Notices

Class of March 2016 part 38

Old 12-25-2016, 05:56 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Flat Diet Coke with a little cold French Press or Espresso? I like that !! I will try in the A.M. and let you know

AK - what a day!
Sam - glad you had a great day!
Hey Bobbie
Old 12-25-2016, 06:01 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Take notes. Did it froth? What about sugar? Should the glass be chilled? Is a porcelain mug better? Does it taste better if you face north?
Old 12-25-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas, Marchers!

Had a wonderful, sober Xmas eve and Xmas day. Just feeling so grateful tonight.
Old 12-25-2016, 07:25 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas
I spent the day cooking, it was fun and the food was appreciated. Leftover ham sandwiches and relaxing today
I know it can be a hard time of year so I hope everyone's hanging in there
Old 12-26-2016, 03:44 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hello boring people- boring is good if it means all are having a reasonable time. Boxing day here, proclamation day tomorry. A S/Aus holiday to mark the founding of the new colony at Glenelg. S/Aus prides itself on being the only colony not based on convict labour- although I would argue against that bit. Certainly lots of weird history- Robe- a coastal town was used by Chinese people to get around stop the Chinese laws in gold rush times. They would walk hundreds of miles in sun blasted mallee country- many did not survive. Lots of convicts there too. All sorts of weird stuff. Then again most history is.
Old 12-26-2016, 04:24 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Good morning. Sitting here enjoying my coffee - decided against going the diet coke/coffee route. One of the nice things about being sober is that, while I can still think of stupid things to do, I don't have to follow through on them

Happy Boxing Day, too - I checked out that town, Robe, on Wikipedia. Definitely an interesting history. It looks like a pretty spot. PJ or Dee, have you been there?
Old 12-26-2016, 04:41 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Yep- my Uncle was the C of E priest there. Lots of holidays and school (ugh) camps. Convicts used to try and escape through the mud flats there- sink, never to be seen again. Diet coke and coffee stupid, well silly if done often. I did try it- did not finish it, looked like sludge. Might try again. The good thing also about being sober is being able to do safe, silly things just because it is fun.
Old 12-26-2016, 05:08 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Wow, I never realized what an alcohol gauntlet visiting my family was. Everything imaginable, and everywhere. I never cared before because I didn't want to be seen drinking like a freak anyway, and the bottle was upstairs in my suitcase. That's all I needed. That was my security. Slip away and take a few gulps. Repeat as needed.

But it's not there anymore. So far so good, though. I just tell everybody I don't like orange juice, so I'll pass on mimosas for breakfast, lol. It's all lame excuses, all day.

Today's challenge (and the reason I'm posting right now): I have to get my wife to the airport without stopping for a bottle on the way back. I'm telling on myself because my AV already has the store picked out.

Hang tough everyone. I'm behind in reading, but I'll try to catch up.

Despite the elephant in the room, I'm having a good time visiting. I hope all of you are enjoying family and friends (and sobriety) as well!!
Old 12-26-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Morning!! It's going to be a warm one here today (+9) but rain. No real plans except to dump the wine that my neighbour left at my door late last night. Why do so many people give alcohol as a gift? Ugggg.
Old 12-26-2016, 06:32 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Morning all! Just got done doing dishes and cleaning up from yesterday's dinner. That's the worst part. Hubby is off work today so we're just going to eat turkey sandwiches all day and relax. Santa brought my daughter an Easy Bake Oven so that is on the agenda too.

Hope everyone is doing well. Pelagic, just keep driving after you drop your wife off ... you've got this!
Old 12-26-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Pelagic, good work trying to keep ahead of your AV. My AV is very good at keeping things quiet until it is too late!!

Busy day for me today - thankful for that, and so much more.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:39 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

LB - you're a step ahead of me.....still protesting the sink full of dishes

Pelagic - hope you're home safe and sound

MITA - coffee and Diet Coke....I have no words

PJ - boxing day here too....my youngest just got back from the mall with a new iPad.

Well time to end the procrastination....kitchen here I come.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:40 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hey BBG. How're you doing?
Old 12-26-2016, 08:41 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hey all! Hope everyone is having a great day. Day off-going to visit babies.
Old 12-26-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Hey BBG. How're you doing?
Doin' ok I guess Sam! Still full from yesterday. LOL
Old 12-26-2016, 09:49 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hola everyone! I will be very happy when things return to normal. Less than 70 days until March '17! Anyone giving much thought to that anniversary yet?
Old 12-26-2016, 10:39 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I can only speak for myself, but that original sobriety date no longer holds for me. My date was really Feb 26 or so, and I'm pleased to be closing in on one year of being 95% sober!! I've learned a lot, continue to have plenty of ups and downs, and look forward to continuing to get better and grow.

You've done a great job, Upstairs - I hope you enjoy your milestone when it comes. I recommend Ice Cream.
Old 12-26-2016, 01:24 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

The March date doesn't work for me either....although like MITA I am happy with my progress this year. I have become far more conscious and aware and while I am not there yet I'm moving in the right direction. My theory is if you just keep throwing it up against the wall, eventually something will stick.
Old 12-26-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hi all. Not 40C, 31C today with heavy rain- humidity rising. It is a general theme in a lotof the threads of apart from, of course sobriety- peoples are having a qu8et, low key- family orientated Christmas. Shying away from woo-hoo deals and latching onto food. Turkey and cookies also is a theme. Not too much in the way of most of your guy's weather.
I am still staying very quiet- doing lots of recovery 'homework'= the optional learn as much about me as I can stuff. My time here is rapidly (I sense) coming to a close. Just because of the natural progression of things. I certainly have groan (haha). My SR family continues to be part of that. The stories, shares and experiences of 'normie' people with addictions gives a realistic slant to the 'normal' approach well meaning therpists give. So onwards. Me and sobriety- end of January- on looking beck to volume 2 of my journals (up to number 4) so now 11 months. Considering this time last year....on second thoughts I won't.
Just heard on the news the local govt (S/Aust) is considering legalising possum to be sold as meat in shops. Interesting- kangaroos are on the national emblem- but (so we argue) they are in huge numbers- so are culled. I guess with all the feral goats, camels, water buffalo, foxes, rabbits, cats, dogs, donkeys, horses, cane toads, European Carp - just off the top of my head- we have to preserve the balance.
Have you guys ever thought of eating bald headed eagles?
Finished off another canvas Xmas day- a 9 hour job. Just a how I was feeling piece- kind of dark water ocean colours- greens, blues and a splash of shadow. I like it.
A growing mature acceptance of no family contact. Sad- but bearable, que sera.
Old 12-26-2016, 02:07 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hey! Upstairs, I also do not get to celebrate a year in March. Very excited to celebrate it with you.

Phoenix, I hope you won't disappear on us. I think that's what you were saying. Along with talk of eating strange animals. Bald eagles are endangered, so couldn't eat them if we wanted.