Notices

Class of December 2016 Part 3

Old 01-17-2017, 02:59 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Whatever it takes - just for today.

Hi All,

Checking in late, but still here on day 40 and despite still learning how to do life again I am loving being sober! I still read here everyday but for some reason I forgot about these threads? So nice the brain fog has cleared.

Chloe Rose, send some of that rain to Oz will you?

I've struggled in the heat the last few days, it makes me agitated but it no longer makes me want to drink
Old 01-17-2017, 03:25 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday all!

Heading back to the office today for the first time in over a week so I'm a little apprehensive about 5:30, which used to be "Happy" hour at my house. We finally got my daughter a new car on Sunday so she brought mine home. I have to leave extra early since she returned it on empty! The payments are higher than I had hoped for but the money we're no longer spending on booze will cover it.

Have a fabulous day everyone!!
Old 01-17-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by quitter62 View Post
Just a quick check-in folks. 4:25 am and gotta get done and get out the door. Work, Work, Work!
I'm not missing drinking either and am becoming more comfortable dealing with life without reaching for booze at every bump in the road or every celebratory

Day 45

Have a great day all!
Quitter, u doing so well! Make sure u look after yourself too... do.somthing nice not work all the time !!!
Old 01-17-2017, 04:09 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pebbles128 View Post
Hi class! Got home late last night after dropping off grandchild - We had a busy few days - lots of fun! I will talk with the social worker today - not sure what the plan will be but it's out my hands. I'm really worried he will go into foster care but I'm trying not to think about that too much...

Back to the dentist this morning. Tub faucet still leaking. Might attempt that today. Expecting wintery mess coming tonight/tomorrow. I hate driving in snow. Worried I will have to travel out of state re: grandchild...but I NEED to stop worrying about things I can't control! I stopped by the fabric store on my way home (like I need more fabric) I think I'll start on my sister's quilt today.

I will not drink. Day 27.
Pebbles, u doing a fab job being a positive light in your grandkids life... well.done... try mindfulness techniques to ease worry, ground you and and make u feel calmer.... and of course sobriety! Hope the snow isn't too bad ... and fabric!! Yeah... I like wool too and have loads! !!
Old 01-17-2017, 04:10 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Good Morning, Class!
Have a Happy Day!♡CR
Old 01-17-2017, 04:10 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Scruffanie View Post
Hi All,

Checking in late, but still here on day 40 and despite still learning how to do life again I am loving being sober! I still read here everyday but for some reason I forgot about these threads? So nice the brain fog has cleared.

I've struggled in the heat the last few days, it makes me agitated but it no longer makes me want to drink
Hi scruff...day 40 is totally fab.....well done indeed, glad u posted on this thread, nice to meet you
Old 01-17-2017, 04:12 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Munchkin, know what u mean about the end of work... just always wanted to grab a drink to get over it!! Try and distract yourself or grab another treat, drive a different way, go buy some flowes, break the habit!!! Good luck x
Old 01-17-2017, 04:15 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
Good Morning, Class!
Have a Happy Day!♡CR
Morning!!! Well lunch time
Old 01-17-2017, 04:24 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hello class!

Quitter : Congratulations for day 45! Btw, 54 is still pretty young. You have many wonderful years ahead of you and they will be wonderful being sober : you'll be able to enjoy them at 100%

Pebbles : Maybe you could ask Life (my name for God) to take some of your worries out of your hands. Tell Life it's too much for you and that overweight will be removed right away from you as soon as you'll ask. It works for me when I close my eyes and pray for a few minutes. Courage mon amie!

Scruffanie : It's -13° in Montreal...we could use some of that heat!
My car would start easily that's for sure :

Munckin94 : I know too well what you're going through...
I was exactly like you; the "happy hour" was the final goal of all my working days.
My 2¢ piece of advice : change your routine at 5:30 just a little bit. Do something you don't normally do like having a walk around the block before coming in. Also, have yourself a little reward like an icy Coca-Cola or a snack or anything you like. Break the “happy hour” pattern any way you can find and you should be ok. Nobody will force you to drink, you are the one who decides. You can make it.

Have a good Tuesday everybody,
Big koala hug to all of you!
Old 01-17-2017, 04:33 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Originally Posted by Scruffanie View Post
Scruffanie,
Will do...I can scoop it up in buckets because the ground here in Wisconsin is still frozen from the freezing weather! That means lots of deep puddles and some flooding 'cause it ain't got no place to go!
"Splish, Splash"
Old 01-17-2017, 08:17 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hey koala, how u doing today... is life good!??!? It's been a roller coaster here for me, old emotional baggage just reared it's ugly head and for a moment I couldn't breathe... after a while I thought of a drink. ..and thought u silly sod...won't change anything...

So I told myself off and pulled myself up... grrrrrrrrr... we can do this!!!

Sante .... health to us all!!
Old 01-17-2017, 10:27 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Hey all,

Great to hear how everyone is doing. Sounds like everyone is pretty much killing it! Back from work and kicking back for the night & listening to some music.

I just applied for a job actually. Its a research role (which is in essence what my degree is in). It would be a big change for me but i think id be really good at it. I had to do one of those awful competency tests, but ive passed that. Just hope they like my application! They ask you a load of tricky questions and expect you to answer them all in less than 250 words, its bloody impossible!

Quitter - as Koala says, you still have many years ahead of you to enjoy sober im sure .
Old 01-17-2017, 10:37 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

BBB,
Change is good! It keeps you young!
Old 01-17-2017, 01:02 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Good luck BBB... even thought I sometimes like my job and it has many positive aspects. ..I always hanker after research!!! I live too far from a uni thought really.... what kind of thing u into... just don't have to say I just love stuff like that!

I hope it goes well for you, being sober quadrillionuples your chances!!!!
Old 01-17-2017, 01:11 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Good luck BBB... even thought I sometimes like my job and it has many positive aspects. ..I always hanker after research!!! I live too far from a uni thought really.... what kind of thing u into... just don't have to say I just love stuff like that!

I hope it goes well for you, being sober quadrillionuples your chances!!!!
Thanks Enfin I do project / data analysis at the moment, in an IT field, but my degree is in History. Would be nice to put those research skills to use a bit more. Fingers crossed. My job atm isn't too bad at all though so I won't be disheartened if things don't progress.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:04 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BringingBackB View Post

Thanks Enfin I do project / data analysis at the moment, in an IT field, but my degree is in History. Would be nice to put those research skills to use a bit more. Fingers crossed. My job atm isn't too bad at all though so I won't be disheartened if things don't progress.
Hope and change can be great things. .. I hope u get what's best for you! !!
Old 01-17-2017, 04:53 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Just a quick update on the 5:30 situation. I took your advice Koala and Enfin and stayed in the office until well after 5, took a different route home and stopped at the market even though I didn't need anything. I got home around 6:30 and ate a bowl of ice cream while I cooked dinner. Now I'm in bed watching Netflix with zero desire for a drink!

Put a check mark in the Day 19 box!!
Old 01-17-2017, 11:00 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Munchkin94 View Post
Just a quick update on the 5:30 situation. I took your advice Koala and Enfin and stayed in the office until well after 5, took a different route home and stopped at the market even though I didn't need anything. I got home around 6:30 and ate a bowl of ice cream while I cooked dinner. Now I'm in bed watching Netflix with zero desire for a drink!

Put a check mark in the Day 19 box!!
You are totally freakin awesome. ... well done indeed! I'm so proud. You can rally with this and you will again and again until boom... no idea why u went afyer work anyway!!
Old 01-18-2017, 09:54 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Ugh, today has dragged so much. I woke up feeling hungover and have felt off all day. Think i must be coming down with something. Still, gotta keep going. One day at a time
Old 01-18-2017, 10:25 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Day 34, having a slow start today. I've been having sleep troubles the last few nights. I have very vivid dreams and they have mostly been nightmares. My sleep schedule is thrown off and I'm frustrated. Hopefully tonight will be better.

I think what I really need is a vacation someplace sunny. The constant gray of winter gets to me. It's not snowing, or icing, or anything else unpleasant, but it's so drab.