Notices

Class of March 2016 part 38

Old 01-05-2017, 09:59 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

I bought a starter kit from Young Living a few years ago. I use some occasionally. I hoped it would be the magic cure for my kids to sleep. You all know how that worked out.

I re-read (skimmed parts too) Diary of an Alcoholic Housewife and while I will devour and use what I can from everything (I also loved and didn't love the movie Smashed) I now remember the part I didn't like about her story - she tried so darn hard to keep her social life - a full one involving dinner parties, book clubs and dinner dates - while her friends got loaded. I wanted to shake her. But, social drinking has never been my big problem so what do I know.

Edited to add: she also used AA and made it clear she couldn't relate to many of the members she first met - I know that was some people's complaint. But as with everything I could relate to many parts. I try to look for the ways we are the same.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:28 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Rushing out to a meeting but wanted to say hello!!! I am gonna try to catch up on the posts later tonight. Love you all!

Day 6
Old 01-05-2017, 11:42 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Apple did you try diffusing in your kids rooms? I usually put lavender on my wee one and diffuse it in his room when I know he's going to have a rough night. I tried vetiver on him but lavender seems to work better for him but vetiver knocks me out!

Reading this book I can't believe her husband continued drinking with their friends the way they did. Thankfully my husband would never do that to me. I think a few of her friends need to be in AA with her!

I'm not looking forward to moms anniversary (in more ways than one). Her birthday was last month and I couldn't make it to the cemetery since the wee one was sick but I saw my sister and her husband were drinking at the cemetery in the pictures. I know there will be no temptation, my mom saw so much alcoholism in her family, her own mother was one and a mean one to boot. Even if I had to white knuckle it (I won't), I wouldn't drink there on that day.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:50 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

About to head home. Will check in again later for accountability. And what the heck...the crud is back in full force. I thought I was getting better!! Waaaaaa.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:29 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi everyone

D
Old 01-05-2017, 04:26 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

I'm home! The only pit stop was McD's to get DD dinner since I'm too tired to make dinner. I'm having left over pasta, and calling it an early night. Thanks for being here and for being you!
Old 01-05-2017, 05:50 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Hello, Recovery Family!

Had drum therapy session this evening.....now if I can only make time for myself to practice......

Watching the movie Swingers

And there's only one month left until Puppy Bowl 2017!!! Feb 5 on Animal Planet

Thanks again everyone for keeping me sober yet another day!
Old 01-05-2017, 05:59 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Puppy bowl!!
Old 01-05-2017, 06:01 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Di Hee.
How r u?
*%#X!*- whoops! hot here today.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:40 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Hi class!! Checking in tonight. A bit of an emotional day at work...one of my employees got a new job and today was her last day....you know that whole happy for her but sad to see her go thing....made me a little weepy Funny thing about emotions is that no matter what they are...happy, sad, angry, frustrated....my first instinct is to quash them with alcohol, so I had to talk myself through it.....which I did with the help of a little distraction in the form of retail therapy...lol

Well I hope you are all well tonight friends....I will catch up on the individuals tomorrow
Old 01-05-2017, 07:10 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Got back from AA. I chaired tonight for the first time. I actually had butterflies in my stomach. Go figure.

Have pleasant dreams.

Have a great day, Aussies!
Old 01-05-2017, 07:34 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Good for you Sam!! Proud of you!

Bobbie!! Yay!!! I bet you did great!
Old 01-05-2017, 07:35 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Time for a hot shower and bed. I may bust out the vaporizer tonight. Livin' large over here!
Old 01-05-2017, 08:51 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

"It is never too late to become what you might have been. "
Old 01-06-2017, 02:43 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Hello mass of clarchers. Hope everyone ok. Interesting day for me -when is it not?. Left early for my community interview- a full 2.5 hours early for a 30 minute bus ride. Checked the official govt. transport bus timetable- wrote down details. Got to stop early. 30 minutes later- no bus. Sent to another stop location by a passing bus driver. Second stop verified by 'local' user and another bus driver. 20 minutes later no bus. Directed to a third location by another bus driver who checked with 'base'. Gave me the bus number, the route and the street. Walked the whole street (about 4k's). No bus, no stops and no set route. 2 hours later, sweating like crazy ( LHS does not sweat- so I can overheat- had water)- temp had already reached 38C- gave up. Lady who I was to meet was ok - rescheduling.

So went to the art class thingy- new person, my muse has moved on. Showed her my stuff- and she iterated if I could put a little more patience in my stuff- she could help me sell it. I was a bit taken a back- considering I only started this 4 months ago. Not letting it go to my head, but. All the low lifes wandered in to 'check out' the new art lady. The last lady was model material. Along with it came all the- I used to be really strong, I am doing this- and want to be a street artist type comments. The same little boys do to impress teacher in grade 7.. So I got up to leave, not wanting to waste my time, get frustrated or say something not nice- but arty lady told me to sit down and proceeded to spend about 30-40 minutes showing me the basics of sketching- using arty principle stuff, not just drawing a duckie and a horsie. I appreciated that.
THEN counselling. I did my homework- reached conclusions and a depth of awareness about my deceased bro (the birthday one) and said I accept this stuff, understand it- time to move on.
Response by the counsellor "Repat that statement'- so I did- 3 times.
The wording changed- so I am not connected yet to my feelings
Response- why are you not connected, are you running away
Next question- ok your have answered that- what are you going to do with that answer.
Next response- OK- So you are going to do this with that answer- what does that tell you.
Next question- You are repeating the same narrative, what is the deep, fundamental, root reason for these responses, questions, feelings, emotions and answers. How do you unpack this. What are you doing to do with this.

And then my brain seized up.
She makes the step work I did with my sponsor look like readies time for kids.
So no amount of writhing, interrupting etc works. I know why she does this. Because I want her to push me as far as she possibly can. I have limited time here- so push myself as far as my alcohol damaged little mind will take. Does not make it a fun experience. The only time I get teary is with her. My past has very little in happy endings. Ugh.
The loonies around me have got over the spirit of family Christmas stuff- one night stands with internet dates, increased use of alcohol outside the recovery place, isolating. One guy seems to be giving up smoking- by drinking.
I have found a resolution to my little toilet issues. My bog is away from main traffic areas- but when the lazy bas..rds run out of their bog paper or their toilet gets filthy- they use mine.
Once again the paper ran out. I did not replace it this time So I now have my own roll. No one else uses it now- not toilet paper- no use. So it stays clean. Small things... I saw one guy run in there, heard the seat slam down. 10 seconds later he comes bolting out seeking another toilet with paper. Small things.

Temp by now was about 42.5. Double ugh.
So I am knackered. No energy, watching pointless doco's and drinking orange/choc tea (thanks Sam).

Was listening to the goon show, now a history of dread noughts. Riveting (literally- ha ha ha). Sick of typing now- I think I will go andtake my beard for a walk.
Old 01-06-2017, 03:11 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep on keeping on PJ

D
Old 01-06-2017, 03:29 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Triple ugh. hi d
Old 01-06-2017, 04:29 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!!

Well another crappy nights sleep. I will be going out today and hunting for some essential oils and melatonin.....hopefully that eliminates the problem

PJ - your bus adventure sounds ridiculously frustrating. Sorry you didn't get to your meeting. On the other hand your toilet "fix" made me laugh out loud....small things

Bobbie - Three words....you are amazing!!

I came across this article this morning and thought I'd share it....curious what everyone's thoughts are;

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/health/m...alia-1.3921655

Well off to start the caffeine drip....happy Friday!!
Old 01-06-2017, 04:31 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

AK, LB and CH (that sounds like some sort of secret code lol) - I hope you all wake up this morning feeling at least a bit better. I believe someone has said this before....Down with the crud!!
Old 01-06-2017, 04:38 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Purplrks - Puppy Bowl!! I don't know what that is but it sounds cute!

Maybe I can enter Charlie...

http://a63.tinypic.com/2mot3i9.jpg