Notices

Class of December 2016 Part 3

Old 01-18-2017, 12:22 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Hey all, sorry haven't been on. Couldn't remember my password or the email I'd registered with but all sorted now.

Still very much sober!! 24 days, yay.

I'll catch up with your posts tonight, hope everyone is well.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:33 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Hello, Class. Doing well...could use some sunshine here in WI. The weather is slowly getting above freezing but, it is very cloudy and damp. Goes right to your bones! Made some soup and bread and just taking it easy.
Take care! ♡CR
Old 01-18-2017, 01:39 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Ok caught up now. Sorry to read those of you with some major family issues. Hugs.

All good here. Have had some moments that I've struggled through but put the head down and kept going. Battling more of a restless, empty, impatient feeling the last few days. Like I want to do something but don't have the motivation or concentration to do it.

It could have something to do with reducing my codeine tables too however. I'm on them legitimately for pain relief, never taken any more than the dose I'm meant to, all oked by doc, but I'm beginning to feel twitchy since getting sober about being on another possibly addictive substance. Don't need that in my life.

Only other news is I told my partner everything. About my past, why I was sober when we first met and how I need to stop permanently now as I can see old behaviours and feelings beginning to re-emerge. I've never told anyone in previous attempts so this was huge to me as it personally felt like I was making a real commitment to sobriety. She took it brilliantly and actually made me cry by saying how strong and courageous she thought I was facing my problems. I now know I have her full support and can be open and honest. Relieved and slightly apprehensive I have accountability to someone close but know that's a good thing for me. No excuses.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:35 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

On day 27. I am starting back working on Monday of next week. I am ready to get back into my job. I travel a lot but am prepared this time to avoid alcohol at all costs. Glad to see everybody that is still hanging in there. I downloaded an app for my phone that helps track the days I have sober. It looks like I was off by one day. Whoops! None the less, I am still on 3 days from getting my 30 day chip. I hope that some of the people that have not posted in a while are still going strong. Keep up the good work everyone!
Old 01-18-2017, 07:33 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Welcome Back Capricallia! Glad to see you are still with us!!!

Good for you laying it all out on the table and even better that it was well received.

RockyMTN, those apps are nice. It's easy to lose track of days but the app keeps it all neat and tidy and even keeps track of how much money you have saved!

Hope we get a few more back that have been missing in action lately and glad for those still here.

I stay pretty busy which helps but the wife and I both do. We don't really watch TV or anything until bedtime. Most of the time drinking doesn't even cross my mind any more and it used to occupy my mind a LOT. I do keep my cold root beer nearby though. LOL

Alarm clock goes off EARLY folks, gotta run. Have a GREAT DAY, NIGHT, WEEKEND ETC.....
Old 01-19-2017, 12:36 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Morning all... day 22 here..had a bit of a wobble last few days. ..it's amazing how the years of drinking leave a lingering emotional baggage , didn't drink, but wanted to, v disappointed with myself for even wanting to. .. but I came on here and asked for help ans advice, which was in my recovery plan, and it worked, problem which was a pulsating blob in my head is now minimised, rationalised and kicked away. Good...
Hope u all happy and sober xx
Old 01-19-2017, 01:32 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's not wanting to or not that typifies a recovery - it's how we react to that desire that is the best measure of recovery, IMO.

I think you did right to reach out - you stayed sober. That's a great outcome

D
Old 01-19-2017, 02:46 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Good morning all!

I'm up super early and feeling so full of energy after a great nights sleep! Today marks 3 weeks sober for me and for the first time in a long time I'm looking forward to the future. My company just went through a merger and our hours of operation changed from 8-5 to 7-6. No one on the East Coast wanted the 7-4 shift so I volunteered. I've worked 8-5 for the last 15 years (and drank heavily for most of them) so this new schedule changes that routine and I'm hoping it will be a good thing. Fighting 5:00 rush hour traffic always left me frazzled and thinking I had "earned" a drink to unwind...

I may use that hour in the evening to stop at the gym if I get crazy with this new healthy lifestyle...baby steps though lol

Have a fabulous Thursday everyone!!!
Old 01-19-2017, 09:33 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Munchkin94 View Post
My company just went through a merger and our hours of operation changed from 8-5 to 7-6.
Wow, that 7-6 schedule is a really long shift no?
I wouldn't accept to work 11 hours a day.

Day 48 in progress, not easy because it's my birthday.
Good news : there won't be the usual destructive party as usual.
I didn't ask for a day of "vacation" for tomorrow...I won't need it!

Have a good day everybody
Old 01-19-2017, 12:16 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Hello Decemberites!

I mentioned yesterday I was feeling a bit off. Its been the same today, although i'm feeling a bit better now. There's a lot going on for me at the moment though, and its that time of year as well when you pick up little bugs. Hopefully it will go away on its own. Its still a walk in the park compared with life whilst drinking!

My little car has been in for its MOT today + a brand spanking new set of brakes. Mechanic said its in great condition! Apart from that i've done a bit more decorating. The living room is starting to come together now, and its starting to feel like its actually my own place at last. I love it

I was at the football match last night. I have to walk through the bar to get to my seat. For a brief moment I thought 'i could.....'. But then I kept reminding myself 'I dont WANT to'. It went away after a few minutes and I enjoyed the game.

Munchkin - agree with Koala, that is a long shift!
Enfin - great job on getting through that sober
Old 01-19-2017, 12:19 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Originally Posted by Koala777 View Post
Wow, that 7-6 schedule is a really long shift no?
I wouldn't accept to work 11 hours a day.

Day 48 in progress, not easy because it's my birthday.
Good news : there won't be the usual destructive party as usual.
I didn't ask for a day of "vacation" for tomorrow...I won't need it!

Have a good day everybody
Our favorite Koala!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Old 01-19-2017, 12:57 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Enjoy your Special Day, Koala!
Old 01-19-2017, 02:02 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Happy birthday koala... a gift of sobriety is so sweet! Have a fab day xxx
Old 01-19-2017, 02:03 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Merci les amis!

I'm having some KFC with a large glass of Pepsi.
No hangover scheduled!
Old 01-19-2017, 02:04 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Had an evening at work today till 8 then I always go to the pub with my friend, so I went and has 2 pints... of lime and soda!!! She had beer and i didn't even want any... didn't care... boom! !! Is it working..sure feels like it!!!

Well done everyone , and BB for walking past the bar... who needs that poison!
Old 01-19-2017, 03:34 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Birthday Koala

D
Old 01-19-2017, 04:32 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Uggghhhhhh! My truck's transmission is repaired and ready to be picked up tomorrow.

Final Cost $1800.00US

It is what it is!!!!!! Sucking my thumb for a bit and drowning my sorrows in an ICE COLD ROOT BEER!!!!!!

On a BETTER NOTE.....Happy Birthday To Koala!!!!!
Old 01-19-2017, 04:54 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

I'M BEING DRIVEN TO DRINK!!!

Not really. But all of a sudden my TV WILL NOT pick up the ONE channel I'm psychologically dependent on. I just "reset" to the default factory settings and it did the whole channel scan thing and when it came back "online," MY channel still wasn't there. This is driving me nuts. At first when I tuned to this channel I got a "No signal" notice, now I can't even tune to that channel at all. It's like the number 59 no longer even exists in the lineup.

Grrrrr . . .

Oh, 38 days sober today! So there's that.
Old 01-19-2017, 05:44 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

I think I phrased that wrong Koala and BBB! I don't have work from 7-6 we just have to have someone from our team available during those hours...I'm only working 7-4. I wouldn't work an 11 hour day either!!
Old 01-19-2017, 06:49 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Koala! Day 28 complete. Feeling pretty good about everything. I have finally come to terms with not drinking. It feels great to finally let it go. I cannot moderate my drinking anymore. Life is so much easier not being in the grip of anxiety and panic. Anyways still taking it a day at a time and working on my 4th step in AA.