Notices

Class of March 2016 part 38

Old 12-26-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hey everyone ~I hope you all had a great Christmas

I honestly have not been sober the past few nights. I didn't drink yesterday or today, tho. I'm very easily irritable at work, especially today.....I know it's because I need to get back on track, but it's also easy to blame the fact that people suck!!! Sorry, I shouldn't bring my pissy attitude here...just wanted to check in and say hi!
Old 12-26-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

No B- not SR. The recovery place. 6 months of (for me) very hard work. I seemed to have 'passed' with flyng colours. Get my own place- no more communal toilets. I am going to stick to SR like sh.t to fur.
Old 12-26-2016, 03:04 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hola Marchers! I only met a year of cutting back since last march was all. Or joining SR, whatever these groups are. That anniversary. And I am rambling! 😀
Old 12-26-2016, 04:23 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Thank goodness, Phoenix. And that's great! Can't wait till you're out of there.

Upstairs- I can say that my life has changed drastically in the last year. That's a big deal. The relationships I've made since March have been life changing.

Purple, get back on track. You can do it.
Old 12-26-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Obviously in the same boat here....not sober since March, but I feel I have progressed and am SO happy to be part of this class!

Phoenix I believe you asked if I did anything different this Christmas Eve.....ummm, not that I can think of. I ended up at a bar with a couple of friends. Still afraid to look at my bank account. So keep in mind, you guys aren't missing anything!

I attended a Smart meeting earlier - my head has been obsessing about things from the past.....stuff that I know needs to be dealt with and not drowned in alcohol. Bleh! Time to get back into training!
Old 12-26-2016, 05:07 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Purp- prayers. Keep posting
Old 12-26-2016, 05:37 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Something inspiring: NBA player Vince Carter does post-game workouts.....like WHAAAT ~ is that even normal??? Well that explains how he still looks so damn good.....

And I definitely haven't been exercising enough!
Old 12-26-2016, 06:10 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I drove past the exit for a bottle after dropping my wife off at the airport. It was raining and I kept thinking about what I would feel like waking up tomorrow after drinking today--the disappointment. And I thought about all of you--a sense of solidarity really--and I drove on. Of course there's plenty of alcohol to choose from right here with family as well, but I made it through today.

Tomorrow's another day.

Purplrks, you have a lot going on, but you can stick with it. Yes, we all can. Exercise is a New Year's resolution for me (it always is, lol), but alcohol can't wait that long.

As for my one year anniversary on SR in March, yup it won't be one year sober. But I have learned so much here, and worked out so much, and I owe all of you so much thanks.

So, thanks!
Old 12-26-2016, 06:29 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Here is a link on an article about Neuroplasticity and how we can work on our brains each day:

https://healdove.com/mental-health/B...h-10-Easy-Tips

Old 12-26-2016, 08:26 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hi guys
I haven't had a long solid block of being sober but I have really well it's been about a week now. Last night somebody left 2 wine bottles here and I dumped them because they were calling my name. I have had a few life changing events but have managed to not drink during the hard times. I did few times and I immediately regretted it.
I also decided I will be seeking a divorce, I cannot continue the fight with my husband over drinking since he doesn't think he has a problem and can't offer support. It's gone on far too long . Not sure who is still around but hope everyone is doing well. Oh managed to go to in law dinners all week and didn't drink a drop I'm so proud of myself ��
Old 12-26-2016, 08:30 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Administrator

I;m sorry for all thats going on, but I'm glad to see you here Keets

D
Old 12-26-2016, 09:50 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hey, Keets! Good to see you! You've been missed.
Old 12-26-2016, 09:55 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Not much happening. Off 2 donate blood (plasma) tomorrow. They are getting very good at Red Cross- received an email and 2 texts over 2 weeks to remind me. After the first one they texted me to say my first donation had been used at hospital x in a different state. So after tomorrow, I figure another 998 will even the score.
Old 12-27-2016, 04:51 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Morning!!

Keets - good to see you...sorry for all that you're going through.

PJ - donating blood is something I've always wanted to do....very cool that they tell you when it is used

Today is a day home alone for me with no plans. It's the kind of day I long for when I'm working stupid, crazy shifts....but then once it gets here I have absolutely no idea how to spend my time. Lol. What can I say - I'm complicated.
Old 12-27-2016, 05:32 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Don't you hate when sometimes you still wake up feeling crappy even though you did not drink.?! That's me this morning - my neck hurts and my head hurts - I think I just "slept wrong" (I've always thought that was an odd expression)

Keets, great to see you - glad to have you back around!
Purp - Keep moving in the right direction - Inhale the future, Exhale the past
Pelagic - I'm happy for you. We are stronger together, as many have said before
Phoenix - Good luck with all your changes - you've worked hard and are doing awesome things!

See you guys later!
Old 12-27-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Pelagic - great job avoiding the liquor store. Now stay sober today! You can do it.

Samantha - ya think? Just kidding. Enjoy your day off, you've earned it.

MITA - work out those kinks. Have a good day.

Dee - Have a good evening.

Phoenix - you're doing a great job this holiday season. I'm proud of you.

Have a super day, people! Love you all!
Old 12-27-2016, 08:18 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Good for you PhoenixJ on donating blood! I went three for three on giving a pint and then passing out after it was done. The third time they told me not to come back.
Old 12-27-2016, 08:48 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

While I have been away
I had my last round of chemo and have been really super poproactive about my health. I feel the best I ever have since having kids lol. I started eating healthy and exercising a lot, that's pretty much what I do all day now. I am taking the next few months to work on me. I'm working on a plan to leave my husband since I'm currently a stay at home mom it's going to take a lot. The last straw was when I dumped wine on xmas and he had a Johore fit because he was going to drink it. Also he keeps buying me shots and he said one time "it's because I love you" nope not working for me. He cannot be suppportive and doesn't even think his drinking is a problem for me he thinks I just need not join him. I have also been finding empty bottles in his car son he is sneaking around. I have not been drunk once since October just a few drinks here and there and knew better so stopped drinking.

I have also started losing weight the healthy way now not just because I'm recovering from surgery but because i have been working hard. I am the smallest I ave been since kids.

I have also started thinking about the future and summer and vacation time. I am to the point where I'm comfortable knowing if jbgobtobthe beachbor camping I won't be drinking. Before I would think about how I can never drink again and panic. I'm in a good place and the future of not drinking doesn't scare me.

I hope everyone had a good holiday and is staying sober or at least fighting to be.
Something in my attitude changed as it feels easier to cope and not go for the bottle
Old 12-27-2016, 08:58 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

You sound great Keets! It is so good to have you around.
Old 12-27-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
You sound great Keets! It is so good to have you around.
Thanks Bobbie it has taken me a while to get here and a lot of work