Notices

Class of March 2016 part 38

Old 01-06-2017, 08:18 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Wow, I hope everyone who's under the weather gets well soon! I think I'm one of those with a "fortress" of an immune system. Just lucky, although I swear by an extra 1000 mg of vitamin C every day.

Good job Bobbieka. Something tells me you are a true inspiration in meetings, as you are here on SR.

Kinda beat tonight after too many miles hiking. Beautiful though. I'll be heading home soon. No internet for a couple days, but I'll be thinking of you all, and our brave little class of Marchers.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:28 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Hello Marchies. Still here- cooling down. Been doing my next bit of recovery homework- writing a letter to my deceased bro- what I would say and feel. Then put the letter in an envelope, close it and not go near it until the next self interrogation session. Done. Ugh- with knobs on.
So many sad stories around me. 2 people here in recovery- but aren't. Not drinking, not drugging- not doing anything. Just stay in their rooms- do not accept counselling, so nothing can be done unless they pull out their collective finger. Young- around 30. From VERY good middle class backgrounds- as far as it goes. They have 1 week to miraculously change- if not, they go. No where to go- couch surfing. Oh well, sad as it is= I cannot help them change. If with everything offered here= they cannot change- what can be done, short of something drastic like I went through. So I pass no judgements, offer what little support I can by listening. Que sera..
Old 01-07-2017, 03:31 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Good morning!! I hope everyone who has been ill is waking up feeling better today!! ❤

Heading to the market this morning and then maybe to see the new Star Wars movie FINALLY this afternoon.

Happy sober Saturday friends! ❤❤
Old 01-07-2017, 03:59 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Morning. CRAP nights sleep.

I already take a multi vitamin but thanks Pelagic for the reminder of the extra Vitamin C. We have a box of Emergen-C!

Enjoy Rogue One Sam! I think it starts out slow so be patient.

Que sera, PJ, ain't that the truth...
Old 01-07-2017, 04:03 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Bobbie you're right on the roll calls - I think sometimes just seeing a call out is a enough to jerk us awake. I'm glad it worked for you one day. I hope others reading this realize many of us are still early days and it's never too late to give sobriety another go. What a good New Years gift, in fact.
Old 01-07-2017, 04:11 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

A new years gift...I like that AK. Too often we make resolutions that seem like punishment....gift is better ��
Old 01-07-2017, 04:20 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

That must be why I haven't started in on my running yet - punishment, haha.
In truth I haven't bc of all the sickness. And I KNOW exercise actually would make me feel better and more energized if I just did it. Now I have Mexico to motivate me.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:34 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers. Wishing everybody a safe and sober weekend!
Old 01-07-2017, 06:13 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

PJ - as sad as it is, they must want change. Hopefully it won't take something like what you have lived to get them there. Keep up the hard, yet amazing work you are doing. You are a warrior.

AK - boo on the crappy sleep. Hopefully the littles will take it easy on you today

I was going to power through and go to DD's game this morning, but she said it was okay for me to stay home. So I am taking that extra rest time. If they win today, they play tomorrow afternoon, so I'll go to that one. I also have emergen-c. Need to take some!
Old 01-07-2017, 06:22 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Morning everyone! CRAP sleep here too, AK. My littlest would not sleep in her bed and when I tried to let her cry she just ended up in coughing fits so then I felt terrible.

On a more positive note, today is Day 7 for me so feeling pretty good about that ... need to keep it going, though. Have a big test coming up in a couple of weeks. Every January my husband has his annual business trip and is gone for 4 days/3 nights. HUGE trigger for me. Trying to just stay in today. If I think too far ahead I'm doomed.

Wishing you all a peaceful Saturday. Hope everyone who is sick is feeling better today. Did I mention I hate this time of year?!
Old 01-07-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday, Phoenix!!

I know it's not a merry occasion for you this year. So close your eyes and pretend (don't really close your eyes, you won't be able to read).

You walk into a room and "Surprise!!!" We're all there to wish you a happy birthday! PEaceful Rain made your cake, Sam made your tea. Thirteenth is doing a dance for you, and Pelagic is hosting a game of pin the feathers on the bird. Applekat brought a Star Wars piñata. LB and I sing to you an astounding rendition of The Happy Birthday song.

Happy heavenly birthday to your brother as well. Hugs to you, my friend.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

I know it's not a merry occasion for you this year. So close your eyes and pretend (don't really close your eyes, you won't be able to read).

You walk into a room and "Surprise!!!" We're all there to wish you a happy birthday! PEaceful Rain made your cake, Sam made your tea. Thirteenth is doing a dance for you, and Pelagic is hosting a game of pin the feathers on the bird. Applekat brought a Star Wars piñata. LB and I sing to you an astounding rendition of The Happy Birthday song, with Purple accompanying on the drums.

Happy heavenly birthday to your brother as well. Hugs to you, my friend.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:44 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Hola March people. I am snowed in! I reckon I will need to shovel out my driveway while it's all fluffy, just not now. Upstairs needs another mug of java first.
And I'm at 10 months! Feeling really good too. Maybe I'm alone in this but it seems like I didn't start to really think clearly, sleep without meds, feel really well for around nine months sober. I remember celebrating sixth months and that just seems like years ago to me. Evidently years of very heavy drinking really can depress yer thinking quite a lot. On a sad note I am seriously low on coffee. I even stocked up on groceries Thursday to make sure I could stay in all weekend and I neglected my coffee stores. At least I live alone and won't kill somebody once I run out. Anyways, over and out!
Old 01-07-2017, 07:46 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Best birthday so far, thankyou. Means a lot to me. No cravings for drink. When I think of bro- just sadness and emptiness. Oh well. I am here. He is not. Story takes a new turn, mine. It is going to be a good year. Last year at this time....well go figure me. Star wars is good. The cake would be something with lots of fresh fruit and ice cream based. Coffee of course. Lots of freezing fizzies. Cheese and stuff like olives, peppers etc. Music- Enigma.Robert Miles.
A picnic- with lots of gums- the smell of eucalypts, magpies warbling. Lazy bees bussing. A warm, quiet day with a gentle breeze coming in off the southern ocean. Thank you. all.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:52 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Happy happy birthday Phoenix.!! Thankful you're here with us. Thinking of you today so much. I love the March misfit birthday gathering Bobbie has cooked up. Such a great post it got posted twice!

Old 01-07-2017, 07:59 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

(:-)> x lots
Old 01-07-2017, 08:44 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday, Phoenix!!! Thinking of you today. We all love you
Old 01-07-2017, 08:52 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Phoenix!!!!!

I crashed last night at 9:30. I feel much better....so far. Day 6 here.

Ladybug my husband leaves for 6 weeks at the end of Jan I'm not sure if that is going to be a trigger or a blessing. I get a nice long break from worrying about what to send him for lunch and making dinner every night. I could live on tacos and bean burritos so if I don't feel like cooking I have a quick meal that I could eat days in a row with no problem.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:00 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Happy birthday PJ!!! Sounds like a great party
Old 01-07-2017, 09:02 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post

Thirteenth is doing a dance for you
I think that might be insulting to PJ as I’ve previously described myself as something of a double left footed mule when it comes to dancing. At a recent wedding I didn’t even make the attempt to dance, though I was only a couple weeks out of surgery and apprehensive about doing almost anything. Perhaps I could take you skydiving instead? Happy birthday sir.

I feel you on the holiday and post-holiday stuff, PJ. My brother’s anniversary is coming up so I am not particularly fond of this part of the year. I hate January actually; I don’t much care for its predecessors in December and November either. Lost my joy for the holiday season for other reasons in my teens and this just added to the dislike. There are yet more, really good, reasons on top of these but I’ll spare you a continued whine fest.

I’m planning to start journaling again to explore some of these feelings and maybe finally get some resolution that does not include running or burying them, or blaming myself. Also thinking about very belated grief counseling though it’s always a nice idea that I ultimately bail on.

Congrats on ten, Upstairs. I wouldn’t know as I continue to muddle with stops and starts but I will get there. Snow’s just starting here but if it’s more than a six inch dusting I’ll be surprised.

Sorry to hear about those with the crap sleep. Mine wasn’t good, but it wasn’t terrible. It seems the double crud is fading a bit. Hope everyone else is also improving and those who escaped it continue to escape it. Here's to a restful, restorative and sober weekend for all.