Notices

Class of March 2017 Support Thread Part One

Old 03-01-2017, 07:57 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Day 12. Went to my default restaurant yesterday night which I knew would be a bit challenging. I had to stop the waiter from bringing me my usual beer on autopilot. While he got me my coke a dark part of me kept wishing he would bring me a beer ('hey - not my fault, it just happened!') but besides that, it was all OK. Didn't feel any cravings. I'm blessed that my wife doesn't drink at all (Asian flush) - this makes this so much easier.
Still sleep problems and some anxiety but I can't tell if it's from giving up alcohol or just work-related.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:14 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Joining the group!

Ive been sober since January 8 but just joined the site so March 2017 here I am! I am looking forward to the support and hopefully being able to help others. I have been going through some personal problems with my relationship recently and although it has not turned out the way I would have hoped for the immediate future, i now know I can completely focus on me and my sobriety. Lets all do this!
Old 03-01-2017, 09:49 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard NB
Old 03-01-2017, 11:01 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Day 4 for me so I'll join you sober marchers too! Sending positive thoughts to you all. Have a great sober day 😎
Old 03-01-2017, 11:13 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to you too NS

D
Old 03-02-2017, 12:14 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi marchers

Day 4 for me . Feeling better already just probably more tired. Have a great day everyone. Will check in again tonight when home from work
Old 03-02-2017, 12:31 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

only day 2

so pleased to hear people are doing so well. It might only be day 2 for me but its a special day as i have very rarely in the past got even this far. So another14 hours to go and then i am past my sticky day so to say. Good luck to me and everyone else on another 24 hours sober. We can do this.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:32 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone. Ashamed to admit this but I'm back to day 1.

Feeling confident I can make it through today, but terrified of the approaching weekend. Would love to wake up Saturday without a hangover.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:02 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hi All
I would like to join the March group. I have been reading on the forums for more than a month and am feeling solid and secure enough to think I might be able to add some thoughts and would love to be part of a group. Accountability for me.
This is all very new to me. I have been drinking for what seems like forever, well over 35 years.
I have been sober for 12+ weeks. I have to say that the first few weeks are not very much fun, but I took one day at a time. I would commit for the day, and then the next, and the next. The days go by and then the weeks. If it was an awful day, it was an awful day, but time passes. Just because it did not feel good was not a reason for me to give up. It has been hard, but for me, after the first few weeks, it gets so much better! I went from thinking about alcohol 100 times a day to maybe 10 times a day and most of that thinking is in a more positive frame of mind.

Sugarangel: Every time I had a craving I would move. I would walk. Just get up and walk. Down the street, around my house, up and down stairs. I would walk, swing my arms, stretch, move! It helped me. Sometimes I did not feel like it at all, but within a few minutes my mind and my body would feel better. I kept moving and the cravings would pass.

Looking forward to being part of this group. I want so much to be happy and at peace with myself. I think it will be nice to not be doing this alone.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:29 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by athomeuk View Post
Hi Everyone. Ashamed to admit this but I'm back to day 1.

Feeling confident I can make it through today, but terrified of the approaching weekend. Would love to wake up Saturday without a hangover.
When I slip up, it almost always ends up with me on an bender for the next few weeks... All that shame and self loathing, it doesn't help anything.
Get through today, that's all you need to focus on right now - then you're right back on track.
Positive vibes heading your way!
Old 03-02-2017, 06:38 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by peacefulintent View Post
Hi All
I would like to join the March group. I have been reading on the forums for more than a month and am feeling solid and secure enough to think I might be able to add some thoughts and would love to be part of a group. Accountability for me.
This is all very new to me. I have been drinking for what seems like forever, well over 35 years.
I have been sober for 12+ weeks. I have to say that the first few weeks are not very much fun, but I took one day at a time. I would commit for the day, and then the next, and the next. The days go by and then the weeks. If it was an awful day, it was an awful day, but time passes. Just because it did not feel good was not a reason for me to give up. It has been hard, but for me, after the first few weeks, it gets so much better! I went from thinking about alcohol 100 times a day to maybe 10 times a day and most of that thinking is in a more positive frame of mind.

Sugarangel: Every time I had a craving I would move. I would walk. Just get up and walk. Down the street, around my house, up and down stairs. I would walk, swing my arms, stretch, move! It helped me. Sometimes I did not feel like it at all, but within a few minutes my mind and my body would feel better. I kept moving and the cravings would pass.

Looking forward to being part of this group. I want so much to be happy and at peace with myself. I think it will be nice to not be doing this alone.
Welcome, peacefulintent!
Great post and congrats on 12 weeks.

Totally agree on dealing with cravings. It's crackers, but sometimes I'll just find a quiet space and do ten press ups - it really helps to get out of your head and back into your body for 30 secs.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:41 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I quit in February but I am going to stay in touch here as well. I am working on day 6 AF.
My head is starting to clear out and I am grateful for this time sober.

Good luck to us all.

asixstringnut
Old 03-02-2017, 12:47 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Day 54 for me.Checking in. Today is the first day after my gf has asked for some real time apart. Mayne permenant time apart. We shall see. It seems impossible to deal with at the moment but i know drinking will only make me feel worse. I will not drink today.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:48 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hello all...today is my 2nd day...lot's of anxiety and panic symptoms...not really craving but I am thinking about it...I hope to learn a lot about my fellow recoverers (if that's a word) as we get further into the month
Old 03-02-2017, 12:49 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anton71 View Post
Welcome, peacefulintent!
Great post and congrats on 12 weeks.

Totally agree on dealing with cravings. It's crackers, but sometimes I'll just find a quiet space and do ten press ups - it really helps to get out of your head and back into your body for 30 secs.
I love this idea of doing 10 pushups to deal with a craving! I dont actively want to drink but it does cross my mind. Often.... haha ill be ripped!
Old 03-02-2017, 12:55 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

FB_IMG_1488487355802.jpg

Keep going. Hope this image works. It's a good one.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:13 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome peacefulintent and Sc0ot3r2017

congrats tizzkins - day 2 is great - congrats too to pinky tonggau NS, asixstringnut and anyone else hitting a milestone today!

welcome back athomeuk

did you take a look at the plan link I posted - there's no reason to be unprepared if you're worried about the upcoming weekend?

D
Old 03-02-2017, 05:53 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Day 5....just anxiety....I have to go back to work, at our small town tavern. Just 1030 to 3pm and I don't worry about craving a beer while working but it's Friday so I need to get straight home after. I will get away from the job as soon as possible but I need money till I find another job. Working on it.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:02 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hoping to join this class. I'm on day two again. Like many I have tried over and over to quit usually quitting completely then deciding I can moderate and before I know it I am drinking every night. I know how the pattern goes but yet I keep on repeating it over and over. I'm usually a very happy and optimistic person but the longer I drink the sadder the future looks to me. Today's been especially rough and I keep going over all my regrets in my head.. Hopefully it gets better soon. I hope everyone had a wonderful sober night!
Old 03-02-2017, 07:08 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Oops, I posted that twice.. I miss the app!

Last edited by mandosca; 03-02-2017 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Oops, I posted this twice!