Notices

Class of February 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 02-23-2017, 05:05 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Hi PurpleCat, I'm one ahead of you on 26 days. Best wishes all.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:22 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

The tiredness is a killer, purplecat.

I am exhausted, and it would be so much easier to do all the things I want to be doing now that my evenings aren't taken up with wine if I had some energy.

I thought that getting sleep that wasn't alcohol-based would be really refreshing; but it takes me ages to nod off, and I still wake up as tired as when I was drinking, if not more so.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:32 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Me too Sue! It will get better though. Day 9 here. Super tired.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:19 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Hi all. I hope everyone is okay. Today is going to be a huge challenge for me. I have a huge craving to drink. Work today was extremely difficult and frustrating. Came in at 4am and I'm about to leave right now (unless some other problem makes me stay longer). I really, really want a drink. So bad. It's been 7 days since I drank (the longest time I've been dry in forever). But I'll do my best to resist. I have to. Getting to 7 days was really difficult. I don 't want to undo all that progress.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:29 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by catlover1989 View Post
Hi all. I hope everyone is okay. Today is going to be a huge challenge for me. I have a huge craving to drink. Work today was extremely difficult and frustrating. Came in at 4am and I'm about to leave right now (unless some other problem makes me stay longer). I really, really want a drink. So bad. It's been 7 days since I drank (the longest time I've been dry in forever). But I'll do my best to resist. I have to. Getting to 7 days was really difficult. I don 't want to undo all that progress.
I have complete faith in you, and am extremely impressed how well you are doing in spite of being on your own. When the urge comes, remember to "play the tape forward". You know how good you feel right now, and you know how you will feel after drinking. It's just not worth it. You got this!
Old 02-23-2017, 08:36 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badger257 View Post
I have complete faith in you, and am extremely impressed how well you are doing in spite of being on your own. When the urge comes, remember to "play the tape forward". You know how good you feel right now, and you know how you will feel after drinking. It's just not worth it. You got this!
Yup - another problem has kept me behind!! My goodness I could murder this day!! Argh! I think I'm going to go to the gym after work. I need an outlet to let out all this frustration today. Booze is usually the outlet but I can't go there.

Thanks for having so much faith in me. Means a lot.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:51 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

catlover

you got this.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:05 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bethshebas View Post
catlover

you got this.
Thanks, Beth.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:27 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  
Meow

I'm cheering for you catlover!
Old 02-23-2017, 10:31 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  
HFA

Originally Posted by catlover1989 View Post
Do you really want to be in here tomorrow posting about how you messed up and are back to day 1? Think about it all the way till the end/tomorrow not just the moment.

You got this
Old 02-23-2017, 11:07 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

You can do it, catlover.

Treat yourself to something good to eat, and an AF drink of your choice, and relax in front of the TV or post on here? Even better if you have a non-drinking friend you could ask over to join you; but we are all here if not.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:26 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Yeah, Catlover . . . you got this!

I also am struggling with being extremely tired. It was all I could do to put my socks on in the morning and THEN have to take them off again at night - geeezzeee . . . too.much.work - lol.

Yesterday I passed on going to a small birthday party because I was so tired. I felt a bit guilty, but you gotta do what you gotta do, right?
Old 02-23-2017, 02:49 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Catlover, you can do this. You'll either feel guilty or not guilty. Choose the latter you'll feel so proud of yourself and have the strength to resist next time the nasty AV harks up. Good luck 😉
Yes, Milly we got to do what we have to. Good plan to skip a temptation.
And I agree with all about this tiredness. I was in bed last night early but still could have slept for hours more this morning. It's all part of recovery. Something must be healing inside. It's 12 days for me. Last night was the first real challenge. I was so tired and couldn't be bothered doing anything. Thoughts of drinking kept going through my head "just one to perk you up". I let them wash over me and drank my peach Fanta. I'm definitely not saving on any calories. I'm trying all sorts of soft drinks. But each one means no alcohol so it's working at the moment.
Congratulations to everyone making it another day no matter what stage we are at. We are all in this together.
Have a good day/night everyone
Old 02-23-2017, 02:58 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

CL- do it for yourself AND the cat. (:-)>
Old 02-23-2017, 02:59 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Lots of good suggestions on here catlover and I personally hit the gym for days like that. It's been that kind of week for me as far as work stress goes but thankfully the cravings haven't been really hit me yet. I am willing to bet that i will have to deal with them tonight as Thursday was a common drinking night in the past for work related stress relief. However I will be at the gym instead of the bar tonight!!!
Keep the sober going everyone!!
Old 02-23-2017, 03:04 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

I'm an outsider from the December class but I come here every day to see how everybody is doing. You are a wonderful class!
Go Catlover, you can make it!
Also, I have a secret admiration for your courage badger.

You guys from the February Class rule!
CK
Old 02-23-2017, 03:13 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great recovery support here guys

Hope you're doing ok catlover?

D
Old 02-23-2017, 03:15 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Random thoughts of insanity right now.....

AV: "You closed a nice deal at work today, you should definitely celebrate by buying some drinks on your way home!"

Me: Bite me.

Old 02-23-2017, 03:20 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Canadian Koala View Post
I'm an outsider from the December class but I come here every day to see how everybody is doing. You are a wonderful class!
Go Catlover, you can make it!
Also, I have a secret admiration for your courage badger.

You guys from the February Class rule!

CK
How sweet of you!

Ohhhhh... secret admiration for badger? No stealing! We need badger, for cheerleading and recruiting and just being a loving, caring, everything GOOD classmate.

catlover, for the love of the kittehs?
Old 02-23-2017, 03:23 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Hi, mind if I join the group?

Today is day 13 for me. It's been a few years since I've been sober this long. It's amazing. But I'm still at one hour at a time.