SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of February 2016 Part 23 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/406427-class-february-2016-part-23-a.html)

Dee74 03-18-2017 04:21 PM

Class of February 2016 Part 23

last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-22-a-20.html

D

OldTomato 03-19-2017 12:59 AM

First post. :nyy

August252015 03-19-2017 04:56 AM

Braggart!

Morning all.

PhoenixJ 03-19-2017 05:31 AM

3rd post

PhoenixJ 03-19-2017 05:31 AM

4th post

Badger07 03-19-2017 05:50 AM

Good morning. Unexpectedly having to go to Texas. Mom having another depression event. I will be trading mulberry pollen for cedar. Weekend was good although not a lot of sleep. I got to race my car and see some live music.

PennyLane76 03-19-2017 07:54 AM

(((((Badger))))). Sorry to hear that about your Mom. I'm sure you will be a comfort to her. Depression makes one so lonely.

Weird few days here. No drinking but self sabotage in effect.

Have a good Sunday guys

OldTomato 03-19-2017 02:15 PM

Hope all is well Badger and Penny, keep us updated. We're here to listen/vent at. :grouphug:

Haven't seen much of the outside world the past couple of days, weather has been terrible. Lots of revision done though, trying to fool my brain into thinking developmental psychology is interesting.

Dee74 03-19-2017 03:37 PM

Best wishes for you and your mom badger

D

Leezer 03-20-2017 07:31 AM

Hello everyone,
It has been a while since I checked in. On Spring Break, so I have some time. :)

Did not get into my school of choice, but I am so proud of myself for my effort. If you would have told me a year ago that I would have had the courage to apply to Ivy League schools, I would have laughed. With that said, I think my Achilles Heel was my test scores on the GRE. I had not taken it in many, many years, and I simply did not have time to prepare. My interview and everything went great, but I think the test scores were a sore point, and a weakness for sure.

So....I will be teaching for at least another year, if not for the rest of my career. I am happy and content with this decision. I do believe I will take the test again after actually preparing and maybe be up for another round of applications next year, but for now I am enjoying my Spring Break and life, and have no need to focus on disappointments.

This has been such a great year, everyone. I have completely changed my life, have lost 20 pounds, and feel like I have a life to live for. That is so grand, and I am so pleased.

Hope everyone is great, and Badger I will be thinking of you. It is tough with aging parents, but depression is such a wily beast. It can get the best of us if we are not careful, and is very common in the elderly, but not discussed enough, in my opinion.

Be well, and I will be checking in more now that I have time. 13 months of sobriety on the 29th!
Be good to yourselves,
Lee

Caramel 03-20-2017 12:18 PM

This has been such a great year, everyone. I have completely changed my life, have lost 20 pounds, and feel like I have a life to live for. That is so grand, and I am so pleased.
So happy for you, Leezer - well done! :)

OldTomato 03-20-2017 01:34 PM

Wasn't meant to be this time round Leezer. You're secure in a job and have the opportunity for round 2 if you so wish, winning!

Badger07 03-20-2017 05:22 PM

Hello all. Lee is to modest to say but he is overqualified too.

Well mom has pneumonia. We got it somewhat early. Her body is strong and I am confident she will recover. I am continually reminded though that she will need more and more oversight as the dementia progresses. At this point I can only keep her as comfortable as possible. She has seen the best doctors in the country - Cleveland Clinic.

August252015 03-20-2017 07:24 PM

Oh, Badger- much love to you and your mom. Yes, thankfully you are getting help from one of the very best places. Thinking of you.

Penny- I have been in a weird space too....I'm ok....but I am .... weird. I don't know if it is the cumulative effect of, oh, all the personal stuff...plus long (and one absolutely soul sucking) shifts, working on step 6....meds disruption/dosage last week....definitely find myself isolating and alternately fighting it and not, wanting closeness and running from it. Ugh. Make it all stop, already.

Lee- thinking of you- crazy- I just wrote 13 months on my tomorrow in the planner! What a long way we have come and so much to have ahead.

Going to try for sleep- night, all from the East Coast of the US (oh yeah, first day of spring here was actually....springy!)
A

August252015 03-21-2017 07:04 AM

Morning all-
Lee, I meant to say that your students will be lucky to have you for another year- or more!

Feel better this morning- I went to the early meeting. It had been a few days since one, and what do you know, have proved myself right again that I need 4-6 a week and probably not too many days in between....got some huge props from my boss- who is going to work with me about the ridiculous schedule I got for the coming week- which felt great.

Have a good sober day all-
A

Badger07 03-22-2017 09:55 AM

Where the **** is OOTT?!?!

Badger07 03-22-2017 09:57 AM

Hi Penny, August, Lee and others. Thank your for the hugs and kind words. Nice to know folk are thinking about you.

OT Whats up with your crush? Has your school disruption settled down?

Aug - Glad you are feeling better.

Badger07 03-22-2017 09:58 AM

Look at me. I have a little spittle coming out of my mouth today. I just ate a grasshopper

Outonthetiles 03-22-2017 10:44 AM

Sorry about your mom, Badge.
It's so great that you're sober and able to help her. Imagine if this was a 14 months ago.

Badger07 03-22-2017 12:04 PM

No doubt. I would have a lot more spittle coming out my mouth.