Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 22

Old 03-13-2017, 10:45 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Ugh. Allergies still hitting hard. I'll survive. Just have to stay indoors for awhile

OT. That good to hear. Don't let love hurt your studies too much.

Where is Mel? He has not been around in forever.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:29 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Exam went as well as can be expected. Don't think I've posted it on here much (if at all) but I've been in a war against my college. I knew the standards were bad but now it's going to affect my grades. Looking forward to shooting off to uni, that's for sure.

Retreat to your sett, Badger. Allergies won't follow you there.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:54 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Hope all feel well or better if appropriate.

Rough night- I am connecting the dots between the nights I do not take the seroquel for whatever reason and ..... horrible (as in no) sleep. And yesterday was a killer at work. Onward...coffee...

Take care all-
A
Old 03-14-2017, 03:40 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

What does seroquel do for you August?

OT - Unfortunately I am in my setting. Man brings all kinds of lovely crap with him that is not indigenous. Stuff grows well in the desert if you water it. Out here its pollen from olive and mulberry trees that gets a lot of folk. Why you warring with your school standards? Why is it going to impact your grades?
Old 03-14-2017, 03:52 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Badger- sleep aid with a mild anti-anxiety component. My dr started me on it when I quit (well, actually before) and adjusted the dose down a little as my nightmares/sweats/etc turned into regular sleep, and still wants me to take it every night. There have been a handful of nights where I didn't take it for some reason or another and most of those have been super restless- like sleeping a total of three, four hours- for whatever reason (mental or other). I was out bc I just didn't have time to call in and pick up refills Sun or Mon. Last night I was exhausted but in a really grateful place so it was good thoughts keeping me up....but I try to be careful about rest! So, I got an almost three hour nap after work today, of course the patio is closed tonight (hi, 37 in Atlanta in MArch!) and gave up a shift on Thu. My schedule is a bear for the next week so I need to work in better rest, planned in advance if I can.

I am also trying to adjust how much ativan I take (to take less) as I use other anti-anxiety tools. However, I do notice that I get a headache if I don't take any, so I am aiming for one to two (the rx is for one in am then one-two later) as a "maintenance."

Still no ice cream and I have decided to cut out one additional sweet thing a day. Good and creative salads are my lunch thing right now and I have impressed myself so far.

Strangers come say hi. Everyone, take care of yourselves.
A
Old 03-15-2017, 12:05 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Morning all! My cat decided to sleep on my pillow all night so I've had little sleep. Such a pushover.

Badger - Don't let the allergies get you down.
One of my teachers left and we've been combined with another class. The class is now way too big, and the timetables are now different. I'm lucky I quit my job, but most people can't make it to the lessons. All because the college don't want to pay out for a new tutor! There's more to it than that as well but I'll end up writing an essay.

Doing well on the no ice cream front August, keep it up!
Old 03-15-2017, 04:39 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

OT- thanks- jeans are a little looser

Good night's sleep and thankfully, not the early meeting because I can go to my noon!!

Penny? Mel? Lee? Anyone else I haven't seen or might have missed- hope you are all just busy, and well.

xo
A
Old 03-15-2017, 01:14 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Just applied for a science events volunteer position, trying to get out of my comfort zone a little.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:43 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Administrator

good luck OT

D
Old 03-15-2017, 05:28 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Good for you Ol'Tom
Old 03-16-2017, 07:45 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

What's up Febradoodles? Checking in. Busy. Can't breathe. Life is good
Old 03-17-2017, 12:25 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Come up for air ASAP, Badger.

Chill day today. Going to get some stuff I've been meaning to do done. May have found someone to live with in September (provided I get into my desired university). In the middle of applying for student finance which is a massive headache.
Old 03-17-2017, 05:02 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Ugh, OT, that sounds like doing my taxes. Which sober me won't skip this year (ahem, might have happened in the past) but also hates "stuff like that."

Long Friday ahead. Take care all-
A
Old 03-17-2017, 01:31 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

A necessary evil August!

Student finances all done now. Already have a figure for my maintenance loan, pretty relieved with it. I'll be able to afford food.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:17 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Good news, OT. While Cliff says that my fridge usually looks Russian, I like it that way and it has what I need and want

So. Just NOW coming up for air and finding words... really thrown for a loop yesterday when my sponsor and I really dug into defects (step 6). We had discussed before....I still haven't sorted out WHY I was so impacted, got defensive, and more than I can elaborate on here but much like that wollop of grief I got following a meeting right after I did my4th step, I was thrown for a loop. Had to go to a long night at work and did ok, but had to really fight the isolation and not cancel plans tonight with Cliff, to reach out and ask for him to be "present" via text last night while I was at work and to come over today with some changes to our plan. Getting out of the house to the store even though not my usual be bop along self, taking a bath (why have I been showering for a week? I hadn't done that in years unless in the hospital- always baths), putting hair and makeup together.....feel like I can breathe almost normally.

Clearly, lots of work to be done around this biggie.

Sorry to be so me-focused in my post- just felt able to put that into words and needed to!
Grateful y'all are here.
Hope it is pleasant where everyone is like it finally is again here!
Til later-
a
Old 03-18-2017, 04:22 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-23-a.html

D