Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 23

Old 04-18-2017, 03:49 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Quick check in. Keep up the good work!
Old 04-19-2017, 08:11 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

August. I saw you have more freeway issues in Atlanta? One buckled under repair? Lovely
Old 04-19-2017, 01:55 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Brief check in, super tired after a day of volunteering.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:23 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Hey OT, glad to see you.
August and Badger, I saw the second freeway disaster in Atlanta. Weird.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:49 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Y'all. STFD on the Atlanta traffic in general and everywhere/all the time....this recent stuff is .... ISIS? Kidding. But it is ridiculous. I20 was fixed promptly but I am still really skeptical that 85 will be repaired by June. It has made problems for so many different directions and surface rds- and the most aggravating (? there are so many ?) part is that it is probably a 500 yd stretch of road that is a single lane on the actual street under the bridge where the fire happened, yet it requires three/four lanes to narrow into it. Did I mention this is a major in town thoroughfare and point where the hwy joins other (75, 400)? Sigh.

POB= P. O. Box. My parents started keeping one here years ago when they started bouncing between the beach house and Atlanta.

I had a good night at work; a really good day actually. I am feeling pretty even again. Have done a lot of reading about anxiety- I am (belatedly) connecting the dots that make a very clear picture of someone with anxiety. I think I always KNEW that was part of my makeup but never quite connected those dots and applied that word (vs depressed or other) to "me." A whole lot of things, behaviors and rxns that I am now seeing in sober me center on anxiety. I guess the last week was really eye opening.

I have a really tough work schedule through Mon. One day at a time!

OT- tired from volunteering must mean it is going well and you're enjoying it??

CAN'T wait for the Ben's Friends group to start Sun. I think this is going to be a big deal for the Atlanta restaurant community and recovery. So grateful to be sober and be a part!

Later all- take care of yourselves-
A
Old 04-20-2017, 07:48 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Cauliflower pizza crust is the new thing. Mrs. Tiles made it last weekend on saturday. The texture is good, almost like flour pizza crust.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:21 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

It's going really well thanks August, always feel pretty tired after a shift though.

Dislocated my knee last night, quite a common problem for me so not that big of a deal, but means I can't really walk for a week or two. Gutted because I was planning on going to a science march in the next couple of days.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:07 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Sorry about the knee OT. What happened?
Old 04-20-2017, 10:00 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

What is it with knees lately?! OT, sorry to hear you are a victim too - mine has been bothering me since the 5K (old surgery/injury, just comes up sometimes) and Cliff's daughter is going through major PT for a hurt knee; they can't quite figure out what the problem is. Feel better, you!

Long night at work. Emotional discussion instead of lunch date before then. Ultimately good but I am spent. And.....work 11 to probably midnight tomorrow and 5 til probably 130 Sat...and.....

Take care of yourselves all-
Lee? Jeni? Who else has been kinda quiet?

A
Old 04-21-2017, 12:27 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyones knees get better and everyone is doing ok

D
Old 04-21-2017, 08:49 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Dee74;6421612]Hope everyones knees get better and everyone is doing ok

D[/QUOT

Wow, the knee thing! Ouchie! Take care Aug. and OT. I have a bad knee, have to use Voltaren cream by Wednesday then my Thursday yoga class does the trick till the next Tues/Wed. I think the Voltaren is still Rx here? I got it in Australia over the counter.

Cold turkey/weaning off meds is tough. Glad that's resolved.

Hello Badge, OOTT, PHRD! Cauliflower pizza crust, yum! Incredible! Haven't found a good vegan cheese yet. Slowly working on that vs. long time vegetarian. Diary is the tough part, I'm trying different substitutes. We will see. Coconut ice cream pretty good.

This weekends agenda includes organizing and counting black shoes, donating some. I have no brown apparently. Very odd clothes issues that have surfaced.

Might have to look into tape measure collecting. Some are too skinny, not acceptable, or too floppy. Dollar store reading glasses are fun OCD items as well.

Xoxoxo
Old 04-21-2017, 11:24 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

I don't get the cauliflower thing....keep seeing ideas from Tasty and such on pinterest and FB....but cauliflower rice isn't rice....

Got lunch covered so I go in at 4!

Hope everyone is enjoying their day.
A
Old 04-21-2017, 12:27 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Just tripped and it dislocated, it's easily done as I have a lack of cartilage in that knee. Pretty used to it at this point but it sometimes it's worse than usual.

Sounds like we're all the walking wounded here.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:56 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Penny- what is Voltaren cream? I haven't heard of it. If it is available in the states, there might be a couple of people I know who should give it a go

Another 1am night. And tonight, I am training again (which is cool- third time this week- they only get "good" servers to do it ) and close so it will probably be closer to 2am. Really excited about first Ben's Friends meeting tomorrow! Gotta look at just today, and getting through Mon night. Fatigue does keep dogging me....it's now been five days back on the anti dep - I remember how exhausted i was when I first started it (in Dec) - maybe this is similar. Patience, grasshopper.....

So I made it through Lent without any ice cream. Bam- problem again once Lent was over. Very much like a relapse, if I am honest- I had a little, then by a couple days later, the whole pint. Ahem. So there's that aspect and the fact that while perhaps it is only really obvious and bothersome to me, I am unhappy with my stomach. I think there's an obvious solution

Have a great Sat all -
A
Old 04-23-2017, 09:46 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Hi OT, PL, August and all you lurker sober-a-rinos.
Try the cauliflower pizza crust, August. If its done right, it's really good, and I'm not a cauliflower guy at all. I heard someone at work talking about cauliflower rice but I haven't had that yet.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:44 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Sorry OOTT, I was super tired last night so I checked up on ya'll before passing out for the night.

Just signed up for my volunteering opportunities throughout May. Had a restless day today, couldn't really focus on anything. Back to college tomorrow which I'm not looking forward to, but trying not to get annoyed about the standard of teaching (or lack thereof).
Old 04-24-2017, 10:51 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Take good care of yourself today OT.

Rainy and cold here (for late April- icky 50s) - kinda hoping they don't need me to host tonight so I can have another leisurely night. But off next two days and it is nearing the 1st of May bill time...

Very excited about the restaurant industry recovery group I am helping to start in Atlanta. It is a much needed thing and as a 503(c) and not AA (though the founder and us two leaders are dedicated AAers) we can promote widely.

Great meeting at my home group and I get to go twice this week!

Lee- how are you? Feel like we haven't heard much lately.

Take care all - nap time for this girl.
A
Old 04-24-2017, 12:40 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Lee's doing great, he texted me earlier today, but still he should check in at the Fort. Check in Lee.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:32 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Administrator

Voltaren is an anti inflammatory gel. It also comes in tablets. I use it a lot.

D
Old 04-24-2017, 06:29 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Lurker saying hi, good posts.