Notices

Class of December 2016 Part 3

Old 01-15-2017, 11:18 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Rocky... nearly at tthe 30 days so you will be able to happily sit on your hands!!! Well done...

Does your name allude to mountain biking? ?? A great sport... that I am too unfit to ever contemplate! !! I have a nice bike, a marin, and dabble... my brother is a fanatic, but he has never drank a thing, totally alleegic/unable to drink. Lucky him...
Old 01-15-2017, 11:21 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I'm sure there was more that 5 of us before.... CuteNGay was here.... who else?? I hope they ok.... Monday morning is not inspiring, but I have prepped for work and am not hungover, I am.almos wildly excited to be in this place...

I have had no sugar for 3 days too, and even exercised. .. aliens must have taken over my brain... this can the happening! !! Dare I hope it might stick... no more lard arse miserable alkie? ????
Old 01-16-2017, 01:23 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back myfdeserveit

D
Old 01-16-2017, 01:44 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Hi, everyone! Woke up super early this Monday morning. The weather is getting warmer... back into the upper 30's - lower 40's. I miss the birds that usually begin singing at about this time...soon enough they will be awakening me along with the sunsise. I am going to make it a "Golden Day"!
(BYW that saying comes from a very fond childhood memory of my little brother and I eating Golden Grahams Cereal for breakfast and as soon as we were finished we would jump on our bikes, ride down the driveway to go out to play yelling, "It's going to be a Golden Day!!" Boy, did we ever make each and every day wonderful and exciting! That's my wish for you, too! Strike 'gold' today or at least feel like it!) ♡CR M.I.A.G.D.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:21 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Good Morning class!!!

A Hearty Welcome Back MyF!!!!! Good on you for picking up the pieces!

4:15am and the girls have already been out and the coffee is brewing. Time to get moving about and get off to work! I enjoy my job so it isn't too bad. Everyone has to WORK so you are fortunate if you can do something you enjoy, Lord knows there were times when I hated it, even at this job (been here 20+ years). It was a few people that made it bad, now we have a great bunch. We all have to slug away together for a common goal, might as well make it enjoyable!

My goodness Chloe, you are always up even earlier than I am! That's a great idea to make it a Golden Day! A big part of life is what you make it out to be!

Enfin, we have lost a few along the way. Hope they all are doing okay and find their way back. Alcohol can get quite a grip on us! The fact that they were ever here shows they are trying. Maybe it will stick the next time. It sounds like you are in a good frame of mind! Confidence is a GREAT thing but be ever watchful for the AV to pop in and try to talk you into that drink.

Congrats to everyone still here, we are starting to rack up a bit of time under our belts. Day 44 here, who would have ever thought that I could pull that off? I even surprised myself!
Old 01-16-2017, 02:53 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
Hi, everyone! Woke up super early this Monday morning. The weather is getting warmer... back into the upper 30's - lower 40's. I miss the birds that usually begin singing at about this time...soon enough they will be awakening me along with the sunsise. I am going to make it a "Golden Day"!
(BYW that saying comes from a very fond childhood memory of my little brother and I eating Golden Grahams Cereal for breakfast and as soon as we were finished we would jump on our bikes, ride down the driveway to go out to play yelling, "It's going to be a Golden Day!!" Boy, did we ever make each and every day wonderful and exciting! That's my wish for you, too! Strike 'gold' today or at least feel like it!) ♡CR M.I.A.G.D.
Chloe. ... so glad to see you!!! Glad u are so happy! !+ it's fab isn't it!!!
Old 01-16-2017, 03:38 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Glad that I am in the Fabulous Class of Dec. '16!
You all are such a treasure to be in contact with!
Together we are worth millions! ♡ya! CR
Old 01-16-2017, 08:13 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Good morning les ami(e)s!

It's nice to see so much energy on a Monday morning!
Yes ChloeRose, we are fabulous lol
Glad to see myfdeserveit back with us.
Always a pleasure also to read you Enfin

Yes Quitter, we all have to work but I took a vacation day today and tomorrow , I have to because I have too many days in my vacation bank (38 days!)
I used to hate my job in the last years but I’ve started to like it again since I’ve quit drinking.

I have a great job with excellent conditions but I couldn’t feel any gratitude since many years.
I was too busy hiding what a disaster my personal life was and I was drinking more every day to forget about it. I was living in hell to be honest.
I see I’m not the only one who went in that endless crazy circle of suffering and pain.
(Sorry for my English, It is difficult for me to write with subtle nuances)

I can’t believe I’m crossing day 46 today…like wow!

I’ll go to an AA meeting at noon (this is far from going in Vegas on my vacation day lol)
It’s good for me to talk live with people going through the same thing as me even if it is sometimes painful and uncomfortable.
I always find something that makes me grow a little bit more in each meeting.

I wish you a good day, thank you all for existing in my life
Big koala hug to all of you !
Old 01-16-2017, 09:45 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Still here, still sober.

I woke up late this morning -- double checked that the alarm on my phone was set, and it was. But as I got ready for work in what little time I had, I thought that at least I didn't wake up late as a result of being drunk or hung over.

It's gross here today and I can't get too excited on a Monday, but I am grateful to be sober and to have a job to go to.

Hugs everyone!
Old 01-16-2017, 10:34 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Hello class!

I'm still here and have still been reading, but haven't had that much to contribute the last couple of days. I've also been so busy with work, painting & decorating, and family commitments. But i still make time to at least read here and sign up for 24 hours sober If i don't post.

A quick look at my sobriety app tells me I am on day 43. I still don't miss drinking even a little bit. In fact at this moment I can't imagine much else worse than taking a drink. I don't want it to be a part of my life anymore. Life is just so much easier and more manageable without it. After suffering years of constant anxiety and depression, i'm mentally in the best place I've been for a long, long time and I don't want to sacrifice that for anything. I've even made some good friends over the past 6 months or so, which after living for so long in isolation, helps immensely.

One thing I do need to be careful of is relationships, as it was one of the factors that set me off last time. I had the confidence to tell a girl I was seeing that I didnt drink, but the reaction I got from her was not positive. Instead of just letting that be it and saying 'its all water off a ducks ass to me', I started questioning my sobriety and in the end, ended up on the complete opposite path I originally set out to be on. I just have to be patient with the relationship side of things and take it very slow. I've lost all my confidence with it, but still, i'm only 24, so there's plenty of time, and now know that I don't NEED a relationship to be happy. I first should work on being happy in my own skin, then other things can follow.

That post ended up being a bit longer than planned, but there we go Off to cook some food. I'm having garlic chicken, cajun fries and veggies. Yum!
Old 01-16-2017, 12:16 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Here a bit late on day 32, but here nonetheless.

Today is kind of a melancholy day. I had some terrible nightmares and couldn't quite shake them off. But I'm not drinking, thinking of drinking.

We've shrunk some in numbers, but I'm glad to see there are still many participating.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:25 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Like they say...it's quality not quantity!
You all are ☆☆☆☆☆! The Best in Our Class!
♡CR
Old 01-16-2017, 07:52 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by myfdeserveit View Post
After initially joining this group in early December I had a major wobble and haven't been on this thread since.

I got myself together though and forced myself to go to an AA meeting, I'm now going to 3 or 4 a week. Well 20 days later and I'm on my longest sober stretch for as long as I can remember. I took the advice given on here and have made a recovery plan which I have referred to quite a few times.

So if its OK I will rejoin my fellow December 2016 quitters with a sober date of 28th Dec.
It's taken me several attempts to get sober and this time around I am both feet into AA. Its awkward at first but I am getting to the point where people remember who I am and I have got a great sponsor. Just keep going and you will be surprised how much it will help. Welcome back!

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Rocky... nearly at tthe 30 days so you will be able to happily sit on your hands!!! Well done...

Does your name allude to mountain biking? ?? A great sport... that I am too unfit to ever contemplate! !! I have a nice bike, a marin, and dabble... my brother is a fanatic, but he has never drank a thing, totally alleegic/unable to drink. Lucky him...
Thanks! I am so close. Day 26 is in the bag just 4 more to go. I am really into mountain biking. I live in Colorado so there are no shortage of trails. Not drinking makes riding way easier and I spent most of last year sober so I know how good it can be. Great way to clear your mind and get fit.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:02 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
Like they say...it's quality not quantity!
You all are ☆☆☆☆☆! The Best in Our Class!
♡CR
Well are top quality!!! A smaller group makes it easier to remember who is here and thus make a connection to you all. .. I feel more supported and likely to want to succeed if I feel that connection. ..
Thanks chloe x
Old 01-16-2017, 11:04 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Rocky - what a place to bike... woweeeeee. ... I love geology too so to you have some awesome rocks and features ... one day my own eyes might get to see !!!

As u know the sobriety will lead to better performance and all round better feeling.. well done! !!
Old 01-16-2017, 11:06 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RayJay View Post
Here a bit late on day 32, but here nonetheless.

Today is kind of a melancholy day. I had some terrible nightmares and couldn't quite shake them off. But I'm not drinking, thinking of drinking.

We've shrunk some in numbers, but I'm glad to see there are still many participating.
So glad to see u too ray Jay. ... what u doing to fill the days ... is there something nice u could do for yourself? ???
Old 01-17-2017, 12:42 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Thunder woke me up early...it has been 'raining cats and dogs' all night. Don't know whether to build an animals shelter or an ark!! Both would probably be floating...
If it were colder we would have gotten 20 feet of snow! Then I would have to build a ski resort.
Obviously, I wake up with great plans for my future...even I they are silly thoughts they make me feel alive with imagination. Sometimes I wake up with sewing ideas. If anyone wants to see my latest projects, you can see some of my centerpieces in my SR home page album. Time for a cup of coffee. ♡CR
Old 01-17-2017, 12:45 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for sharing those Chloe Rose - they look great - they also look like a lot of work?

all you guys are sounding great

D
Old 01-17-2017, 02:25 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Just a quick check-in folks. 4:25 am and gotta get done and get out the door. Work, Work, Work!
I'm not missing drinking either and am becoming more comfortable dealing with life without reaching for booze at every bump in the road or every celebratory occasion!

BBB I must say you appear to be a very wise young man for your age. I wish it would not have taken me 54 years to see the light.

Day 45

Have a great day all!
Old 01-17-2017, 02:47 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hi class! Got home late last night after dropping off grandchild - We had a busy few days - lots of fun! I will talk with the social worker today - not sure what the plan will be but it's out my hands. I'm really worried he will go into foster care but I'm trying not to think about that too much...

Back to the dentist this morning. Tub faucet still leaking. Might attempt that today. Expecting wintery mess coming tonight/tomorrow. I hate driving in snow. Worried I will have to travel out of state re: grandchild...but I NEED to stop worrying about things I can't control! I stopped by the fabric store on my way home (like I need more fabric) I think I'll start on my sister's quilt today.

I will not drink. Day 27.