Notices

Class of February 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 02-23-2017, 03:26 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

You made it!!!! Welcome to the graduating class of We Will Never Drink again.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:27 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Hi spunky!
Of course you should join us. Good going on 13 days!
Old 02-23-2017, 04:11 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badger257 View Post
Random thoughts of insanity right now.....

AV: "You closed a nice deal at work today, you should definitely celebrate by buying some drinks on your way home!"

Me: Bite me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has that exact reply!!!
Old 02-23-2017, 04:18 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome spunkymish
D
Old 02-23-2017, 04:43 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

I. NEED. SLEEP.
Time for sweet dreams... Zzzzz
Old 02-23-2017, 05:15 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Gnight star!!!
Old 02-23-2017, 05:28 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by milly4me View Post
Yeah, Catlover . . . you got this!

I also am struggling with being extremely tired. It was all I could do to put my socks on in the morning and THEN have to take them off again at night - geeezzeee . . . too.much.work - lol.

Yesterday I passed on going to a small birthday party because I was so tired. I felt a bit guilty, but you gotta do what you gotta do, right?
Hope you get some sleep tonight!
Old 02-23-2017, 05:37 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Canadian Koala View Post
I'm an outsider from the December class but I come here every day to see how everybody is doing. You are a wonderful class!
Go Catlover, you can make it!
Also, I have a secret admiration for your courage badger.

You guys from the February Class rule!
CK
*blush* ty koala.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:12 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Welcome to George and Spunkymish! Glad you're here.
I'm really tired, too. I wonder how long it takes for that to get better?
I have put in long hours at work and most nights have been going to AA meetings. I just don't seem to be able to fit anything else in at all.
My room is such a mess. I have money to pay my bills but haven't paid some of them. I feel like I was being more responsible when I was drinking. Not that I'm thinking of going back to it! It just seems ironic to me.
I do know it will get better, though. I am off tomorrow and have to go get some things done on my car, pay these silly bills, meet a friend in the afternoon. It all seems too much. I want to just stay in, watch movies and nap.
Tomorrow is two weeks. Amazing. Now, time to start feeling better!!
Old 02-23-2017, 07:07 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Sober it does get better I promise you. It took me 30 years of drinking to get in the shape that I am in and it won't won't be 2 weeks to snap out of it for lack of better words. Unfortunately that is the way life goes. I have paused long enough in the past to realize it does get better. Feeling all of life outweighs the pain of this transition. We all must stay the course to get back to feeling all of what life offers good and bad.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:17 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Friday afternoon.....hmmm

I'm still tired too....I'm surprised and disconcerted that it has gone on for so long now. Tho I try to keep the days very active to force sleep....dunno if it's
the right thing to do.

Anyway......go and recoat a couple of walls. Really want to finish this painting.

Later....
Old 02-23-2017, 07:24 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

....haven't heard from BGJ for a while.
Hope you're still around....post if you are ok?
Old 02-23-2017, 07:38 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Day 23 in the books, and I'm under two deadlines at work. Two projects to be completed by next week. One is in good shape, the other, eh, not so much. Some personnel issues also have us at a disadvantage (I'm not the issue FWIW )

I will not drink, and I've ramped up the evening woodworking of late to provide myself a creative release. But stress and deadlines and sobriety? It's going to be interesting.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:42 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rascalwhiteoak View Post
Day 23 in the books, and I'm under two deadlines at work. Two projects to be completed by next week. One is in good shape, the other, eh, not so much. Some personnel issues also have us at a disadvantage (I'm not the issue FWIW )

I will not drink, and I've ramped up the evening woodworking of late to provide myself a creative release. But stress and deadlines and sobriety? It's going to be interesting.
All of that stress and still 23 days!!!! Kudos to you.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:44 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Canguy - good to see you. Seems like tired is the theme of our class. :/ I have been wondering about B as well. Hope he's doing well
Old 02-23-2017, 11:41 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
I'm really tired, too. I just don't seem to be able to fit anything else in at all.
My room is such a mess. I have money to pay my bills but haven't paid some of them. I feel like I was being more responsible when I was drinking. Not that I'm thinking of going back to it! It just seems ironic to me.
Sober369, I'm experiencing this tiredness too. I'm sleeping really well but feel that I'm being really lazy.

I think that, when I was drinking, I would ensure that all my chores were done so I had permission to then sit and drink for the rest of the day and so that no voice in my head could criticise my drinking as I was doing everything I was supposed to be doing. Now I don't need to appease any guilt so the chores don't get done as reliably. I'm happy to trade a cleaner house for sobriety!
Old 02-24-2017, 12:37 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Hey. Day 18.
I also blew off a Party this weekend. The people keep inviting me to their house and parties and I keep saying yes and no at the last minute.

I have a vision of drunk me going and being with all the other drunks and feeling like hell owns my soul by 3am.
Or go and be sober me and try try try and have fun at the drink fest.

I'm just gonna be me, stay home and eat olives and go to bed sober. I like that person the best.

Gosh this is all very real.
Old 02-24-2017, 04:02 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone and welcome to all of the newbies. It's been unseasonably warm here and have definitely had some cravings. Have been able to shut up that voice and focus on other things, whether it be exercising, doing chores, cooking or playing with my daughter. Because of the weather, we've been able to take some nice walks. It's fun watching her take everything in and be so excited about the world around her (she's 20 months old). I feel like I'm also looking at everything in a new way too, through sober eyes. It's definitely pretty cool. We have to go into the city for a doctor's appointment today, which I envision going well. Then, may celebrate how well she is doing with some takeout. I'm already thinking of what we may eat and it's only 7 a.m. I hope everyone has a nice weekend!
Old 02-24-2017, 05:10 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Meow

I must have dreamed a lot last night, as I am exhausted. I don't remember anything except for a giant mug of beer. Giant as in measured by feet, not inches.

Crazy.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:52 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Today is day # 20.
Although I have been feeling peaceful, in general, since I quit drinking wine,
I had a panic attack yesterday---- my blood pressure was sky high.

Has anything like this ever happened to anyone else?

I ended up going to my doctor, and she gave me a prescription for an antidepressant. I have never taken medication before, and after reading about all of the side effects, don't want to start.
I slept deeply and I do feel better this morning.

I am aware that I have always been a "worrier", and it has gotten worse over the years, due to multiple traumas. I realize that I have been self-medicating for this, for a significant part of my life, with wine, but during the past year, the wine was also increasing the anxiety.

Will this anxiety get better?