Notices

Class of February 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 02-18-2017, 05:15 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Badger-don't give up! You can do it! It feels so much better to wake up sober, clear-headed and ready to tackle the day.

It's Saturday morning here and I'm gonna start the day (sort of, I've been up since 5 am with my daughter She just went down for a nap) with some cardio, then a smoothie. She and I are going to my Mother's house later on to hang out and have some lunch (gives Dad a little break too). Going to Mom's usually means drinking, but she knows that I'm trying to stop (have stopped). She's making a bacon and cheese quiche and a salad. A coffeecake for dessert. Cheat day!! Haha! Sparkling water with cranberry will be our drink of choice. Looking forward to having a nice, sober time.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-18-2017, 05:37 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hey Badger, Don't give up! You made a start, that's fantastic. Sorry you drank again, but all that means is you need more support and help and a better plan. I did the same thing, I can't recall the exact timing but when I first started, this time, I think it took about a week before I got it together enough to stop drinking completely. That's not a good thing, but that I didn't give up or hate myself or decide I was hopeless, and that I kept trying and making a plan, that's a good thing. Now I have a whole week, and my plan is only getting stronger.
It feels so wonderful to wake up sober and not sick today! I came way too close to drinking last night. Thinking about this moment, waking up with a week of sobriety behind me, feeling pretty good, the whole day ahead, is a big part of what got me through last night.
I didn't realize how tired I was last night. I turned on the news, snuggled up on the couch and fell asleep about 8:30. Woke up at 1 a.m. and got ready for bed and slept really well all night. About 12 hours in all! Wow, did I need that.
I am so excited about today. I absolutely love being sober and not sick and having the whole day ahead of me. Making my book list in a few minutes, getting titles from the book list at the top of this forum and taking it to the library. I love to read about recovery, it's my new hobby.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:43 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Just seeing if my new signature works....
Old 02-18-2017, 06:01 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Day #14 and still staying the course, but yesterday I had the worst cravings yet.
I ate & drank diet soda instead.
I realize now that part of the reason I was triggered is because I felt angry and upset about something , and I have been dealing with this issue for years by drowning it in wine ----drinking so much every night that the anxiety and pain go away and I just don't care.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:46 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hey All,

Day 4 - still not feeling up to speed. Either weird dreams which wake me up or a very hard sleep. Night sweats still too. I woke up feeling grateful that I did NOT give into that craving last night around 10. But I also woke up feeling like I was hit by a truck. I suspect it's from the late night pizza after my sons basketball. Ya think?? Lol.

am really going to stay hydrated today and this time when the cravings hit I'm going to really think them through and figure out what's causing them. I suspect a lot of mine is low blood sugar. I am one who does not eat regularly and I'm going to try and change that in supplementing with some smoothies. Going to try to hit the grocery store today to stock up on more fruits and veggies.

Badger - thanks for your honesty on drinking, but today's a new day and a great day for day 1?? I've BTDT and just quit posting cause I was embarrassed, which lead me longer and deeper into that cycle.

Have a great day all!
Old 02-18-2017, 07:58 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Keep going, Behappy. We are day twins, and I'm still not eating as well or as often as I'd like.

I got load of groceries delivered yesterday, including not-so-healthy but tempting treats, and am making three meals a day, even if they are just things that need heating up. I am not necessarily eating full portions; but I'm hoping that that will come if I get into the habit of regular eating.

I am also going to put together food for lunches at work next week, with the same aim in mind. If I bring half of it home with me, I can eat it later, or the dog is in for a treat . At this stage, anything is better than nothing, I think.

I also bought some breakfast drink things (bananas, oats and honey some sort of milky base) which are fortified with vitamins, and intend to drink one of those before leaving the house on workdays. I got three to try, and will get more if I like the taste.

We'll get there. Day 4 is early days; but also a great start.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:03 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the support. I am back to day 1again. Just that every time I start feeling a bit better. My brain forgets how miserable I felt 3 days ago, and says hey it wasn't so bad. I hate this. But I won't give up fighting.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:08 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Meow

Good for you, badger!
Old 02-18-2017, 11:09 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

This is my 21st day sober and it's going really well. I haven't had any cravings though sometimes I'll catch my mind in some reverie about alcohol and I'll have to stamp on it before it spreads. I don't want to get into an internal debate because I'll lose.
Best of luck everyone.
Old 02-18-2017, 01:18 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

day 13.
Something Ive done differently this time is I am asking for help and admitting that I need help. Actually forming sentences in this regard and seeing the look on someone elses face.

fascinating. am i really doing it this time? gosh something feels different.
something feels different.

thoughts for others, just post. whatevers going on for you, just post.
Old 02-18-2017, 01:31 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Yay Badger! Keep it up!
Sorry you're still feeling so bad Behappy. It gets better!
Asking for help is great Trees. I don't do enough of that.
One week today for me. I had a great day so far. Came home with a load of great reading. But, I'm exhausted now. After sleeping so long last night! I'm going to get in bed with a few books.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-18-2017, 02:16 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badger257 View Post
Thanks everyone for the support. I am back to day 1again. Just that every time I start feeling a bit better. My brain forgets how miserable I felt 3 days ago, and says hey it wasn't so bad. I hate this. But I won't give up fighting.
Badger- day 3 is my most difficult day and I've had so many of them I've lost count. It's a cycle of drink, day one feeling rough, day two feeling slightly better, day three feeling good so have a drink. Rinse and repeat ad infinitum.

This time I booked something I really wanted to do on my day three so that this would hopefully distract me. It seemed to work. It was only going to see a film at the cinema but I don't associate the cinema with drinking and I got home after my normal 'drinking time' so I wasn't in danger once I got home.

I also read a lot about repeated withdrawals and kindling which scared me silly and seemed to give me some impetus this time around.

Keep batting!
Old 02-18-2017, 03:32 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really think asking for help is crucial - noones going to shoot you down or think less of you for asking for help....this is a *support thread*

If you're wobbling, let us know about it - we can help

D
Old 02-18-2017, 04:59 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Having a rough night. .. not going to drink. Just reflecting on how much I allowed alcohol to take from me that I can never get back. Depressing. Most likely the reason I continued to do it. No real point to this, needed to vent and get it out.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:01 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Stick with it Badger...keep pushing along.
Tomorrow morning will be way better
Old 02-18-2017, 05:49 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

Focus on today badger - the past is gone, but we can do a lot with today

D
Old 02-18-2017, 07:29 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

It is the evening of my 14th day and I am still sober.
I am having many cravings and life does not seem that much fun right now without wine.
But I am drinking hot chocolate and reading on here instead.
Good luck to us all.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:40 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your milestone Daucuscarota and to everyone else celebrating a milestone today - no matter what it is

D
Old 02-18-2017, 08:03 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
congrats on your milestone Daucuscarota and to everyone else celebrating a milestone today - no matter what it is

D
Thank you. I greatly appreciate it.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:25 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Night all. 2 weeks for me tomorrow