Class of February 2016 Part 23

Old 10-30-2018, 04:45 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats again OOTT.

D
Old 10-31-2018, 02:57 AM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Congrats again OOTT - the number 1000 is quite nice. I was actually thinking yesterday of several points along our e-journey that I was "expressing" stuff and you said something very helpful to the effect of "BREATHE, AUGUST" Many hugs for all your support.

Anyone else relate to having a MIL you have to work on acceptance (AA talk, lots of Step one work!!!) and such with? Holy Cow, my fam life recently. Sigh. But prayers, reminders and a husband who actually supports me keeping a distance (that's hard for ME since I naturally want to build rapport) and understands well why she gets to me. I now understand completely why he went all the way to Scotland for college.

Hard to believe another holiday season is upon us. Not sure if I mentioned my step son's near suicide at the end of Sep. He is now doing a daily IOP and very willing to get help. It's been quite a month-ish of me working my program to be best support to Cliff and stay in my own lane, if you will. Very happily, Collin (and often Keegan) are coming to dinner here once a week. Each year our family holidays have been different and this year proves to be looking no different - but with a lot of relationship LIFE experience added to Cliff and my repertoire.

Take care all -
A
Old 10-31-2018, 05:34 AM
  # 503 (permalink)  
Administrator

No experience to share MILwise August but good luck
I'm glad your step son is doing well now

New thread here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...part-24-a.html (Class of February 2016 Part 24)

D