Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 7

Old 03-29-2017, 06:05 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Congrats LLG on day 66!

Hello everyone! We should be closing on our new house on Friday. My stress level is through the roof. There's so much to do with the move and it feels impossible to get it all done in time. But, I'm not going to drink. Looking forward to getting things settled in the new place and being able to relax in a few weeks.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:43 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. Once again I'm checking in late my time. Not sure if anyone's around. I'm definitely feeling uncomfortable tonight. A little uneasiness, a little paranoia (I hope it's paranoia), and a sensation in my liver that doesn't feel great. I'm hoping everything is mental but I tend to get in survival mode when this happens
Trying to coax myself back to sleep by meditating on my liver, squeezing toxins out. Hoping that will distract me.
I saw a light flash outside my window but I'm really hoping it was a car or my neighbor and not someone casing my house.
I haven't felt this unsafe in a long time. Reminds me of almost all of my childhood.
I didn't start feeling safe at night until I became quite a bit more jaded/drunk/had a partner to sleep next to
Issues....

Old 03-29-2017, 10:49 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Am going back to read everyone's posts thoroughly and reply in kind, but first wanted to introduce you to a new member of our class.

And we do have a lovely class.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:52 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Plen- stay indoors- do not take any risks. Do you have candles/torch, radio etc? Keep posting if that helps you. Support to you.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:03 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Thanks
I'm hoping my roommate will just come home soon so there's someone else in the house
I won't go anywhere as I'm just in bed trying to relax enough to sleep
I just wish I felt secure enough putting my earplugs back in
Old 03-29-2017, 11:45 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

im here Plenny, my work computor will not allow me to live chat though. I never thought of meditating to help my body in anyway, except my mind and soul. I will try that sometime!

Badge
Old 03-30-2017, 03:36 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Plenny, I am so sorry.

I posted that pic of the koala before I had read your post. Never would I be so unthinking when one of us were afraid or in trouble.

I've always been proven to be incorrect when I think I have a serious health problem. Not to say that you might be right, but generally it has always been just straight forward anxiety converted into body stuff.

I've noticed a lot of us here have experienced health anxiety, and given the fearfulness you are feeling about seeing that light outside it makes sense that your anxiety levels would exacerbate.

You are not drinking Plenny so you are being kind to your liver. Often as not those little pains we feel around our liver turn to be nothing other than a harmless little pain. I get them too, and they turn to nothing. Anxiety can play some really mean tricks.

I hope your roommate turns up soon, but until then know we are with you as the powerful Nobenders who will wrap a four Iron around the head of anyone who comes near you. I know it's from afar, but I'm sending the SAFE vibe NOW!

Love to you Plenny.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:00 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

When I'm out on the street at night and I see a man approaching I hold a little pretend lantern close to me and it makes me feel safe. Hold that little lantern close to you Plenny. And the 4 Iron.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:19 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that your roomie came back and that everything is OK Plenny

D
Old 03-30-2017, 05:58 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Well, I lost my long post, but here's a short update:

I have been negligent with posting lately; however, I am home from some minor surgery today, so have some excuse to be lazy! It seems that some or our Nobender family have been struggling. Here's a big virtual hug for you, along with strength.

I am 4 months sober, and I can honestly say that I've not been tempted once to drink. I think I have experienced what is called "spontaneous Sobriety". This is addressed some in the alternative threads. It is really quite amazing. Also, I had posted some time back about being concerned with still having liver pain after quitting. I am happy to say, that my liver pain is now gone! Our bodies are really remarkable! After so many years of abusing it, we are working together on our healing.

Love and peace to you all.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:02 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

good one jw- hope you heal quickly and without pain
Old 03-30-2017, 11:52 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Plenny, thinking of you today.

Jillwink, congrats on 4 months. Hope you heal quickly from your surgery.

Today is a little less stressful. We signed papers on the house and it should be ours tomorrow. I've channeled my stress into packing. Keeping busy seems to be a good way for my brain to process stress in sobriety.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:00 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Greetings Fellow Travellers, Nobenders, Classmates. Checking in at 133 days (19 weeks). All going to plan so far, but no big worries to contend with - apart from a recent diagnosis of CLL (Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia). And before you all go into paroxysms of sympathy, it's not the leukaemia that kills you off. It may be incurable, but it is controllable. Anyway, it's something to add to my travel insurance policy - and that's about the most annoying part of it.

So, apart from that, how are we all doing? Does anyone else notice the poor selection of soft drinks in the pubs? I'm almost restricted to lime and soda. The staff look quite taken aback when you ask what soft drinks are available.

Anyway, I'm still keeping the faith, and hoping that you're all keeping the faith too. Rooting for you all.........
Old 03-30-2017, 05:27 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  
Administrator

get well jillwink
Glad it's a manageable condition, Solly

glad the stress is abating, PNW

hiYa Pj

How did things turn our Plenny?

D
Old 03-31-2017, 06:59 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Good morning/evening my fellow travellers. Thinking of you all and wishing you all well. Xx
Old 03-31-2017, 01:13 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Good morning
Bright and sunny early morning here and I have just spent about 5 minutes watching and listening to one of my beautiful little fur babies fast asleep and snoring ever so softly. Cutest. Thing. Ever. Lol
Cyclone Debbie is now out to sea but Lordy lord she did a number on everyone along the coast line of QLD and down into NSW. I heard on the news it was the biggest cyclone to hit in decades due to the size of her and the 2000+ klms of devastation in her wake.
Anyhoo, enough sad stuff....
I am about to hit the pavement and go for my first walk in over a week.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful day/ night xoxo
Old 03-31-2017, 04:07 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend everyone

D
Old 03-31-2017, 04:55 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

I did not drink but I need to come on here and hold myself accountable.

I fractured my finger yesterday playing basketball. It hurt really bad but I didn't realize how bad and I didn't think I needed medical attention. I wished that I could drink some wine to take the edge off and thought about it a lot (not considering acting on it but feeling sorry for myself). It got worse and started swelling up so I went to the medical center where they took X-rays and everything. I did not ask for pain meds but I was hoping they would be offered. I was very surprised and let down when that didn't happen. Yes my finger did hurt but I was more so looking forward to the possibility of getting some kind of high than just wanting the pain to go away.
I have never been into pills and the last time I had any kind of prescription level pain relief was when I had my daughter 8 years ago. Well the pain in my finger progressed over night and today so I went back to the doctor and asked for something to help. He gave me something called Norco 5-325 which is hydrocodone and acetaminophen. I don't have much knowledge about pills but I know the name hydrocodone and I was really excited to think it might do something more than just relieve my pain.
I gotta say I'm a bit let down. I don't know what I was expecting but it was way more than this. Getting high was not the reason I got the medicine but I was definitely hoping it would happen Like since I am not drinking anymore, this was an opportunity to "feel different" and not feel guilty about it. Except I do feel guilty for even thinking that way. There are only 15 and I'm going to take them as prescribed, but I just feel like I need to confess what was going on in my mind.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:07 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  
Administrator

It takes time to change the way we feel LSW, especially if we've thought a particular way for a long time.

You;re showing good insight here - just remember you - the higher you - is in charge , not your AV.

I trust you'll be fine - but if you feel you're starting to use the pills for anything else but pain relief, you might want to go back to your Dr

Just because you have 15 doesn't mean you need to take all fifteen - but ultimately you're the best judge of what pain relief you need.

D
Old 03-31-2017, 05:15 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Lady, I know exactly what you're saying. I was worried about this surgery I had this week, and was kind of looking forward to the drugs for pain I might be given! Well, the Dr. said I didn't need any narcotics, just over the counter medicine. I was relieved, I guess. As Dee said, don't feel the need to take them all.