Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 02-19-2017, 01:20 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Thanks rainy.

Money and housing are absolute stressors and became really depressed, more I think, because it's a family member who is putting the pressure on.

Decided to take the bull by the horns in a practical manner, as well as hope for a bit of poetic justice.....might get a really groovy steely pad.

No such thing as justice, only poetic justice. Putting the work in is going to seal the deal.

Sending positive vibes for your own housing needs and just maybe, the universe will coalesce with us both, and have us sitting pretty.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  
Administrator

I found it a lot easier to get a placement with an advocate Steely, so I'm glad you're going the community housing route

D
Old 02-19-2017, 04:10 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. Thought (too) that the community housing route was better than going through the faceless bureaucracy of the Department of Housing where I'd be stuck at the bottom of the out tray.

Public housing is so difficult to secure, and the waiting list a bit like the refugee 'waiting list'......there is no list. "Pity the Poor Immigrant"...Bob Dylan. A great song.

It is out of the Womens Housing Company, single women with no dependent children. The woman I've hooked up with is very nice, and gets the picture. I hope she will advocate well for me. I need my independence so bad.
Old 02-19-2017, 04:56 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sure you'll get something, even something temporary until the real deal comes up

D
Old 02-19-2017, 09:12 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Greetings everyone.
Nothing much to report for me really, sitting on 102 days, still super hormonal and wanting to punch a pillow, still grazing on chocolate freckles (I have had to move them out of my office so I stop indulging).
I'm not thrilled with this new sugar love I am experiencing. Not thrilled at all.
Think I might look at joining a gym to get some health kick mojo back.
On a good note my coffee intake has decreased significantly that might have something to do with my chocolate intake increase. My god, my photo should be next to the meaning of addictive personality haha.
Hope all is well with the nobenders
Old 02-20-2017, 12:01 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

hello my sober family!
Steely, wow you have fallen face first in the mud pile haven't you? Sucks, can't pick your family, can't shoot em either, (I am sure that is also frowned upon in Australia land anyway). I know you will get your housing worked out and have the Steely mansion you deserve. So glad you are staying away from the bottle, you are right in knowing that it will make a bad situation only worse.

Poppy- hang in there, I am sure everything will balance out soon. My work place is starting a 6 month lifestyle improvement program, involving exercise, mindfulness, nutrition. We are issued a Fitbit that monitors, heart rate and sleep patterns, which will show how screwed up my sleep is as my graveyard shift is killing me. Not sure when we start this, I think the first of the month, it does involve 30 minutes of exercise 6 days a week, which may be the death of me. Anyway I am really excited about starting it and getting fat arse moving again.

Rainy are you still in house hunting mode? With Spring somewhere around the corner the housing market should open up some more for you. Hope so anyway, I am pulling for you!!

Badge
We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. Carlos Castaneda
Old 02-20-2017, 12:16 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Thanks badge I have a fit bit, it's actually a really good motivator to stay on track with exercise, tracking sleep, calories etc.
That is awesome that your workplace is doing that for its employees.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:26 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Hey guys... hope all is well with everyone. Steely, I'm sorry that you're finding yourself in such a horrible family situation, but Badge is right... you can't pick your family (and although I'd love to shoot some of mine... it's frowned upon! lol). You will feel so much better once you're 100% on your own, and the "groovy steely pad" sounds awesome!!

Poppy... the hormonal outbursts have hit me too! I feel sorry for anyone in my path the last few days. It's time to take a break from sweets and concentrate on healthy food/exercise. Maybe that will help balance out the attitude soon?? Hope so because I absolutely hate that feeling.

Badge... that's terrific that your workplace is providing a Fitbit and lifestyle improvement program. Working the graveyard shift sucks. I couldn't do it. I hope you can transfer to a day shift soon.

Starting off this week with a day off. Planning on spending the day with two granddaughters. I'm not sure what plans they will have for me, but I'm sure I will be tired by the end of the day!! At least I won't be thinking of chocolate or booze!!

Have a great day everyone!! Rock on Nobenders!!
Old 02-20-2017, 07:05 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Didn't get a chance to post over the weekend. Was really busy, but have been thinking of you all.
Steely, sorry your going through this at the moment but you sound strong and I'm proud of you. Xx
Badge, sounds good for the health drive at work. I also need to get my rear end in gear and start moving. X
Poppy, hope you feel better soon. Have all that to look forward to. Xx
Hi Abby, November, Trek and everybody else.
Thinking of you LadyShipWreck. Hope all is ok. Xx
Old 02-20-2017, 08:28 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Well, for what it's worth my hand reached mindlessly into a huge bag of butterscotch last night with the wrappers now lying like Christmas tinsel on the lounge room floor. Its now at 2:25am and not a single morsel left (I've searched), and I don't like it either Poppy, never been a sugar fiend in my life.

I reckon Freckles have declined in quality. They used to be big, round and thick, now they're small and thin, and the chocolate is not as good. I really love Freckles, and lament their decline.

Looks like we are all approaching more seriously the need for exercise and diet. Terrific programme offered by your employer badge....total gift...I'd be looking forward to that too. Enjoy, it'll be great.

My plan is to walk to the pool minus the fitbit, but plans take action, so I'll see how I go.

I won't be taking anywhere temporary Dee, just might find myself in the Residential Tenancies Tribunal ha ha. When working I represented many tenants there, and as I say, time to take up my own case. I have this annoying capacity to do for others, but not do for myself. He won't boot me out, but the pressure is on and I don't need it. I need a rich old bloke with a bad ticker.

And it is serious pressure. Not good for a girls self esteem.

Thanks Abriella, enjoy your day with your granddaughters. Three day weekends are great. Booze free even better, we get to enjoy and remember.

Thanks too, Kimmy. Yes, I am feeling strong, and now at least have a plan, and so grateful to be free from the booze. If I were sitting here at 3:00am whilst drinking the scenario would be a whole lot different. Lolly wrappers vs empties....no contest.

Any good news regarding your house hunting rainy? I hope so, you've been looking for a while now. Housing is more affordable in the US than australia, from what I can figure. Sydney housing prices are insane.

Keep on rocking Nobenders.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:58 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Good morning all
Steely, I hope the pressure pi$$es off and you find a great place soon. Sydney house prices are bewildering, I honestly don't understand how/why it is so expensive down there. Not bagging out the state of NSW but literally every morning I see some horrible violent crimes have occurred in the state. Every morning without fail. Must have something to do with the high ratio of people living there I suppose.
QLD gets its fair share of crime too, but we can't compete with NSW. A good thing no doubt lol.
I agree, the freckles have gone down in quality for sure. For some reason I don't get the Allens ones, I like the Kmart brand haha. Cheap and oh so nasty
It's 4.55am here and I am about to get ready for my morning walk.
I cannot believe it's nearly March. This year is flying by and I never thought it would given I have more time now that I am not in a drunken blackout or haze.
Day 103 for mwah. Still hormonal and one of our smoke alarms is chirping every 30 seconds. But can I reach it to change the battery? NOOooooooo! Reminds me of that modern family episode haha.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:49 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Thanks Poppy.

K-mart Freckles

I'm checking them out for sure.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:04 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Still looking for a house. No rush for us. We have another year on our lease (but are very willing to leave this place at any time and pay the fee). So, we're looking to buy the right place. The market is extremely expensive here right now.

I think we're all feeling the same about diet and exercise. Not drinking is becoming easier by the day. But, can't say the same for my food choices. I think a Fitbit makes a big difference for me. I've really upped the exercise the last few months. It doesn't seem to make too much of a difference in the waistline when I'm eating so much sugar. But, my mood is definitely better when I'm exercising. Badge, you'll have to let us know how your work's lifestyle improvement program goes.

I think I need to find a forum for sugar addicts...

Day 90 today!
Old 02-20-2017, 08:46 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

So maybe I shouldn't have deleted that post complaining about what a crappy depressed time I was going through because believe it or not...It got worse. And right now I am not embarrassed to vent.

Well that night, my father and grandmom came to visit (from NC to MI). Literally within 30 min of them arriving, my daughter started complaining about being cold, despite wearing a winter coat inside a restaurant. You guessed it, Flu. And it hit FAST. Later that night, it also hit me FAST. And then I had one of the worst panic attacks of my life and almost went to the ER because I felt like I was going to die. The normal, rational, part of my brain knew that it was anxiety but it still felt very real and I was scared. I understand that this is a hard concept to understand for anyone who has never experienced a panic attack. Well my husband is one of those people. He was at work and I called him in hopes that it might "ground" me. Maybe make me feel like everything was going to be alright. Instead he just kept saying "if you feel like something's wrong, go to the ER. I'm not a doctor". He wasn't being mean, he just didn't understand. Needless to say I did not feel comforted and in fact, I felt worse because I usually don't reach out to anyone when I am having bouts of anxiety and all it did was seem to frustrate him.
Next day, daughter and I are laid up in bed sick. My 14 yr old son has a blood disorder and underwent a splenectomy when he was 6. He takes penicillin everyday because he has compromised immune system. So if he has a fever anything >100.5 he must get IV antibiotics. I was very worried because everyone keeps getting the flu despite being vaccinated, and kept making him take his temp. At 8pm he had 102.5. That's when...

I hit a deer on my way to the ER.

Yep. Everyone is ok! Except the deer, although she did run off. That's amazing considering the ammount of damage done to the car (all superficial but the entire left side is banged up ). She ran into the side of me actually. 2 had ran in front of me and I slowed down to about 50 from 60 while laying on the horn but the damn thing just kept running smack into the side of me. It actually could've been way worse.
Shortly after arriving to the ER, there was a cartoon on in which a deer was hit by a car and then taken to the animal hospital. I thought that was really weird.

So my son and I ended up spending the night in the hospital on Sat. They released him last night and he is much better. My daughter and I still have the flu. I just finished antibiotics about a week or so ago from being sick

On top of it all (warning: males might want to skip this part) My "aunt flow" not only visited me extra early, but decided to extend her stay about 5 extra days. So yeah I basically had a 10 day period. FML. My hormones are WACK.

DId I mention I'm depressed???

Anyway there IS a silver lining , folks..........

TODAY MARKS 3 MONTHS WOO HOO! I made it through everything sober hahahhahaha wow.

And with that, GOODNIGHT
Old 02-20-2017, 08:58 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry all that happened LS, but 3 moths is great and I'm really impressed with the way you held it all together.

I really hope this week is better for you and your family

D
Old 02-20-2017, 09:48 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

CONGRATS LADYSW on 3 months, not on aunt flow hanging around for ages haha.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:52 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

And don't get me started on hormones. Mine currently have a mind of their own, one minute they are calm and cruisy and then BAMM I'm on a war path with anyone and anything that slightly annoys me. And by slightly I mean they don't have do anything other than be breathing in my direction or placed in my way LOL.
I feel sorry for my friends and family who get to endure me for 1 week a month as a moody woman!
Old 02-20-2017, 11:32 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Oh, LadyShipWreck I am so sorry for your weekend, but I have to say I did start snickering, just as I thought your day couldn't get any worse it did. Kind of like a bad movie. And you are so right about the peoples reaction to anxiety attacks, if they have not had one, they cannot understand. Having someone that can talk you through it makes all the difference for sure.

Steely, my friend, how was your day? Did you make it to the pool? Are you still working at the thrift shop?

Nothing much new here in the den, for the most part staying sober and finding my peaceful place in this world seems to be enough right now.

Luv ya Nobenders!

Badge
Old 02-20-2017, 11:40 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

LSW- stress time. You got thru the anxiety, your son is okay, the deer lived- as did all of you. At the end of the day- a good outcome, yes? I know about anxiety attacks. Good you diffused and stayed calmish.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:29 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Oh, panic attacks suck, and that's for sure. I haven't had one for ages and really did, feel like I was going to die. Unless you've had one, I don't think it's possible to understand. Just like some people can't understand why *we* boo hoo, just can't pull up on the grog.

We had a really talented, beautiful, neurosurgeon here, who developed an aggressive brain cancer himself. He spoke of knowing now how different it is for the patient. He thought he knew, but he did not. He also reckoned that the best cure for nausea was a good vomit.

Poor deer rainy, hope the one that ran away is OK. That's a big ding. All my fears were unfounded, you didn't drink and walked away like the deer, safe and sober.

When I relapsed at 8-9 months I was very embarrassed, so maybe my thoughts were there. SR were the only people who hadn't seen me drunk before, haha The last bastion. It was embarrassing.

Really good that you got through it all, and shows that you/we are now seeing the benefits of not drinking, otherwise we would, I suppose. And yes, I did hear you say you were depressed rainy. I am a bit too, and hope you are emerging. What you went through was a bit traumatic I reckon. Probably take a few days to settle down. It's good your son is better. Awful when the kids are sick.

I didn't make it to the pool badge, but I will, I'm gunna. . I'm still working at the op shop but don't know if I really want to. I did it on the spur of the moment, and am now reconsidering.

The women workers, and the rag tag crew that come through are all really great. Worth a novel. But I don't know if I really want to do it. I'm a space cadet. See how it goes for a bit, at least it gets me out of the house and talking to people. I charge the lowest prices haha

I dropped FLO a bit back. Poppy will know Flo Bjelke's Peterson's famous pumpkin scones. It's a NSW /Queensland joke, America. Hey, Poppy?

Jo Bjelke Peterson (her husband) was an extreme right wing Premier of Queensland, and the Broncos use steroids, Poppy haha

I don't know the stats on crime rates Qld, NSW but think it depends too, on what you read, and a critical approach. Sensationalism abounds

I could be wrong, buI heard that crime rates are actually falling. Don't know how they divvy it all up, so the results could be skewed to make it look good. Then again, the entire world is in conflict. Got sober to see the end of the world. What an opportunity!

Seeing that no one took up my anagram challenge., here's a go.

That is, make an anagram out of "Nobenders". I found SOBER in it, but got left with NNDE. It stands for NEVER, NEVER, DRINK ETHANOL