Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 7

Old 03-31-2017, 05:28 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Lady- if everybody was caught out by what our minds cook up- we would be back in the middle ages, when even thinking someone looks 'hot' was considered a form of adultery.
Thoughts do not hurt, actions do. Turn it around- your thoughts set off a defence 'warning' awareness in you. I think what is significant is you sharing those thoughts. NOT because you actually have a brain and so actually think- but what you doid with that thought. You were honest with yourself. In a lot of ways that is much, much more important than what we think. At lady at a meeting yesterday shared the same- except her finger was dislocated and later was going for treatment and had thoughts about the pain relief.
SO very well done. Just be careful with the ones you have and stuff is all good. Well thought out, well done and thanks for the share.
Old 04-01-2017, 04:34 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

5 months sober today, which I feel is like an April Fools Joke to my old, drunk self. Got up early and went for a run in the dark, and now I'm about to head out to a local farmers market to load up on produce.

Amazing how different (and better) life can be by choosing a different path.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:59 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

I wrote a long post and lost it. So for now I will just say thank you for your responses and it really helped. I'm doing fine with the pills and haven't taken any since 4am.

Have a good day

Congrats Tnek!
Old 04-01-2017, 11:19 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Old 04-01-2017, 03:14 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you're doing ok LSW

Congrats on 5 months tnek!

hope everyone else is doing well too?
D
Old 04-01-2017, 07:19 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Good deal LSW, I liked your post, to keep yourself accountable. Writing things out helps me also, keeps the beast at bay.

Badge
Old 04-01-2017, 11:26 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Hey y'all, everything is ok. Thank you so much for helping me feel like there was a web out there to be attached to. That helps me so much when I'm experiencing that awful anxiety. My roommate came home, and I rationalized the fear away. If someone was casing my house, why would they use a flashlight that is silly.
Lots of my aches and pains have persisted though. My feet, back, liver (?), and joints have been very tender.
But I'm still here and still sober. I know I drop out a lot, but I do come back and read. I often don't know what to say though...
Getting a bit claustrophobic but I'm hoping it'll pass. Bf is also maintaining sobriety at this stage.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:30 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

ALSO, Lsw, I've often wondered what would happen to me if I were prescribed strong pain pills or even muscle relaxers. I have felt for the past 9 years that I'd have to be in a program to help me. I once had a major issue with pain pills
Old 04-01-2017, 11:32 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

AND steely I wasn't worried about the koala I hope you know that. Thanks for having my back
Old 04-02-2017, 01:40 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

My dear friends,

Haven't posted for a couple of days, but am still sober and wouldn't have it any other way. I do however feel the need for a break. I start to feel trapped, too 'attached' to SR, and sometimes it does me more harm than good in terms of anxiety.

Many people remain for life, and I respect that, but for me it starts to become too consuming, so am taking a break for a while.

I care about each and everyone of us.

My love to all, and rock on sober.
Old 04-02-2017, 01:47 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Rock on Steely, my friend.

Badge
Old 04-02-2017, 06:39 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Hey hey peeps,
How is everyone doing?
The weekend just gone, for me, was a bit weird. I thought a lot about having a glass of wine or ten with lunch etc. I didn't of course. But it still annoyed the crap out of me.
Now I am stressing that my resolve will slip and I will think 'one or ten won't hurt'
I suppose I should be glad that I can quite easily tell myself once I open that can of worms I will be back to square dot. And I don't want to undo the last 5 months.
Still freaking frustrating though.
Can someone tell me it gets easier with more sober time? Please
Old 04-02-2017, 07:41 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  
Administrator

The way I look at it Poppy is you had the thought and dismissed it.
That's recovery in action,. or at least thats how it worked for me.

Have the thought is not necessarily a sign you're doing anything wrong...I was not one of those who was never tempted again....but I was able always to remember thats not the me I am now.

It's when you don't have the corresponding ;right' thought that you need to worry

D
Old 04-02-2017, 07:54 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Well, I neglected my sober tools over the past week or two and I'm back at square one. I let the stress of moving get to me and drank for three nights in a row. I'm back on SR today and using every other tool in my toolbox and have made it through my new day 1. It's really depressing to have to admit this to all of the strong Nobenders.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:06 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Ohh rainy don't beat yourself up over it. Dust yourself off (which you are doing) and get back on that horse.
I totally get where you are coming from... my AV was rampant over the weekend. Scary stuff.
Glad you came back here quickly. Be proud of that
Old 04-03-2017, 01:00 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

It's just a blip rainy, nothing to really worry about. Think of all those successful days where you didn't drink, then contrast them with the minuscule amount of time where the AV tricked you.

Then, as Poppy said, simply get back on your horse and carry on. We're all with you rainy - keep the faith.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:33 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Administrator

The important thing is you came back PNW - that is half the battle, honestly

Glad things are ok Plenny...and hope all is well with you Steely

Hiya Badge, PJ and Solly

D
Old 04-03-2017, 07:13 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Thanks for the words of encouragement. My head is back in the right place this morning. The sun is finally shining here and I'm going to go mow the lawn at our new house. Hope everyone is having a good start to the week!
Old 04-03-2017, 07:31 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

As others have said, don't bear yourself up Rainy, new house new beginning!

My drinking season is just starting up, I am now working days, weather is changing, my AV, like yours Poppy is speaking up, just one glass on the patio in the evening, playing with the dogs. If I only could,,,,, I have gone back to when I first started this journey, leaving my wallet at home, no money no chance to stop and buy anything, checking in here, and mostly remembering the horrid paranoia of being "discovered". Its like I am starting all over.

Strong Monday Nobenders-
Badge
Old 04-03-2017, 03:51 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

It is weird, badge. I just had my first, I'm not even sure what to call it...it's not a craving. But today I felt a some physical (or maybe they're just mental) symptoms like I did when I was first going through withdraws. And I thought, a drink would make these go away.

I didn't want to drink, didn't seriously entertain the thought, actually recognized what I was doing, and talked out my feelings. I suppose while 5 months seems like a long time, it is still just the beginning. And the body will go through these changes for some time to come.

Badger, it was actually nice to read your comment. Made me feel not alone.