Notices

Class of March 2016 part 38

Old 01-06-2017, 05:36 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Another day and the double crud persists. Head is better though.

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Purplrks - Puppy Bowl!! I don't know what that is but it sounds cute!
It's the answer or counterpoint to the Super Bowl for those who don't care about the sport or the commercials. Very cute, and for a good cause. The Puppy Bowl: Puppy Bowl | Animal Planet

And don't forget the still relatively new Kitten Bowl: Kitten Bowl - See the Cutest Kittens on TV! | Hallmark Channel
Old 01-06-2017, 05:39 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Lol - thanks Thriteenth! And I will say it for you too....down with the crud!!!!!
Old 01-06-2017, 05:53 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Morning BBG! How's your Friday starting out?
Old 01-06-2017, 05:59 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Checking in from the West coast (Best Coast). Still on tiny screen so excuse my lumberjack typing.

Got ambushed by bro in laws wife. Had water in hand when she handed me wine and said, when you're done with the water here's the wine. Everyone tippled till time to leave for dinner. Had to get rid of it somehow. Drank half, waiting for wife to finish, then gave it to her. Bless her she's covering for me. She's got an auto cutoff so no problem there.

I need to figure out the social situation stuff. I stick out like a sore thumb out here.

Hiking today on the coast, Point Reyes, one of my favorites. The hills and the ocean and the birds don't drink. I like that.

I hope everyone is doing well. I've got some catching up to do. Stay cool, stay sober.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:31 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Sam, Thanks. I felt like one of the big kids. Weather and sickness caused several regulars to miss. Someone called me and asked if I would take charge. I know you'll find this difficult to believe - but I'm used to being in charge. ( I hear the chuckle). Anyway, I was nervous about this - a gentlemen whispered to me - step out, say a prayer. I did. Meeting went well.

Phoenix - love the toilet paper solution. Made me laugh. Let us know when your art work is on the market.

Thirteenth - really hope you feel better soon.

Pelagic - I think our class needs to start practicing these words, "no thanks, I don't drink." "Since when?" "oh, my New Year's resolution."

Hope everyone starts getting healthy. This stomach thing is no joke. Seems it is countrywide.

Go be awesome, Marchers! I'm going to.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:34 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Morning BBG! How's your Friday starting out?
Morning Sam. So far so good. Sippin' startin' fluid trying to decide what's for breakfast!
Old 01-06-2017, 06:55 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Pelagic - I struggle with the social stuff too....for instance my staff Christmas party is tonight and I'm not going....avoidance works of course but it's not always possible.....I'm going to try the New Years resolution route next time....thanks Bobbie!!

BBG - I'm in a breakfast conundrum this morning too - but whatever it is it will involve bacon.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:05 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Had to take my littlest to Dr late yesterday as her fever spiked and cough was getting worse ... turns out she has croup. Dr put her on steroid and she is doing much better today. Hopefully our house is done being an infirmary. Still worried about the others getting the awful stomach bug I had. Guess we will see

What does everyone have planned for the weekend?
Old 01-06-2017, 08:58 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Hola! I love the puppy bowl! My dog goes nuts whenever he sees another dog on my TV, so I don't get to watch it as long as I'd like. PJ - sooner or later someone will use that toilet and not check for paper first. That's when you sell them yours by the inch. Money is where you find it!
One thing I was thinking of this morning was how regular my moods have gotten. Before I quit, my moods were all over the place like I had bi-polar. S'all for now!
Old 01-06-2017, 09:18 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Late morning check in from work. I really should be in bed, and I planned to take 1/2 a sick day and bring my work laptop home with me to catch up over the weekend, but I have two afternoon work meetings. I can do this! My nose is a faucet, head feels twice the normal size. I think my body is telling me to hibernate over the weekend (in between basketball games). The good news is AV is nowhere to be found because my brain is so focused on when I can lie down again, lol.

Happy Friday all. Day 5 for me. This feels good, even with the crud.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:43 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Good afternoon y'all!!
Fingers crossed we are crawling out of the hole of crud. Have my daughters birthday and my birthday this month! Dear daughter wants to invite her whole class. Yeehaw. Found a much cheaper way to do that by renting an hour of school pool time followed by pizza. Glad they have that option and my daughter is a fish. Perfect. I usually go to the movies with my mom for my birthday so I need to pick an in-theater movie. Whoo hoo. That's all in a couple weeks so hoping for good health by then!

Also we just booked a vaca for April break to an all-inclusive. Will cross that bridge later.

Thinking of you all!
Old 01-06-2017, 09:53 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

For the love of all....just watched an add for a product that filters out sulphites from your wine....so you can "drink a bottle or two without a hangover." SHUT UP!!!! Makes me so mad!
Old 01-06-2017, 10:02 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

AK - still poison even without the sulphates!

Something useful I learned from the Recover Elevator podcast: your AV will lie to you in your own voice, so sometimes it is hard to recognize. Learning to identify your "false" voice is a skill that takes time to develop. Thought that was pretty interesting

I remember back in March feeling very overwhelmed and not knowing what to trust because my AV was placing all sorts of doubt in my head. I didn't know down from up. It still does place doubts in my mind, but it seems like I am getting better at knowing the real from the false. Now to work on "the F-its"
Old 01-06-2017, 10:19 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Definitely agree it's poison!! I'm "so mad" in a way that means I don't believe it for a second. Some people are allergic/sensitive to sulphites and taking it out could help them I guess from what I quickly read. I am far, far from an expert.

Doesn't matter to me. I don't drink!!

I also enjoy the RE podcasts!!
Old 01-06-2017, 10:36 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Gotcha, AK. My response was partly for me . I could already hear my AV saying, "your problem is with hangovers...if you could eliminate those..." uh, yeah, not.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:21 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

I also like to re-read articles about all the damage the poison does to so many organs. Awful.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:52 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Checking in this afternoon. DH and I decided to go out for breakfast this morning which is one of my favorite things. Then it was off to grocery shop...and eight million dollars later the fridge is once again full. Now I am drinking some tea and contemplating a trip to Chapters for a new book......sobriety is pretty great
Old 01-06-2017, 12:04 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

That's a lot of groceries.

AK - I looked up sulphites and wine. The article I read said if you're getting headaches from wine - it's probable the alcohol. lol

I am bored to tears here. Someone give us an assignment. Please.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:10 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

You should have the seen the comments on the product advertisement. Hysterical. And sad.

Speaking of headaches, I feel mine coming back on again and my littlest's nose is running. No. Just....no.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:23 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

I feel bad for you, Apple. Does it help if I tell you it really does get better and there comes a time when every germ in the universe doesn't end up in your house?