Notices

Class of February 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 02-21-2017, 06:30 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!

Catlover - Congrats on Day 5. Yes, you can definitely beat this!

Dau - 17 days

Standard morning here. Haven't slept well the last couple of nights, but at least I wake up sober. Busy day at work today, so that should keep my mind at bay with distractions. Hope everyone has a GREAT day!
Old 02-21-2017, 06:36 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  
BYB

Nice to read all of the comments here while having my morning coffee and getting ready for a walk. I joined this forum last night and found to be a good place to hang out. For me, this is day 22 after entering detox for the first time. I spent 7 days in detox and when I came home, I had to take my wife to the ER for Anemia and Pneumonia. She spent 3 days in the hospital and had to have a transfusion. She is not a drinker and neither of us have spent much time in a hospital in our lives so both of us going to the ER within 2 weeks was a surreal experience. My wife is hoping to go back to work tomorrow and I went back Sunday night. We have had some family support from her side and mine and I am extremely grateful for that.

I have had 2 bouts of drinking since entering detox. Neither of them made me feel good. Maybe a little better for a couple hours. Each time, I had about 3 to 4 drinks. I din't sleep much at all until the last 2 nights. I slept so soundly, I felt I was almost paralyzed when I got up to pee in the middle of the night. That's a good sign I guess since I had the same feeling when I used a CPAP the first time for sleep apnea years ago.

Anyway, I would like to thank you for all of your comments and support I've received after being on here less than 24 hours.

Have a great day!
Old 02-21-2017, 06:54 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
BH- pardon my ignorance, what is 'RR'?
CL- good about the cats. I have a great respect for snakes. Being in Aust - that ocean rips and white pointers (and spiders) that is reasonable. My son (who is now a good adult I think, does not talk to me no more, sniff), went thru the pet thing. I had a dog. He had crabs, a bearded dragon- then a children's python. Invariably this 'thing' in it's temp controlled aquarium needed feeding- son got bored- so it was my task. I decided to bite the bullet and handle the bloody thing. I learnt then that they do have fangs. It bit me a drew blood. I would only pick it up wearing welder's gloves. A bit later I liked it so much -I draped it around my neck when doing the house work. Sold it in the end. I will not race off and get another one. Perhaps keep your grass short.
Wow . You had a snake? And it bit you? And you draped it around your neck? That's absolutely crazy to me. Absolutely nuts!! I couldn't deal with that. When you draped it around your neck, what was its demeanour like? Like it just lay there?
Old 02-21-2017, 07:06 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BYB View Post
Nice to read all of the comments here while having my morning coffee and getting ready for a walk. I joined this forum last night and found to be a good place to hang out. For me, this is day 22 after entering detox for the first time. I spent 7 days in detox and when I came home, I had to take my wife to the ER for Anemia and Pneumonia. She spent 3 days in the hospital and had to have a transfusion. She is not a drinker and neither of us have spent much time in a hospital in our lives so both of us going to the ER within 2 weeks was a surreal experience. My wife is hoping to go back to work tomorrow and I went back Sunday night. We have had some family support from her side and mine and I am extremely grateful for that.

I have had 2 bouts of drinking since entering detox. Neither of them made me feel good. Maybe a little better for a couple hours. Each time, I had about 3 to 4 drinks. I din't sleep much at all until the last 2 nights. I slept so soundly, I felt I was almost paralyzed when I got up to pee in the middle of the night. That's a good sign I guess since I had the same feeling when I used a CPAP the first time for sleep apnea years ago.

Anyway, I would like to thank you for all of your comments and support I've received after being on here less than 24 hours.

Have a great day!
I hope your wife makes a full and speedy recovery, BYB. Will be thinking about you. Keep posting.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:13 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

BYB - I think that is the part that gets us, is that couple of hours that makes us feel good. For some reason we forget about the other 22 hours that makes us feel terrible. I hope your wife feels better soon!
Old 02-21-2017, 07:16 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

BYB- like wise, hope your partner is okay
CL- no the bloody thing tried to strangle me, but it was not big enough. In the end it settled and explored my face.
The bearded dragon lizard was way cool. It used to sit on top of my head- while snakey was around my neck. Weird feeling the lizard running down my shirt- tickled.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:16 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

I was speaking to a friend last night, who also struggles with alcohol. And he said something very profound to me that I have never heard before, and will add to my "plan"... You always hear that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result. He told me that the more true definition of insanity is: Doing the same thing over and over, KNOWING the result, and doing it anyway.

just thought I would share.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:39 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Old 02-21-2017, 08:16 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
CL- no the bloody thing tried to strangle me, but it was not big enough. In the end it settled and explored my face.
The bearded dragon lizard was way cool. It used to sit on top of my head- while snakey was around my neck. Weird feeling the lizard running down my shirt- tickled.
O.M.G.
I'm glad I'm not getting ready for bed, nightmares...
Old 02-21-2017, 08:44 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

hisssssss
Old 02-21-2017, 08:49 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

*smack!

Shouldn't you be sleeping, Phoenix?
Old 02-21-2017, 09:03 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

0332- tried (60 mins, I think- quiet, mindfulness, breathing technique) NUP!
Old 02-21-2017, 09:06 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Shhhhhh... Sleeeeepyyy..
Old 02-21-2017, 09:10 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Morning all, all good here.
Very busy at work. Need to make sure I do t get complacent. Week 3 and 4 are normally my downfall but I'm liking the sober thing it's working for me.
Gonna stick with it.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:31 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  
HFA

Hope everyone is having a good sober day.
At work things going well.
Im light headed, exhausted, and have a headache from my new hypertension medicine. But I hear those should pass within a week.

Least im sober,
Old 02-21-2017, 10:34 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Good morning, I had a alcohol dream last night, so happy to wake up and it wasn't real! I love snakes so I would prefer a snake dream over that lol
Old 02-21-2017, 10:48 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Hello, everyone. No snakes in my dreams - they would have been nightmares, if so .

I made it through last night, and am at home now after a day at work. I didn't go out on the way home tonight (I did yesterday, and drank lime and soda); but tonight I am really in need of R&R, and maybe an early night, as I have an early start in the morning.

Those of you in the UK could do worse than to check out M&S Rhubarb and Ginger cordial with fizzy mixer of your choice. It is really lovely. They do Raspberry and Elderflower versions, too, and I'll be investing in both.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:21 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

NO snakes here. 0550 Wed. All you people typed too loud and I still cannot sleep.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:39 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Hi all! Just wanted to join, I took myself to the hospital yesterday and they gave me Librium to take home. And I'm here with all the shakes and racing heart and insomnia. Can't wait for it to be over.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:10 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Hi, SinkingFeeling, and welcome