Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 23

Old 04-14-2017, 06:32 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

PHRD, great post. I'm sooo forking proud of all of us.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:38 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Penny Lane, is in my ears and in my eyes. . .
LOL at the 26 hoodies.
I'm OCD on tape measures, I used to buy a couple at the dollar store every time I went. Now it's running socks. I spend serious coin on running sox. No idea why.
Great job dumping the wine. If you're like me, you can't keep any booze in the house. I think there's champange left over from the wedding in a closet, but I have no desire to drink warm fizzy cheap champainge, so that's safe. Beer or vodka, OTOH, would still be a risk for me and probably always will be.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:39 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Phoenix, how's it in Adelaide tonight? You had a post in one of the more public forums today that made me LOL.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:40 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Lee, congrats on 14 months. Text at ya later, bro!
Old 04-14-2017, 06:41 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

OT, any word on the job? No worries, if it's meant to be, you'll get it. If not, you'll get something better. I think being sober makes us great job candidates. I know my work has never been better.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:42 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Another great week, fellow Rock Stars. I cannot tell you how happy I am for all of us. The odds were against us, and we're doing great. It would have been easy to give up and drink and die, but we didn't. We're the ultimate survivors.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:20 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

ootl- hope the post was not too bad. Weather is good today, 1450, Saturday. Gentle Autumn day.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:57 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

No word yet OOTT, not expecting anything for another 4 days. No worries if I don't get it though, there'll always be something else!

Checking in early today because I'm not home tonight. Tomorrow's my first volunteering shift at the science centre. Feeling nervous but excited that I'm pushing myself to do something scary. Was getting a bit bored with the non-stop studying (although I do really enjoy studying).
Old 04-15-2017, 11:23 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

OT- look forward to hearing about the first shift!

Successful April run down. It was funny seeing people in bunny ears (the theme was....Easter....). Beautiful day.

Enjoy your days, all-
A
Old 04-15-2017, 04:33 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Saying hi again while I have time. Weekdays are brutal these days. OT that's such a perfect and healthy attitude! What happens happens and we continue to make the best of what we have and try harder. Aug that stinks about the rx. Do your best to take it easy this next week. Have you tried melatonin for sleep? Is your mind keeping you up? Reading before bed may help your mind get on a different course and it definitely makes me sleepy quickly. Best wishes. Welcome back OOTT. If it makes you feel better PL - my husband has about 10 hoodies. I have my favorite sweatshirt that is a zip up hoodie I wear in the evening. If I'm super freezing I'll wear one of my husbands and with the hood on to try to warm up. lol Happy Easyer Peeps. lol
Old 04-16-2017, 03:14 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Now I really want more hoodies.

Bad headache, rough eve and night ... considering just going home and not church and lunch.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:02 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

OT. These are good problems for you. I see them as windows of opportunity. Don't force a fit as the right one will come along. I know it can be stressful though.

PHRD. I hear you on being busy. My busy season is just getting started. Ugh. It's hard for me to throttle down. It's hard to tell my clients No!!!

I like running socks and tape measures a whole bunch. My socks have to be just the right height. No too tall. Not too short.

The southern college tour went well. We had a good time. I ate too much greasy food and BBQ. Later this summer we will hit FL, CA and TX. She is a good student and has some academic horsepower. Good to have choices. I'm very proud of her.

August and Penny. I am proud of you too.

Happy Easter
Old 04-16-2017, 12:22 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! First shift was brilliant, felt really nervous but ended up having a great time. Helping kids make sciencey things for a few hours a week will look great on my resume.
Old 04-16-2017, 02:06 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

OT- that's great!! Not surprising and super to hear!

Badger...tape measures? That made me laugh. I guess my have-a-million-ofs would be chapsticks. Totally addicted.

So by the time we got to church I was really hurting- headache and starting to have shortness of breath- and just felt like every thing was crashing around me. I texted with my best friend who encouraged me to call dr ER number - I tend to downplay the effect things have on me even though I KNOW better now being a healthy(ish) sober person!- so I wasn't really expecting the five and a half days cold turkey to be a whammy. DUH. And I texted my sponsor who immediately called (I had excused myself from services at this point). Turns out her fiance takes Paxil too and was happy to give me a couple til I can get my Rx tomorrow (ALL pharms closed today, duh) and while my dr said she obviously cannot advise that, getting the med in as fast as possible would be the best thing; she explained that the dramatic cessation of the serotonin was the main culprit of everything I was feeling- the last night I took the med was Tu and I worked Wed and Thu so was fairly active, then we had the race yesterday, but my body just didn't have enough to keep going. I feel much better after taking two of his pills (I guess this is why they say you can experience effects quickly, like in a day or so) and I napped. Going to eat a good dinner and go to bed and get my full rx tomorrow. I feel good that even though it took me a day or so longer than I guess it could have- I asked for help, and took it, and had Cliff with me to make sure it was taken care of the whole way.

Hope everyone has had less drama in their physical lives this weekend!

Lee- all the months post 12 sound fun to say, don't they?!

Take care of yourselves
A
Old 04-17-2017, 07:26 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

OMG. The rx situation is NOT resolved- apparently Humana got a MAIL ORDER request and sent pills to my parents' POB which was old contact info for me. I cannot access it and am being told I have to get an override in order for my pharm to fill the d*mn thing. My anxiety is climbing- I know it WILL get resolved somehow and I WILL get the med but the how part and the when part.....Jesus H on a piece of toast.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:23 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Sorry August. Take a breath. You can solve this problem.

Happy sober Monday, all you Fort Feb Rock Stars.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:28 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry August - but you're right - you will sort this out

D
Old 04-17-2017, 10:29 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Hey guys- home just a bit ago from a night at work that was a-ok. Slow and all but smooth and I had my second time training a newbie. I did get the med situation resolved- and guess what? Now I have extra bc my mom came to town and found them in the POB. Sheesh. Took a long nap before work and have a really long day tomorrow (um, go to bed A!), but am feeling probably 90% back.

Will have to catch up on your lives tomorrow when I can focus! Hope all are well.
A
Old 04-18-2017, 07:59 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

August, what's a POB?
Old 04-18-2017, 11:23 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Relieved to hear it all got resolved August.