drinking or smoking. Because right now I just lay in bed and get on Pinterest while watching TV.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:36 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
I'm at home working on stuff for tomorrow and I just heard the neighbors take out the glass recycling---it sounded like about million glass bottles. That was me 14 months ago. My recycling was so full I had to take two trips to the curb, and I was stashing the empty vodka bottles in grocery store waste cans, etc. I was a mess. I can distinctly remember CRAWLING drunk down the driveway at 2 a.m. the night before recycling pickup to get the last load out before anyone saw them. If I tipped over my glass bin, it sounded like a glass factory exploded. I live on a hill with a sloped driveway, and if the bin got knocked over during the day when I was at work there would be bottles all the way down to the main road. I used to worry about that. It would have looked like a beer truck crashed.
Soooo frigging glad to be off the addiction treadmill.
ROFL, I just spat my sparkling water across my keyboard reading this! Funny!! I was the same - I could always tell when my recycling bin was getting emptied. Mind you, it doesn't sound that much different now though with all the empty cordial bottles....
Old 03-27-2017, 11:44 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Hi, everyone. I'm feeling a bit seedy, headachy, sniffly at the moment - I think I've eaten something I'm intolerant to, not sure what: too much milk and cheese? or, more probably, sulphites in something. Bit blah, anyway. Never mind, it'll pass.
Stick close to SR, everybody.
Welcome to new folks and lurkers
Old 03-27-2017, 12:14 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Mainc- the chest pains bit is concerning. I think seeing a doctor would be a very good idea.