Notices

Class of March 2017 Support Thread Part Two

Old 03-28-2017, 11:50 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Good morning! Checking in on day #4, just want to say I so enjoy reading this thread and this forum in general. So many people from all around the world working towards the same goal; A better life.

Feeling so tired today, could just sleep for hours.. Other then that, all is well. I hope you all have a great day!
Old 03-29-2017, 12:04 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Dee, that's how I got through the first couple weeks. I had my phone up and the app open BEFORE I drank. It's better to reach out and post or text BEFORE you drink than to post the next day. I know for me it's worked every time to have a "mini plan," especially the first couple of times I went out for required social engagements. One nice thing is that it DOES get easier. Once your sober muscles are developed, you just don't feel like drinking any more.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:05 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Hey Mish !!!! Day 10 for me too. Re the tiredness I am have good quality sleep however I am still waking up tired. It takes me a little while to come around.
The guilty feeling has gone though so that horrible knot in my stomach is there no more. This is going to be the first week that I don't have to put my bottle recycling box out for the bin men.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:20 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Recovered from whatever ailed me yesterday - ended up creeping off to bed for several hours' sleep plus had an early night.
Navy-blue day today, though: anniversary of a family bereavement that no-one else remembers now, which was a bit tough. Might have to speak up and remind some people. Also had an important business appointment today, but I made some plans for what I'd do immediately afterwards and distracted myself from dwelling on it all.
Day 15 I believe.
Stay close, everybody
Old 03-29-2017, 12:27 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry I misunderstood NapsteR

D
Old 03-29-2017, 02:01 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Hi Laika, good for you with over 2 weeks in the pocket! I have an adorable shetland pony and care for her 3 friends as well. How great is that, going to shows with your trainer! Have fun, work hard and take in all the beauty and grace around you. I miss my big ol' horse so much, he died december 8, 2015, age 25, heart attack. The last time I saw him alive I had a terrible hangover, and since then I have been struggling to get and stay sober. So I can give my baby pony (6 yrs old but she'll always be my baby) the life she deserves. The life WE deserve, really. I'll add a picture later

Argillaceous, I did not see you in the back of class, but I wish you would have taken off your invisibility cloak. You seem so nice, we could have been friends So sorry to hear you are in pain, hope you got to meditating. I went to hatha yoga yesterday, it already helped my lower back pain, and I was really relaxed afterwards, maybe you could try a lesson or two? Give your greyhounds a big hug from me <3

Immri I can see how it's a big change, moving from a loud and bustling city to a place where you can hear yourself think Especially if you grew up with crowds of people around you, I grew up in a town, moved to a city, but moved back home. The city was toxic to me, too many temptations, not enough peace and quiet. At first I was a bit bored, but now, with all my animals around me, I wouldn't have it any other way, well maybe really move to the middle of nowhere.

Welcome Lollipops and good to have you back, ChickChick, Lookinforward, letitgo. Dee's right (as usual) we should reach out before we drink. I don't own a smartphone but I usually leave my wallet at home, when I come home with cravings, first I'll hug and play with my dogs, then try to remember to post here before I head out to buy some.

Also I'll make a list of reasons why I quit. Laika just made me remember my horse and I know that will get me through this day. Thanks for that but I have loads of those reasons, I'm sure all of you have plenty as well. Don't let the AV fade them into the background!

Don't forget to eat properly! I find myself substituting alcohol with caffeine and cigarettes. From now on I'll try to only smoke outside, and on set times. To taper the coffee habit, I've got matcha green tea, delicious with a bit of milk and honey. Very healthy and makes me feel like I just had a cup a joe. I'm eating peanut butter and banana sandwiches, very high in energy, and potassium of course. Some vitamins never hurt! Most alcoholics have Vitamin C deficiencies, and I also take zinc, iron, B12, magnesium and biotin, which altogether should help with exhaustion, depression, hair, skin, nails, resistance etc. Maybe have some blood work done to see what you lack.

For those turning in, hope you have a good nights rest and if you're waking up, I wish you have a wonderful sober day.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:21 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Hi Susiegirl, waking up exhausted is tiring huh Seems a lot of newly sober people feel that way but if that's what it takes... Glad to hear the guilt has passed. Just remember that you've turned yourself around, which is the only way to make up for what happened.

Happy you're feeling better physically, Caramel! Sorry about the family ordeal, great that you have a plan in place for that, stay strong, and we're here for you if you want to vent about it.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:25 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Welcome lollipop and those returning...myself included.

I slept horribly (I always do even when sober) but it felt great to not have a headache and remember the night before!

Susiegirl...I get what you mean about recycling bottles..I don't throw them in recycle bc I'm afraid my family will find them. i usually would wait and push 1 or 2 down into the can. One time it was real windy and they bin blew all over. My husband had to go to pick it up and found the bottles. I had been lying that I was not drinking. it sucked having to rebuild trust..that is a science way to live!

Have a great sober wednesday
Old 03-29-2017, 02:25 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Sick way to live...sorry...spellcheck
Old 03-29-2017, 02:35 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

bunch of red grapes.. soo much nicer than a 4 pack nitey nite
Old 03-29-2017, 02:42 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Heres to day 3. Usually get around this point and feel tempted again so if i get a pinch of wanting a drink or even a thought i will come here for support. Know what you mean about the recycling bin. I end up wrapping up bottles in carriers and putting them in normal bin waste or dumping them at bottle bins at the supermarket. When the bins get emptied this week it will feel like a fresh start!!
Old 03-29-2017, 03:03 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Ooh those bins. I drank out of cans, and loved to drink outside. Always cleaned them up neatly in public bins, I had some favorite spots to drink, with a bench, bin and nice view. Then a couple of months ago I met someone, thought he was cute. Appearantly part of his job is cleaning out the bins down my drinking route. Ouch... Though he always waves at me when I see him now (it's near my ponies) that's more than I would like him to know. Maybe he already noticed something missing :P
Old 03-29-2017, 03:27 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Yeah 2 weeks for me.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:54 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Day 18. I managed my cravings last night by heading upstairs to fold clothes, wipe down the bathroom a bit, and general straightening.

Welcome back to those returning and new folks! Indeed the key is stay busy. I think tonight after a quick dinner I'll see if my husband wants to do a quick trip to the mall because we have a $20 coupon that's expiring today. Normally I'd let it go and head to the couch with my wine after dinner-- so this will keep me occupied.

My extreme fatigue is definitely subsiding, also my anxiety.

Have a great sober day everyone!
Old 03-29-2017, 04:32 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

I found out yesterday (Tuesday, 28th) that I have elevated liver values too. Doc prescribed livolin. I honestly did not think that the amount I was drinking was thaaat much but, I guess it was. My dad died from acute liver cirrhosis (alcohol). I mean at the end, he was puking and pissing blood. I hope your new results are better?
Old 03-29-2017, 04:34 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tronics View Post
Thats Great! Dobble digits for you today then! Yes, some days are a lot better then others. I have noticed quite the mood swings these last days. Can suddently feel like crap for no good reason. But I try to just snap out of it and trick my brain into feeling better then I feel. - don`t know a better way to explain it in english :P It works most of the time

Good luck on your dr. appointment! I am going in for new blood testing on monday.. I hope so much my elevated liver values are back to normal.
I found out yesterday (Tuesday, 28th) that I have elevated liver values too. Doc prescribed livolin. I honestly did not think that the amount I was drinking was thaaat much but, I guess it was. My dad died from acute liver cirrhosis (alcohol). I mean at the end, he was puking and pissing blood. I hope your new results are better?
Old 03-29-2017, 06:25 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I was really tired for my first 30 days BeBrave but it got better after that.

D
I'm only on day 9 but man, the fatigue! I'm in bed by 7:30pm when my DS goes to sleep. I get up again at midnight/1am to have a snack and then back to sleep. I was starting to think there was something seriously wrong with me (pregnant or something), lol. So this is common, is it?

And sorry, i'm replying to old posts bc i'm only now going through them. My first sober day was 21st March and most of that week I was more or less deep in depression. Getting better now.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:02 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

My depression is a lot better too. I have cleaned the house from top to bottom today and been for a 3 mile run. I am fitting so much more in my day and its still only 3pm.
Sitting here thinking of a glass of wine but my need for sobriety is winning over the thought. My daughter will be home soon so that craving should pass.
Hope everyone else is winning their battle X
Old 03-29-2017, 07:09 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

day 1 , fingers crossed
Old 03-29-2017, 07:14 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Keep sharing, strength in unity peoples all.