Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 22

Old 02-23-2017, 07:01 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Feeling down tonight. I don't know what triggered it.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:18 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

386 days or:

33,350,400 seconds
555,840 minutes
9264 hours
386 days
55 weeks and 1 day
Old 02-23-2017, 07:20 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

well, I better get busy and snap out of it. This is a danger period. One of the HALT symptoms ....lonely and tired I guess. Tired mostly..it's been an incredible week...I worked flat out on Sunday and Monday... so it hasnt been a short week for me at all.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:21 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Said about some past relationships and how I treated people.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:58 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  
Administrator

We can still get down..but it's just a bad day or bad night now...not a bad week month or year.

I understand regretting the past but the best we can do is make amends... if we can't do that, we can live right and help someone else

D
Old 02-23-2017, 08:42 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:25 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Take care OOTL
Old 02-23-2017, 11:27 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!

You're a good person OOTT. You're sober now, and so supportive of us all here. I understand feeling guilt over the past, but drinking over it is the opposite of the right thing to do. Drink doesn't make you a good person.

I've decided to give myself a day off rather than shooting off to do some work. Still not feeling very well and I have a busy weekend ahead of me. Lazy day it is.
Old 02-24-2017, 04:30 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Evening all. Not very well at all right now. Too much to do right now for my body to be doing this to me!!

Random question, do you hear a voice in your head when reading? (Feel free not to answer, just need to gather some more data for a report I'm doing.)
OT- I was off last night too - not really sure why. It upset me, too, when an expectation of a last night together (so to speak) was derailed - I just went to bed and we discussed this morning but I know I didn't make him feel great. And, re the reading thing- sometimes. I can have a narrator in my head going along with the story. Never really thought about it before you asked- just how I do, I guess.

Off today. Going to feel out what to do before dinner tonight. Perhaps taking it easy is exactly what I need to do.

Take care of yourselves today, everyone. Hugs OT.

A
Old 02-24-2017, 07:11 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Said about some past relationships and how I treated people.
How are you doing today OOTT?
Old 02-24-2017, 08:22 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, long time no see! I just wanted to drop by and congratulate everyone on being sober today! As for me, it has been one year alcohol free today and there's no doubt that I would not have been able to get here without the support that I received through this thread and site! I know that I just disappeared and it probably looked like I went back to drinking like I did the last time I had a year sober but that's not going to happen this time. Life is just too precious without it. Are things perfect? Of course not. Are things better? ABSOLUTELY. I read back a little bit and it's amazing that so many of you are still here... you did it! Whether it's a year, 10 years or a day give yourself some credit, you deserve it! With my one year date approaching I thought about giving myself a gift to celebrate... I thought a lot about it. A getaway? Some Magic cards? A new suit? Nothing really seemed worthy. I finally decided what quite literally the perfect gift to myself would be and it was to quit smoking finally. It has been 3 weeks since my last cigarette and just like booze I know just one will set the wheels in motion so it's a gift that I plan to keep. Anyway just wanted to say Hi and I hope that you all have an amazing and blessed day... keep up the good work!!
Old 02-24-2017, 10:49 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Jobei, it's so great to hear from you and that you are at one year anniversary. We are still active here as you see, so check in anytime!
Guys, a drunk driver from opposite direction headed right towards me spun out and went down a ditch on my side. If I had been even glancing at the radio I wouldn't have time to brake so hard... I almost spun myself . Very very close. .9 am in the morning. Made me think...I never drank in the morning but probably still had alcohol in my system or hungover and definitely wouldn't have fast reflexes. It would have been a major crash. I called the ambulance and police, but they arrested him vs ambulance. Said it was obvious drinking and not shock.
Guys, we have saved our own lives here in a lot of ways. So very thankful .
Xocoxo
Old 02-24-2017, 12:50 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

That's great jobei! I'm so relieved to hear from you and know that you're doing brilliantly!! Keep up with the non-smoking as well. Such an expensive habit.

Thanks for getting back to me August, hope you're feeling better now.

Whoa, Penny. Lucky no one was hurt! You're right, that might not have been the case had you been drinking as well. Sobriety is a life saver!
Old 02-24-2017, 01:27 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Penny- so glad you are ok!!! The morning thing....I did drink in the morning and drove.....now, though, my concern is for Cliff's ex-wife who drinks a lot late at night and the mornings she takes K to school....knowing that we (sober ones) can at least do our correct part out there is a huge relief. Take care.

OOTT- hugs and thinking of you.

OT- I am ok- it's been a pretty normal day with a good meeting. How are you doing?

Jobei- hi and congrats! Love hearing those kind of posts!

Late start to getting ready for dinner in the suburbs (ughhhhh Atlanta traffic)....so gotta scoot-
Happy Fri eve all-
Take care of yourselves,
A
Old 02-24-2017, 03:29 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PennyLane76 View Post
How are you doing today OOTT?
Okay, but still sort of sad about some past stuff.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:32 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ok..what are you gonna do about the past stuff OOTT?

D
Old 02-24-2017, 04:02 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Fantastic news, Jobei.....
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY
It's incredible how great we're all doing. I am sooooo proud of you... Well, all of us, actually.

Congrats on NEXT STEP, too, which is quitting smoking. I think that fits in with Dee's "recovery plan" theme, which I just call moving forward at all times. It's not just enough to not drink, there has to be a next step. Lee and I are currently doing a career focus/back to the gym thing, and it's working. Quitting smoking is a fantastic and logical next step, jobei!
Sober.
Is.
Better.
Old 02-24-2017, 04:31 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats again Jobei

D
Old 02-24-2017, 06:10 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Wow! Busy group! OOTT - 1. It was a helacious week for me and my whole team at work. Something must be messed up with planets or something. Longest week in a long time. Get some extra rest, tell your brain to shut up about the past just like you told AV to shut up! OT I don't usually hear the narrators voice but I definitely see the people and places. Lee- glad you made a decision. Aug you sound like you are doing amazing! Badger - ditto on what I told OOTT. No letting your brain get the best of you. Onward and upward. PL that is so freakin scary. PJ I almost moved to Adelaide once.... Small world. Hi job! Thanks for checking in. Well other than a miserable week of things going weong my hair is still on fire and I'm so blessed and happy to be booze free. If I could just impliment some regular exercise I'd be 100% rocking the challenge to be super healthy. For everyone. I'm sure the one year mark can feel old. Like time to relax. Its not. And pay attention to HALT even more. Spring is on the way and with it comes the promise of fresh begininings, sunshine and pleasant surprises. Expect great things and will them to happen. Why not?
Old 02-24-2017, 06:30 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

PHRD- we got trees and EVERYTHING here in AdealyeD.